Nails and Sunbeds/Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
2 questions really - now its getting to summer and everyone is topping up their tans!!

Firstly - Gel Nails and sunbeds - I know you can buy those covers for your fingers to cover the nails while you use the sunbed, but what about gel toes?

What effect does the sunbed have on the nails (i presume it over cures/discolours it) - is it instant or over prolonged use?

I don't offer gel nails - I'm not confident enough with them yet but i do offer gel toes.

Secondly - Fake tan (out of bottle) not a professional one, does this have any effects on nails (any system) should i offer any tips as aftercare if clients use tan? Can it contribute to lifting? Are clients better using it before or after having their nails done?

Any advice I would be most grateful for, especially the gel and sunbed combination xx

When i go to have a blast at the solarium, I always put a coat of polish on my nails before hand.
It can be clear or any colour but it definately works in preventing them from going yellow.

hth's

debbie x

Great thanx for that :hug: - just tips to pass onto my clients as aftercare.
I didn't want them coming back and complaining they had gone yellow after their sunbed session (yellow toes are a no no!) xx

I have never had a problem with creative going yellow
Spray tanning/self application tan/sunbeds etc

It may be that the system you use is not UV protected
You should put some uv finishing gloss on B4 u tan

Jenx

I have never had any problems with sunbeds and gel nails....but i use non soak off gels...never faded, discoloured, having to wear soaks over your hands...nothing !!

However when i went through a faze of using soak off gels....i did have discolouring problems.. x

I have never had any problems with sunbeds and gel nails....but i use non soak off gels...never faded, discoloured, having to wear soaks over your hands...nothing !!

However when i went through a faze of using soak off gels....i did have discolouring problems.. x

cool i use BRiSA so hopefully should be ok. thanx everyonwe for all your help! xx
:hug:

cool i use BRiSA so hopefully should be ok. thanx everyonwe for all your help! xx
:hug:

I use Brisa and Tantrick spray tan and I have no problems at all on fingers or toes:lol:

Latest posts

Back