nail tech wants her nail done by a nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryblossom

Reaction score
hi all
I have recently set up my own business working from home, having advertised and getting quite a good response from clients, i had a call yesterday from a lady wanting a full set of lcn sculptures, which isnt a problem, the only problem is i found out today is that she is a mobile nail tech in my area, do you think she just rang to check me out and my standard of work, im realy nervous about doing this on her as i only qualified in april of this year and only learnt how to do sculpture about 3 weeks ago when i did my lcn sculpture course. im afraid that she will pick at every thing i do and i just dont need the hassle right now as at the moment things are going well. just wondered what you all think i should do and ,

would you ever do work on another nail tech nails?

Hi Linzi,

Obviously no-one knows if she is coming to check you out or not but I'm a nail technician and I never do my own nails!! I go to a salon to have my nails done because I can't be bothered to do my own!!! I'm just a bit too lazy and plus I would like some pampering too.

Look on the bright side of things, maybe this girl has found out that you do lcn nails and thought " Finally, I can get someone local to do my nails rather than having to do them myself!!! ". I know it's hard to do another tech's nails but as long as you do everything correct i.e. prep, sanitize etc. then she will have nothing bad to say about you. Let us know how it goes. :Love:

HUn I'll work on anyone's nails as long as they pay!!! Don't worry about it either. I have had my nails done before, this tech prattled on about how great she was, how well she had been taught, had 5 years experience etc and they were lifting before I got home.

If she makes you feel bad then just refuse to continue the treatment. She should respect you though and just let you get on with it and enjoy beng pampered for a change, after all if she was that particular she wouldn't let anybody else do her nails but herself.

Just treat her as you would any other client and enjoy it!

Treat her like any other paying client and give her your best.:Love:

Give it your best hun and dont be put off. This is your chance to show what a fab job you can do! :D

You have the advantage of knowing that she is a nail tech. Don't worry about it - just do your best. It will be interesting to know if she lets on she's a nail tech. Good luck!

Hi Hun hate to say it but she prob is coming to check out her compitition. Thing is she is still a client who maybe just doesnt like doing her own and thought she would get some pampering. Just stay calm act yourself and do a good thorough job!!

i personally wouldnt do it, i would say i dont to other nail techs, its a conflict of interests. Ive noticed that if someone is checking you out and trying to copy you they ask a million questions, whereas people who jujst want their nail doing dont ask millions of questions.eg where did u train, what products do u us etc etc.

i dont tell people anything like this i just say i have done alot of research and people should put the effort into finding something good for them instead if just copying everything. ive already had one client poaching customers becoming a tech herself and she lives 10 doors away from me.

no one has been bothered by this at all, and if they dont like it dont come back

Sassy Hassy said:
HUn I'll work on anyone's nails as long as they pay!!! Don't worry about it either. I have had my nails done before, this tech prattled on about how great she was, how well she had been taught, had 5 years experience etc and they were lifting before I got home.

If she makes you feel bad then just refuse to continue the treatment. She should respect you though and just let you get on with it and enjoy beng pampered for a change, after all if she was that particular she wouldn't let anybody else do her nails but herself.

Just treat her as you would any other client and enjoy it!

well said sass - couldnt have put it better myself

She probbaly is checking out her competition, I did the same when I moved to Lowestoft. I visisted three salons over a period to check out what I was up against, plus I wan't to find another tech who could do my nails occassionaly (miss being pampered).

I hasten to add I'm still doing my own nails;)

It's good experience. Just to your best and take her money.

I guess she could be checking out her competition or just inocently wanting her nails done!

You won't know until you have done them and if she books another appoint!

I hate doing my own nails!!!!! so i wouldn't blame her if she just wants her nails done!

Don't let on that you know she is a tech, just do your work and be careful with what you say, don't give away any hints, just be honest but don't blab your secrets.....Hey you may be able to get your nails done by her in return!!!!

If I could find a decent nail tech in my area I would get mine done too!!!

i did another nail tech the other night. she hadnt told me on the phone, but it came out during conversation. i said that was a little bit nerve wracking, but she was really nice. i thoroughly enjoyed chatting with her, it was nice to find someone i had something in common with.

try to enjoy it, she is probably just wanting a treat.

Latest posts

Back