Nail snapped,client was cleaning!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi did a set of nails last night and client told me she was cleaning all day to day.I gave her aftercare advice and off she went.Today she phoned salon saying one has come off.I only work at salon Thursdays and rest of week from home.The salon is 8 miles from where I live so now have to go over tom for one nail! Have I done the right thing or do you think I sholud have got her to come to me? Also if this happens again with anyone else I'll know what to do.
Thanks.

I would fix the nail but because the break was her fault, I would charge her. If I had a nail technician that wouldn't fix my nail (whether it was my fault or not) I would not go back to him/her. That IS part of our business. It may not always be convenient, but...

Good luck! :)

what about having a minimum call out chrage...?? even if you charge her for the rapair...(and you should) its going to be like £4 .... Maybe set your minimum call out at £10 and they don't want to pay that they they come to you.

Nails take 24-48 hours to cure

Any break within this time and the client is not following after care... would you go running on half dried concrete? Nope, didn't think so...

Clients should always be made aware that l&p is always vulnerable during this time and extra care should be taken

And of course! Lots of solar oil, this will help reduce your cure time to around 24 hours (assuming your mix ratio wasn't wet) and then they will be as strong as possible!

HTH's

Latest posts

Back