nailbiter in scratch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay welch

Reaction score
any of you have received there scratch would have seen the article on nail biters.Applying extreme tips to to a bitten nail i would never have thought you could do that but i can see that it could work.One thing that i cant get my head around is where there is a gap between the f/e of the natural nail and the gap between that and the smile of the tip wouldent the l&p just sink in to that gap or go on the f/e.can any of you make out what i mean and explain it to a thicko :eek:thanxs

any of you have received there scratch would have seen the article on nail biters.Applying extreme tips to to a bitten nail i would never have thought you could do that but i can see that it could work.One thing that i cant get my head around is where there is a gap between the f/e of the natural nail and the gap between that and the smile of the tip wouldent the l&p just sink in to that gap or go on the f/e.can any of you make out what i mean and explain it to a thicko :eek:thanxs

You mean the tip isn't on the nail all the way?

no the ears of the tips are stuck on the bottom of the f/e so there is a gap what they are trying to achive is making the nail plate longer .if you have the mag you will see what i mean

no the ears of the tips are stuck on the bottom of the f/e so there is a gap what they are trying to achive is making the nail plate longer .if you have the mag you will see what i mean

My gosh why don't they just do a blended tip with a custom blend pink & white.. I don't see how successfull what would be for a nail biter. Especially as they grow out. I would forsee it going into the crack and getting on the skin, how good could that be for a biter.

I don't have the mag, however, from the way you've described it there would be an overexposure risk?
Surely it would be better to apply a tip in the normal way or sculpt so that there's no risk of seepage of product onto the skin? Did they use anything to protect the skin from the products?

I can't see how they do it to be honest, it doesnt seem to be clearly explained in the step by step, why the acrylic doesnt seep between the white tip and the free edge.
it sems to be a base powder that you use before normal L&P application so maybe it is used very dry, so as not to seep under the free edge!!

I saw this too and wondered why they didnt just do a custom blend and sculpt the free edge - why do some feel they have to use white tips at all costs.

not that i could see on the picture.i suppose you could put a form under but they hadent. the tips where wellless extreme smile which i would normally do on someone with big beds so i would never have thought of sticking just the ears on so then you have a gap.so that gap is them pink to make the nail bed longer.it looked good but just cant see where the product is going to go apart from falling in the hole???come on who has seen it and can explain

im glad im not the only one who couldnt make it out thought i was a thicko also by pinching the tip before you apply will it stay curved or just spring back??

Also if they are just doing an overlay, that would look really goofy. Depending on the product they are using or the color blend it would look like there is nothing but a clear hole in the nail, where the nailbed should actually be. Did it show that they did a custom blend to cover that area? Sorry I don't have the magazine. A little strange to me!

I too would like an explanation. I've got the mag and it really doesnt explain how the "gap" between the free edge and the tip is dealt with to create the enhancement for a nail biter. :?:

Also if they are just doing an overlay, that would look really goofy. Depending on the product they are using or the color blend it would look like there is nothing but a clear hole in the nail, where the nailbed should actually be. Did it show that they did a custom blend to cover that area? Sorry I don't have the magazine. A little strange to me!

Yes it was an Entity powder that is a camouflage powder called Nudite. It was Martin John who did the work.

I have to say, apart from the strength n overexposure issues, I don't think it looks like an elegant finished nail.... sorry if I've offended anyone, but it looks like a white tip on a nailbiter.....

Is it just me or does anyone else think they look absolutely awful!!

Using white tips on a bitten nail is just a complete no no. The shape is just all wrong too.

These nails would look so much better with a natural tip, a white powder overlay for the french, finished with a custom blend to extend the nail bed slightly. Oh,and finished with a better shape.

Hiya
Ive just done some nail biters

I did clear tip blended
overlay (reverse technique) with custom blend pink with a little silver metro powder added(nail bed of bitten nail was extended by custom blend
then on the tip clear powder mixed with silver metro
PERFECTION

this added length and with clear tips gives a natural look

Jenx

Hiya
Ive just done some nail biters

I did clear tip blended
overlay (reverse technique) with custom blend pink with a little silver metro powder added(nail bed of bitten nail was extended by custom blend
then on the tip clear powder mixed with silver metro
PERFECTION

this added length and with clear tips gives a natural look

Jenx

Hi Jen

Just a question about your reverse technique - I presume you do zone 3 first - is this because of a nail biter or how you do it anyway?

Don't get me started on this!!! I had a right old grumble in my journal about some of the things in Scratch this month..... mainly the use of white tips in so many of the step-by-steps, as well as tip blender..... Then inside the mag.... white tips on a nail biter?????

This is my jounral entry on that subject "And inside the mag, Martin John uses white tips on his 'how to tranform a nail biter' feature - is creating a white smile line too much to ask of a professional tech writing for a professional trade magazine??". If you want the unabridged version have a peek at my journal!!

Honestly, if we're trying to move our industry forward and with so many fab products available to us...... this is the best a trade mag can offer......?

i too keep looking at the article and wondering how the l&p doesn't go through the gap and stick to the skin!!

wasn't all that impressed with the end result to be honest.....i think a set of custom blended sculpts would have been a better choice

Oh wow wish i could see the article in mention sounds um....interesting :lol: :eek:

Latest posts

Back