Nail Trainer to Buy -- must read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody has a nail trainer in good condition with nails ect for sale? I did look on geekbay but I think those ones are sold. I would need it posted within the U.K. asap as i'll be over there next week. Please PM me if you have.
Thanks.

me too, me too!!!
If anyone has a second nail trainer, can I have it please?

Sorry no nail trainer for sale. But just to let you know that I brought mine from Essential Nails just over a year ago and they let me pay in 4 instalments (can't remember how much each was - but is was one payment when I ordered and then 1 for each of the 3 months following). I found there service really helpful. The trainer came the next day and had a video, instruction booklet, nail beds, Cards keep finish tips on, Resin and Primer (only to be used on the trainer!!!!!!!!!) Not sure if a) they still offer the payment in installments or b) have changed the package in anyway or c) Delivery costs and arrangements for delivering other than in England.but worth phoning up and enquiring. There should be a link to them under 'Shtuff' then 'Geek Links' HTH

Thanks very much for the information Claire, I will look into it.

I have one for sale if any of you Geeks are interested it is second but I a decent condition.

How about the beauty for nails website? I think they sell them, might be worth a look,Good luck with your search, Claire Xxx

I found nail trainers (had them at college) to be a waste of time. I found filling a dishwashing glove with rice and placing tips on the end a much better (and cheaper) alternative! :green:

thanks for the tip. Well, Ive done it, used buckwheat though. And now Ive got a fuschia Marigold staring at me. Nice idea but how should I glue the tips on and be able to take them off agian without making a new hand each time and doesnt it explode when I try to file it? Sorry if I sound unenthusiastic, Im just a bit bemused. I would be thrilled if this works cos then I can use the money on other nail stuff.

Little Tree said:
I found nail trainers (had them at college) to be a waste of time. I found filling a dishwashing glove with rice and placing tips on the end a much better (and cheaper) alternative! :green:

I'm sure the development team at Essential Nail Products who spent about a quarter of a million pounds developing a Nail Trainer that simulates the natural hand and arm in movement and has removeable nailbeds and neoprene 'skin' around each finger, will be real pleased to know that all they had to do was take a 'marigold glove' fill it with rice and they would have had a real winner on their hands. :lol:

The EssentiaL Nail Nail Trainer is one of the finest tools to aid students that has ever been produced by anyone. The students who use it get on much faster than those who don't. I still use mine frequently when I want to try out something new or nail art design etc.

I bet that Creative are just sick that they didnt think of it before spending all that money.pmsl

Bit confused as to why I got negative feedback for the comment I made. I only said it as a joke. Feel a bit upset. Sorry if I offended anyone, it wasnt my intention. Could whoever gave it pm me with details please?

Bit confused as to why I got negative feedback for the comment I made. I only said it as a joke. Feel a bit upset. Sorry if I offended anyone, it wasnt my intention.

Oh join the club, sweetheart. A sense of humour is not a strong point with some people and, for some reason, feel it their godgiven right to slam, put down, rile and lambast others because, well, because they think it's their birthright or something.

As you can see, what was simply an opinion I presented was taken (somehow) as a directive and sarcastically maligned. *sigh* However, I feel this is more of a personal issue with me as opposed to proferring a professional opinion. And you'll get that too.

Please don't be upset: it's not you, it's them for ultimately we are responsible how we feel, not other people. If anything, a lack of understanding on their part just shows how inarticulate they are.

my nail trainer has been invaluable to me
especially in practising of blending tips at the begining of my learning, you cant blend tips on a filled glove.
it helped me get my timings down and practise different ways of pre tailoring tips and if it would work before actually doing it for real.

yippeee, bought myself a nail trainer and Im so excited. Thanks to all of you for your help on where to get it and for making me feel 'right' about spending all that money on 'just' a hand (people not nail involved think Ive finally and completely lost the plot).

Don't worry Aviva ... it ain't just a hand. As I said, a quarter of a million went on its development and that money has to be recooped so of course the item is not cheap to buy, but neither is it a cheap item (if you see what I mean).

I have always supported the Nail Trainer .... as you know one is included in the price of all Creative Foundation classes .... A commitment was made to include it because I witnessed the results of those who used it as opposed to those who did not. The ones who used it came on in leaps and bounds compared to the ones who did not. It was after seeing this for some months that the decision was made to embrace its use in class and not make it optional. This commitment goes back some 7 years now and my comments were not made off the top of my head to malign anyone .... That seems to be what 'anyone' does best herself. I proffered what was most definitely my professional opinion as can be seen from the many posts in the past where I have given the same opinion (do a search love).

I thought my post was pretty funny actually as did many others, if messages are anything to go by, and it was meant to be funny as I think anyone with any kind of a sense of humour could tell.

I am really tired of justifying myself in response to Little Tree's posts and even more tired of reading Little Trees responses which (big yawn) bore me to tears. How one person can come on a site and get everyones backs up by generally being rude and confrontational about literally everything and then say ... oh its all a big joke and I wasn't getting at anyone personally ... shows just how little respect you have for the members' intelligence here.

Little Tree said:

How is that cheaper?

1. There's no way that you can get the tip off the glove without tearing it so by my reckoning, that a couple of quid each set you do. For the gloves and the rice.

2. Where are the side walls?

3. Surely they're not solid enough to buff and blend properly?

avivajoy said:
yippeee, bought myself a nail trainer and Im so excited. Thanks to all of you for your help on where to get it and for making me feel 'right' about spending all that money on 'just' a hand (people not nail involved think Ive finally and completely lost the plot).

What the pink marigold didn't work then lol?

Actually Sas I have no idea. Got rather fond of Marigold though and an extra hand around the place is allways welcome. ROFL

ow hun you could have saved a fortune as i have a spare pair if sainsburys rubber gloves im going to put on geekbay, i used them for all my training, and cleaning the loo, pmsl, :) ,
i brought a nail trainer when i first started and i love it, couldnt be without it, it is the geek law though that when you recieve your training hand you must name it, mine is andy, pmsl
avivajoy said:

You could at least have had the decency to give me first refusal on your gloves before you advertised them. lol. Itll be a while until I get it/him/her, enough time to think up a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back