Nail Technician. What to learn next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm a Nail Technician running a home nail salon. I want to learn new courses,as to offer more to my clients.

What do you think i should learn next?

Hair extensions?
Waxing?
Tinting?
Make-up?
Facials?

Any other ideas?

for me waxing was the next step as this was the service most asked for :) and i have been really busy x

why not ask your clients hon? do a little feedback sheet and give them some options and a box for their own ideas. this way your clients will feel valued and involved AND you will get great feedback about what they would like to have.

We recently did this and it was very successful.

tigi

Hair ext for a nail tech?????
Check out the ext threads on the hair forum for the amount of hassle us hair geeks get from hair ext!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from waxing, spray tanning seems to be very popular?

Spray tanning and eyelash extensions
xx

why not ask your clients hon? do a little feedback sheet and give them some options and a box for their own ideas. this way your clients will feel valued and involved AND you will get great feedback about what they would like to have.

We recently did this and it was very successful.

tigi

I think this is an excellent suggestion and is the only true way you are going to find out which is the best treatment to add to your service menu.

I personally think that waxing would be a fantastic money earner, however you need to get fabulous training to set you apart from your competitors and in my opinion be willing to offer all kinds of waxing to get the high income rolling in. This includes both male and female intimate waxing. For waxing trainers do a search on here and make an informed descion, there are quite a few to choose from.

Why not take the research a step further and conduct some kind of survey to discover what waxing treatments in your area would be most profitable for you. Find out where your nearest waxing studio is. Hope this helps.

anne xx

I'd say spray tanning and lash extensions too - or what about still something nail related like Minx?

Thanx for all your advice.
Spraytanning is not famous in our town, come to think of it, we do NOT have one here! Don't know why though. But, to start spraytanning, i'll need lots of capital, right? :-(

Hair extensions is famous here. Lash extensions NOT. Come to think of it, NOTHING except nails are famous here. Think it will be a good idea to conduct a survey.

Thanx everyone. XXX

You would need to be a qualified hairdresser to do hair extensions.

Thanx for all your advice.
Spraytanning is not famous in our town, come to think of it, we do NOT have one here! Don't know why though. But, to start spraytanning, i'll need lots of capital, right? :-(

Hair extensions is famous here. Lash extensions NOT. Come to think of it, NOTHING except nails are famous here. Think it will be a good idea to conduct a survey.

Thanx everyone. XXX

Well, if no-ones offering the service at the moment, could you not be the one to bring it to your area?

If noone does spray tanning then thats the option I would be going for. Youn dont need a complete fortune to set up spray tanning as you only need a machine and tent which there are great offers on €400 aprox in Ireland.:)

I did a survey. Seems that facials, waxing and eyelash extension are what people here want.

I live in a cold climate, so spraytan is not an option.
Now i don't know which to do first?
Waxing, Facials or eyelash extensions...?

I eventually want to do everything. But since i can only take a few days leave at once, i can only do 1 treatment at a time.

Latest posts

Back