nailbiter in scratch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) White tips are not the enemy if you use them correctly.:)

That's just too funny and made me smile thanks for that!
M.J.

I've watched this thread with interest, and not having seen the article am only guessing at the technique. I think what we have to remember is that when you are very early in your nail career it is best to get your technique sussed before you move on. Once you have those difficult skills under your belt and can pull them out of the bag whenever you need them, then experiment, Yup think outside the box!

We have seen that one of the main things we believe that make the NSS attractive is price and their incredible speed! So whilst we love our advanced skills a lot of the public really don't care! Young girls in particular love them to look as white, square, bold and brassy as you can get them because they WANT people to know they have had their nails done! It is those young girls who seem to be attracted to the NSS to the low price/ high speed/ non appointment ethos. They are often one off clients, so why not increase your profits by adding white tipped sets to your service menu?

Dont knock it til you've tried it!!!!!!!!!

PS over exposure MAY occur if you repeatedly do this, the chances of a reaction occurring at their first visit is very unlikely. If they keep them up then they switch to infills, and if gets time to have a new set then the natural nail will have grown sufficiently to apply the tip compeltely over the nail.

I think the problem is that a lot of techs started their practice using white tips and as they progress the white tips get put to the back of the drawer.
They do have their uses and I have seen this method done before and it DID work.
I too have been accused of being a sculpting snob on occasion.

i just put a pic in the gallery of a nail i did on myself using the same method with the nudite powders this was a while ago i used a natural tip

As i said before i like white tips i use them on myself as i have the right nail plate for them and on clients if they suit.I cant see the problem with them i can do my whites but not on myself and to be honest cant be botherd i can have just as nice nails by slinging on a white tip.I will be trying this method as by the end results i thought it looked pretty good i posted this thread as haven not seen it done before did not make sense to me .thanxs for the reply it does make a bit more sense now but will have to try it myself to see if this method is for me.All i would say when there is step by steps it needs to be a bit clearer so us techs that dont see these methods used often can understand them better cheers

Latest posts

Back