Nail station - what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian H

Reaction score
I everyone :) ive just ordered this as my nail table, had my eye on it for ages and it was a fraction of the price of most nail tables ive seen! What do you think?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390126830905.jpg
    1390126830905.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,242
I everyone :) ive just ordered this as my nail table, had my eye on it for ages and it was a fraction of the price of most nail tables ive seen! What do you think?

It looks very nice my only observation is that it looks very deep from the picture it may mean both you and your client are stretching over the table to work effectively.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It is wider than my previous desk, its 68cm so im just hoping its ok, I had a little role play with a tape measure but its not the same lol ill let you know when it arrives x

I do quite like this desk. Someone sugested on another thread about ikea desks that if its to wide you could cut out a wave/well/indent in the desk on your side to make it smaller. Then you can buy a piece of lamination sticker to go on the cut that matches the desk. Make sense?

Yeah thats a really good idea! Thanks!
The baskets on the picture unfortunately arnt included but im sure I can pick them up for a couple of pounds.
Ive been wanting an L shaped desk for ages and just fell in love with this one x

Yeah i have an L shaped desk and i love it, i dont have any storage under mine so i sat a 6cube shelve on top of it, looks great and im loving that you can modify things to suit your needs

Ye I have some office chairs that can be adjusted so hopefully I will be ok! Fingers crossed x

Can you let us know if the width is a problem. I keep bumping knees with my Clients and I end up sitting twisted to avoid this but that's probably not good for my back. So I was thinking a wider desk but am not sure how wide is sensible for comfortable working.

I have an ikea desk width 75cm so quite deep but i was thinking about getting a smaller one. I mentioned it to a few clients and lots of them said they love it because they can completely rest their arms on it instead of just their hands. The only downside to mine is taking up space in my room and if I'm doing detailed nail art I do have to lean across a bit. 62cm sounds good to me, let us know how you get on.

X

Can you let us know if the width is a problem. I keep bumping knees with my Clients and I end up sitting twisted to avoid this but that's probably not good for my back. So I was thinking a wider desk but am not sure how wide is sensible for comfortable working.

I had a wide desk & it was definately not comfortable working for me, for the client it was.

I found I was having a sore back after every set of nails and not only that but a very sore stomach from leaning into the desk so hard, got a smaller width & its much better!

I was worried about mine being too wide for me too and I only got mine yesterday. This is what I got from ikea. But to be honest it's not a big deal. I still need to buy a decent chair for myself and my customers but I did my friends nails last night using the dining chairs and it was fine to me. I have so so much stuff to still put away and buy as well but I think it's perfect for me.

If you like it you'll make it work ;-)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390150182.902729.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390150193.815586.jpg

Should be fine. Just pull your clients closer. They'll soon pull their chair in a bit if it's a problem.

I will let you all know when it arrives :) x

Its here!! But have to wait a few days to put it up in my new salon x

Update!! Ignore the mesd still setting salon up. I love the desk, I havent done any nails on it yet but ive pretend with my mum sat at the clirnts side and its a lot wider than what im used to, but I think it will be fine! I really like it, plenty of room for everything :)

Attachments

• 1392042360009.jpg
    1392042360009.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 934
  • 1392042376281.jpg
    1392042376281.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 674
Update!! Ignore the mesd still setting salon up. I love the desk, I havent done any nails on it yet but ive pretend with my mum sat at the clirnts side and its a lot wider than what im used to, but I think it will be fine! I really like it, plenty of room for everything :)

Love the look of this the storage looks fab! Xx

Hi could you please pm me to where you got the desk from please it looks perfect!
Thanks

Its amazon and its called lex corner desk, there are a few different prices for the exact same desk so have a good look, I paid £158 delivered and its great x

Siah H, I love your table! I also really like your table light, where did you get that from?

It looks fab! Well done. Wish I had the room for one of those.
Mayone one day I will convert the shed :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back