Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters
My educator does mine. She had been doing them for over 3 years and I did my foundation course with her last year...now its like having a 1-2-1 lesson with her everytime I go as I spend the whole time asking questions and watching how she does things!!

Wish I could have someone do them once in a while.I hand file and not to many that I have found in town that does this.

I do my own. Have had them done locally a couple of times and believe the person had a problem with me. They lifted within two days. I know this person and her work and know she does good nails. I do prefer gel nails for myself and I'm the only person in the area that works with gel so that just leaves me to do my nails. Except for the "who does your nails" question everyone ask I would love for someone else to do them.

did my first course 6 years ago now with the intention of doing only my nails! now its my business .. I am one of those loved it do much I started a company :D
used to struggle doing my own nails .. but those fingers ya work with are a gift and more to the point .. your own personal bill board! and boy can it work for ya . always have a new product or investment on my own nails.So no selling involved they sell themselves .. Sultps are a bit more of a pain, but I only do those when I have time and patients..white tips are a god send!
But been having them natural for a wee while .. names life a bit easier :)

Hi
I dont really get much chance to have my own nails done due to my beauty therapy, as they have to remain free from polish and be kept short! But when i do get the chance to have them done then I have to do them myself.
Sas
~X~

I do my own as it does become easier with time and practice! Once in a blue moon I have a friend do them! I love their work so they look beautiful!

Robin

i do my own because i cant bear paying for something i could do myself!! Although that said i treated myself to a fab set for valentines day which mike pocock did for me and i invested in a set from my educator marianne with fab colours to watch her techniques!! well worth it!!

I do my own ...

I'd probably have to travel some distance to get a good job done. The salons in my area do NOT offer backfills - white tips soaked off and replaced approx. every 6 weeks !!

I'm not ambidex ... erm - able to use both hands with equal dexterity, BUT I can carve out my smile line to perfection now on my right hand (which when I first started using my e-file was an impossible - and somewhat dangerous task).

In my opinion, if you can do a great set on yourself then I would definitely say - do your own. No better advertising !!

I do my own, but I did recently go and have them done for my wedding. They stayed on well, but I had to reshape and rebuff them myself as they were bumpy and slanted. They looked much better when I'd finished. So from now on I will do my own.:)

i will be the first to hold my hands up that i do my own but i have ruffed up my own nails so much i should let someone else do them for me really xx emily xx

Someone else does mine as I could never manage my right hand!

I always do my own, it gives me more practice, but I find it very very hard to do my right hand, I'm always saying that i wish someone else could do mine for me, but i dont have anyone close by to do them so i just do mine in my free time at home in the evenings.

Ive always done my own nails, since i got my nail kit in level 3 of beauty i was so excited and did my nails that day, they were crap i must admit but ive done them so many times and even did them lastnight they look fab! :)

Ive had them done once professionally and loved them, they always look better to me compared to my own that i do but im getting better and better. I passed in june this year and im still improving. xxx
[/COLOR]

I have only done my own once and it took me forever:irked:
My daughter and I both did our training together so we always do each others nails which also takes forever but that's only cos we have several tea breaks and then lunch break and loads of talking! It's also the only time I get to spend with her so it's great:)

I do my own, that is one of the reasons I became a Nail Technician. I always try to use glitter or do something a little out-there. It pays off, when people notice your nails....a little advice from my teacher Lana.

i always do my own, and absolutely hate it. But love doing other peoples.

I Would love to find a great tech who can do custom blending (I'm a terrible nail biter when my fingers are naked) in the Leeds/bradford and surrounding area's!

Any offers???? pm me

I do my own as well. I see it like advertising on one side. On the other it is training and I am to picky that I could to let anyone else on my nails. Least no one from my area here. If I would like to get my nails done i have to travel least 1 Hour. And thats to much. And i like to change the Nail Art every two weeks..................

:) I totally do my own acrylic sculptured nails. Usually colours or glitter blends. They always look awesome too :green:

Yep, I hate doing my own too, and I know this sounds bad but I'm sooooo picky and know I would be a client from hell!!!

Saying that, anyone in Ellesmere Port/Chester/Wrexham area that uses Creative and wants to do each others nails, send me an e-mail! Reckon would be a good idea every now and again as you could learn new things from each other.

Kids know to keep away when it's Mummy's nail day! (Next one planned for Monday afternoon and I'm dreading it already)

Someone else does mine for me.....I find it takes such a long time to do my own and i struggle doing my right hand as i am right handed! Hopefully with more experience i will learn to use my left hand a bit more! But for the time being a nail tech does them for me!

Latest posts

Back