Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters
i do the overlays my self with calgel but i can only do colour i can't do french so when i've finished my training i'll get someone to do me french as i love french on my toes & nails :green:

I dont trust anyone to do my nails. Besides I love the compliments I get and when I am asked who has done my nails, I am able to say I did them myself and give them a business card:)

I do my own, but recently decided to let one of the rather more 'Upmarket' local salons minister to them. This was mainly an 'Educational' exercise, as I wanted to watch their techniques and see if I could pick up any <quietly observed> tips that might help me improve.

Anyway, I found a new method of cutting my timings down on prep. They didn't do any, unless you count filing over my natural nails to the point where I had to insist the overly enthusiastic tech desist immediately, such was my severely tested pain threshold! I think this activity was designed to remove both shine and cuticle all in the one hit. :irked:

i do my own nails but hate doing my dominate hand righty. i am constantly without or missing nails on that hand. although a tip is that when i was first starting there was a nail tech in tow that i absolutly loved the nials she did and i was having major problems with my smile lines so i went to here got here to do 2 nails on me and i practiced and practiced till i got it right i got some old tips nad stuck them on skewers and did smile lines now they almost perfect it helped me so much. =)

From 6 years doing on my own. My hands are my business card :green:

iv always done my own nails its very relaxing .xx:)

I do my own nails normally - I don't find it particularly relaxing, more of a chore though. Can't spend the money we spend on products and training and then pay someone else to do them! Nothing like being tight to make you ambidextrous (hope that's spelt right).

Last Saturday, Georgie Smedley (EZ Flow International Educator) did mine and they are the most amazing nails I've ever had. Its gonna be hard going back to my usual tech (i.e. me) now I've been so spoilt. It's amazing watching her work and she's really lovely as well. I highly recommend Georgie for her design sculpture training and also the EZ Flow colours and glitters are fab.

She sculpted them with extended nail beds (as mine are very short) using a mixture of EZ Flow Tourmoline and Gold powders and purple colour drops for the free edge with silver mylar inside. They are see through at the tip and EVERYONE is commenting on them.

Jan
x

I tried doing mine with poppits but because my nail beds are quite flat, I found they looked funny, too arched IYKWIM. I have none on at the moment and hate it but am resisting the temptation to pay £40 for a new set and make myself do them but I just know I will hate them :cry: I may try to persuade one of my fellow trainees on our Day 5 next week to do mine in exchange for me doing hers :)

I did mine the other day. doing my writing hand was sooo difficult. It felt so cack handed!!

I do my own because I'm so picky I manage to drive other technicians insane.. haha
Nothing relaxes me more than when sitting at my table doing my nails while watching TV :D

I have someone do mine for me. I Have sculptured and also do scultured. I find doing my left hand is fine, but trying to do my right is a complete waste of time. I also enjoy being pampered thats why I pay someone else.

yeah i do my own nails..as boring as it sometimes is i find its a great advertisement for my work...im happy to wear out there nails with eyecatching nail art, this usually leads to strangers or people serving me to say wow i love your nails where do you get them done and with great pride say i do them and use that as an opportunity to win a new customer.

mind you i have thought if i ever get married and want them done to perfection i would get someone else to do it as a pamer thing and a stress reliever before the wedding...all i have to do now is get my partner to propose.........:green:

I do my own nails normally - I don't find it particularly relaxing, more of a chore though. Can't spend the money we spend on products and training and then pay someone else to do them! Nothing like being tight to make you ambidextrous (hope that's spelt right).

Last Saturday, Georgie Smedley (EZ Flow International Educator) did mine and they are the most amazing nails I've ever had. Its gonna be hard going back to my usual tech (i.e. me) now I've been so spoilt. It's amazing watching her work and she's really lovely as well. I highly recommend Georgie for her design sculpture training and also the EZ Flow colours and glitters are fab.

She sculpted them with extended nail beds (as mine are very short) using a mixture of EZ Flow Tourmoline and Gold powders and purple colour drops for the free edge with silver mylar inside. They are see through at the tip and EVERYONE is commenting on them.

Jan
x

OOhhh Jan I didn't know you were on here! Well it was my pleasure (even though you paid me!) and I am pretty sure you are quite capable yourself!

Georgie. xx

P.s. all praise to Mr Buckley for the Tourmaline and Gold recipe!

I've never done my own but I am going to give them a go. I have popits which i'll try for them but I can just imagine doing my right hand :irked: Especially with the left hand done, trying to pick the tips up...ah well, what we geeks have to do to have lovely nails! :hug:

i hate doing my own nails!!! but find it very hard to relax when someone is doing them for me as i always seem to go into teaching mode and try and direct them. but i have just had my nails done by the best!!! kirsty lund (aka scratchers) did one hand and kirsty evita meakin did my other hand and they are ace!!!!!!!

Jan
x

Wow - sounds gorgeous - any pictures??
xx

Wow - sounds gorgeous - any pictures??
xx

Yep - I obviously don't have the hands of a model though so please ignore the pasty things and concentrate on the beautiful nails!

They are in my albums - don't know how to do a link to it, sorry. ;)

OOhhh Jan I didn't know you were on here! Well it was my pleasure (even though you paid me!) and I am pretty sure you are quite capable yourself!

Georgie. xx

P.s. all praise to Mr Buckley for the Tourmaline and Gold recipe!

It was a great learning experience for me AND I got a gorgeous set of nails as well! Worth every penny.

Saw you in Scratch with Anthony accepting your awards! Congratulations luv :hug:

Seriously, the Tourmaline and Gold looks amazing and its SO easy to work with unlike some I've tried before.

Jan
x

It was a great learning experience for me AND I got a gorgeous set of nails as well! Worth every penny.

Saw you in Scratch with Anthony accepting your awards! Congratulations luv :hug:

Seriously, the Tourmaline and Gold looks amazing and its SO easy to work with unlike some I've tried before.

Jan
x

Thank you!

I have also added some pictures on my website www.georgiesmedley.co.uk
Just click on gallery and you will see the nails I did on myself...some are not very clear pictures but hey...hard to take pics of your own nails too!

xxx

Hi Yes I do my own too, it was down to a bad nail tech I decided to go for training she used to do my nails I was lucky if they lasted a couple of days never once had an infill not even sure if she was trained, but she did have a shop once and needless to say it didn't stay open long, I had them done for a friends wedding and the day after, an hour before the wedding I rung and asked if she could redo the one that fell of she told me she didn't work Saturdays so I did the dreaded superglue no no, so thats why I decided to do training and I love it. :)

Latest posts

Back