nails coming off.. am i crap?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hi :cry: I've got a client (well had) who i've been doing for a month or so. First off I did her a full set of glitters, after a week she said a couple had "fallen off" (hate that term) and when i went to replace them and do her infills she said a couple more had some off so she bit the rest off..

so i did a new set for her, p&w again after one week she said 2 had come off. Today is the day before the infill and shes text me saying loads more have come off! and that she cant afford to pay for a whole new set (which i totally understand).

The first time she admitted to not looking after them.. no oiling etc and they were abit to long. She works in a nursing home so its quite physical and she said she has to wash her hands at least 30 times a day.

I did her friend at the same time and she hasnt had any problems, well one lifted slighty but i've fixed that. do u think its me? it prob is. none of my other clients have them all fall off! maybe one when they're doing the washing or something.. what do u think i'm doing wrong? its really knocked my confidence.

Also do u think i should text her back ?

hi :cry: I've got a client (well had) who i've been doing for a month or so. First off I did her a full set of glitters, after a week she said a couple had "fallen off" (hate that term) and when i went to replace them and do her infills she said a couple more had some off so she bit the rest off..

so i did a new set for her, p&w again after one week she said 2 had come off. Today is the day before the infill and shes text me saying loads more have come off! and that she cant afford to pay for a whole new set (which i totally understand).

The first time she admitted to not looking after them.. no oiling etc and they were abit to long. She works in a nursing home so its quite physical and she said she has to wash her hands at least 30 times a day.

I did her friend at the same time and she hasnt had any problems, well one lifted slighty but i've fixed that. do u think its me? it prob is. none of my other clients have them all fall off! maybe one when they're doing the washing or something.. what do u think i'm doing wrong? its really knocked my confidence.

Also do u think i should text her back ?
Firstly this client has previously bitten off her remaining enhancements and admitted to not looking after them. So why blame yourself. Sounds like this might have happenend even if you had cemented them on!!

Secondly, how long are they? If she works in a nursing home, then chances are she is pretty heavy handed along with all that hand washing and disinfecting. If her nails are long then the problem is exacerbated.

I'm mentioning all this so that you don't beat yourself up about it.

I would say it's not you if your other clients aren't suffering with nails 'falling off'.
Firstly, nails don't fall off... if she's bitten the rest off then who's to say she didn't start prising them off with her teeth in the first place?
Secondly, she might not suit L+P, this is where being a full service technician comes into its' own as you could try gel or fibreglass on her to see how she gets on.
Thirdly, are you sure your prep was kickass spot-on? You might have to do a mega-prep on this particular client for her nails to last, and she must also realise that she needs nails at a length to suit her lifestyle aswell as looking after them properly.
hth's a bit.

how are they coming off?

are they lifting from the cuticle?

are they cracking along the stress area?

are the tips coming clean off?

have you scrubfreshed over her nail? its a good tip to see if there is nail plate damage/missing....she may have picked them off.

Dont get despondant:hug: :hug: get yourself as many models as you can and see how they keep their nails. You cant go by one client (who may be a serial picker)

good luck mate.

amb x

thanks :) i dont think she wants me back and to be honest, i'd prob be stressed if i did do them again! i'll save my health.DO u think i should text her back saying god knows what or shall i just leave it?

No idea how they are falling off.. i dont think they were lifting from the cuticle though cause i know shes had nails before and should know what lifting ones look like. by the sounds of it they just came clean off! I cant remember seeing any damage to the nail which made me think it was me. I didnt use scrubfresh then, cause i didnt have any, but i got nailclass and have resently bought some, just waiting now for ellisons to restock creative cuticle remover

thanks :) i dont think she wants me back and to be honest, i'd prob be stressed if i did do them again! i'll save my health.DO u think i should text her back saying god knows what or shall i just leave it?

its a 50 - 50 partnership

If you've sent her out the door with a decent set of nails and she dont look after them then thats her lookout:irked:

If no one else is having probs then dont worry about it - move on !

You'll always get the peeps that take the p

amb xxxxx

I would just send a text back saying, Sorry to hear you've been having problems, sadly not everyone gets on with nail extensions in this busy world we live in, I'm always here if you'd like them done again. Have a great Christmas, best wishes .... or words to that effect.

If it's something that doesn't normally happen then I would say she hasn't looked after them, she's bitten a set off already, chances are these met with her teeth too!

It would help if you could answer our questions first please linzwee. This way we can give you a more informed answer.

its a 50 - 50 partnership

If you've sent her out the door with a decent set of nails and she dont look after them then thats her lookout:irked:

If no one else is having probs then dont worry about it - move on !

You'll always get the peeps that take the p

amb xxxxx

DITTO
took me a while... but I finally realized.
If MY nails stay on with a beating they take (and I'm a bad girl, never using oil...etc) and my reg clients have no problems.....
then the 'pickers' can go elsewhere, I'm not doing freebies and don't have time for people that lie to me and try to rip me off.

phoooey on that noise.

It would help if you could answer our questions first please linzwee. This way we can give you a more informed answer.

sorry to answer your question they werent even that long.. no longer than half the nail bed, i was taught not to do them any longer. but in opinion they were too long for the work that she does but thats what she wanted

sorry to answer your question they werent even that long.. no longer than half the nail bed, i was taught not to do them any longer. but in opinion they were too long for the work that she does but thats what she wanted
Thanks! Then it's her loss to be honest. Do you really want a client like that anyway. Sounds like she's a picker. Sassy's advice is good though. xx

I have a terrible nail biter and picker. She works as a dentists' assistant and has already told me that she has had a go at filing her nails with the drill that they use for our mouths!!!!! She is forever picking and assuming that I will do the one or two that have come off for free.

Stupidly at first I did this because i felt that it was all my fault and didn't want to loose her but now (after knowing how she treats them) she pays for everything . You have to stand your ground as Victoria says otherwise people will take the pee and tell porkies.

I also think what Sassy says about giving her a call wouldn't hurt, be polite and wish her all the best.

HTh Teri x

I have a terrible nail biter and picker. She works as a dentists' assistant and has already told me that she has had a go at filing her nails with the drill that they use for our mouths!!!!!

eek and double eek, now that's bad!

I've sent her a text saying near enough what sassy said. thanks peeps xxx

will defo be watching every move you make when u do my nails sassy ha ha x

.... and there's no pressure there then lol! remember I do gel, but the principle and basics are the same as l&p!

I have a terrible nail biter and picker. She works as a dentists' assistant and has already told me that she has had a go at filing her nails with the drill that they use for our mouths!!!!!

Boy am i glad i dont go to the dentist in your area lol

why can,t any of you guys be near ME!!!!! i ssoooooo want my nails done but the only place i went to screwed them up and i don,t trust anyone:cry::cry::cry: I WANT PRETTY LONG NAILS.. I WANT I WANT!!!!!!!

You should see the state of my teeth:eek:

Teri x

If they arnt white and pristeen (sp) i'll pass lol I have this thing about teeth where im constantly looking at other ppls to see what condition they are in...Bit like nails come to think of it.

Think im losing the plot! :eek: :rolleyes:

Thanks for this thread, it helps so much to hear what reasons can be behind losing nails!

Latest posts

Back