Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters
Really struggled to do my own in the past.....but now.....new techniqes:wink2:....I can make a great job of them and I'm so pleased not to have to find a space that a member of staff could 'squeeze me in'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always done my own nails. Been doing my own nails for about 20 + years now. I have been licensed for a little over a year. Would love to get my done by another tech... but there are more discounted nails salons here than there are professional techs...

I actually try do my own but if any1 arounf the dublin area , i'd love to have another nail tech to help and compare notes !!! :smack:

Someone else does my nails BUT shes a creative nail tech and i hve worked with her for many years so i trust her..otherwise i wouldnt let anyone else loose on them:lol:..Until i saw there work..

I have my nails done as part of my pampering sessions, that way I also learn different ways of applying nail art :)

I thoroughly enjoyed having my nails done recently by Fi (Fifitrix), it made a fab change being the client and I'd have them done every fortnight if I could :lol:
I've had mine done by 3 techs (other then me) since I qualified, G (Peter Pan), Gigi and Fi, and all 3 times were lush, not only from a relaxing point of view but also from the learning aspect... however, I wouldn't ever be able to tell people that I did them myself, so I guess I'm stuck with doing them myself :rolleyes: lol

God knows If I have already answered this once lol, I have the memory of a fish,
But I will answer anyway :lol:
God knows If I have already answered this once lol, I have the memory of a fish,
(hahahahaha see what I did there....did you see it !!!! ~~go on roll your eyes at my rubbish joke see if I care lol~~ )

I always do my own nails, I have only ever had them done once professionally when I was 17,
Sometimes I think "god I just wish someone else would do them" but my friends won't lol, they are too scared :green:
I must be some kind of "nail dragon" without realising it lol

I used to dread doing my own nails as my "wrong hand" was a nightmare to do, and always looked pants compared to the other hand,
But now its not so bad, learning other techniques as time went by made it a little easier,
For eg, I use the reverse method (I always custom blend my own, I have little rubbish nail beds) I find this easier on my "wrong hand"
and I LOVE sculpting, but sometimes I use transparent tips on my wrong hand, and overlay, yet I still sculpt my other hand simply because
I enjoy it lol.

I only ever do my nails when I know I have plenty of time, the house is clean and the kids are fed, because it does take me about 3 hours,!
I like to have plenty of brew brakes...
Its play time for me :lol:

I get Lynn (my nail tech friend) to apply mine that way as i'm re-training i get to share her expertise..i would like to have a go at doing themself one day but i do prefer her as she does a smahing job.

I do my own and not because I don't have money to pay others to do it, bu cause I find it to be good practise and I love the look :)

I do my own for two reasons... firstly I don't have anyone else to do them for me unless I pay to go into a salon I don't know (no courage) and secontly out of necessity, I had to do them for my portfolio as two of my models turned out to be non starters.

Now I've done them, I quite enjoy it too. Saddo!

I do my own

and I hate it !!!!!!!!!!

It takes me hours because I don't just get on with it, I keep taking breaks but once I start applying the gel I'm chained to my room until they are finished.

It was such a treat when Gigi did them, I just need to persuade her to pop over once a fortnight:green:

I do my own

and I hate it !!!!!!!!!!

It takes me hours because I don't just get on with it, I keep taking breaks but once I start applying the gel I'm chained to my room until they are finished.

It was such a treat when Gigi did them, I just need to persuade her to pop over once a fortnight:green:

Oooh... now that would be a mega treat wouldn't it? I will probably grow to hate it in a while :green:

well I do my own since I started trainning Because I'm tight. But I find doing the right hand a right pain in the rear although I am getting better :)

I do my own nails although the odd time someone would do them 4 me

I always do my own nails, gives me plenty of practise, and also i have to take them off for work x

I do my own and I love it. When I was a child I was left handed, the teacher did not like it and made me do every thing with right. I know I was crying a lot because it was very hard. But now I benefit. Left or right it doesnt make much difference to me

I haven't done my own nails.....yet. That's all going to change tonight though as I'm on my 2nd CND day of the 5 day foundation course and I'm sure Denise said we have to do the left hand on our own as homework. I'm looking forward to it! I'll put a picture up when it's done and you can all see how rubbish I am, lol! Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

I do my own - i'm far too fussy to have anyone else do them!! :lol:

I am newly qualified and I do my own - not quite ready to do customers. I figured that if I could them on myself I could do them on anyone!

I do my own using white tips and CND Poppets, its so much easier, I don't have to stay up all night trying to do my own from scratch.

Latest posts

Back