Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters

Laydee Danielle

Reaction score
Do you "enhance" your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

Do you enjoy doing your own nails?
If someone else does them for you why is that?

I personally have someone else do them becuase I have sculptered nails and the lady who does mine is fantastic and my nails always look lovely :)

i allways do my own
but would love one day to have some one else do them for me.

*JOANNE* said:
i allways do my own
but would love one day to have some one else do them for me.
any offers gratefully recieved...lol

I usually do my own but saying that last time I had them done Peter pan (glynis) did a brill set of Brisa for me & I loved having someone do them for me xx

I do mine.
But sometimes I would just love to have mine done by a fab nail tech!
*sigh*:lol:

i get so fed up of doing my own. i love doing nails but after you've been doing wm all day, the last thing i want to do is my own nails!!!!

I did my own for the first time on Friday, god it was a challenge!!! 3 hours later & they're ok its so much easier when someone else does them though. I prefer sculpts on me!! How long does it take everyone else. Did a thread on this the other day for good tips on doing nails on yourself as i think i'll need more practice lol!!

I HATE DOING MINE WITH A PASSION - THEY NEED SCAFFOLDING!

I would never put anyone through the wrath of my nail beds!! Alot of the Cuticles girls and other students have 1-2-1 with me and I give them a full set included in the cost - that way they learn by watching and wearing them....

I always do my own, I have done ever since I started doing nails, appart from twice. Once by fellow geek Jinkx who did some lovely Ruby slippers for a special do I was going to and I wasn't ready to 'expose' my nails to the world then and then fellow geek Sherrie, who give a wonderful holiday service, the one and only time I have had gel enhancements.

Since then I have had to do them myself otherwise I would feel 'guilty' if someone asked where did I have my nails done and hadnt done them myself.

I do however fancy booking some one2one with Mandini ... sounds like a wonderful experience having one2one and getting a set of kickass enhancements into the bargain... wish I was nearer... lol!!!

i hate doing mine but to tight to pay someone else to do them

I have done my own up to now, but went to see Minkus (Amber) yesterday, she showed me a gorgeous nails she did on me and was so pleased, Im going to have my done with good old Amb..just be lovely to be pampered before my hols...xx

I have been doing my own since I started doing nails (about 15 months ago) and have got so used to doing my own that I have sometimes found it easier to do mine than someone elses! Does this make me a total freak!!? I think it's probabily cos I have more experience doing mine then other peoples though as don't practice on real people all that much as only just finishing my EN course now so no insurance as such, only do friends and family that won't sue! lol....My right hand still looks dodgy though, can never master those smiles with my left hand.

i wish i lived nearner to you Mandini cause i would love to have a 1 2 1 with you and even better having a full set done by you too.

I do do my own but that is one thing I really hate - one day I will have someone do them for me! Would love to have a bit of pampering for myself for a change!!!! xx

Mandini said:
I HATE DOING MINE WITH A PASSION - THEY NEED SCAFFOLDING!

I would never put anyone through the wrath of my nail beds!! Alot of the Cuticles girls and other students have 1-2-1 with me and I give them a full set included in the cost - that way they learn by watching and wearing them....

Oh - and now I definitely need a 1-2-1 with you!!!! x

i've always done my own nails. i've been doing them for almost 18 years.
a woman i worked with years ago,asked if she could do my nails once. i finally let her polish them. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! it was the most uncomfortabe thing in the world. i was one of those stiff hand customers!!

i find it to be a very relaxing thing to do my own nails. i do nail art on them too. it makes me happy!!

www.mynailsrock.com

I have pretty much ALWAYS done my own nails, since I was 16 (shhhhh, now going on 35). I think the last time someone else did my nails was 14years ago and she did a DREADFUL job.. there was lift in a matter of days (she did gel-resins).

I dont trust other people to do my nails anymore than I trust them to do my hair. Read that to mean - NO TRUST AT ALL haha

I think doing my own nails is my best advertising.. even if my 'rightie' doesn't always look perfect, people/clients are always like 'wow, you even managed to get your right hand to look great' and they don't notice the flaws. They're just impressed that I did my own.

Also, if you can do your own nails, you can do ANYONE'S :green:

That's three of you from Yorkshire! Might be worth a trip for me up there?

I always do my own - but I hate doing them. It takes me so much longer than a client.

Would mind Amanda doing mine too - fancy a trip to Wales??:lol:

Doesn't it take ages - it's such a chore and I hate filing them too - because you scujlpt your bad hand so horrendously - you end up with dinosaur hooves - now where's that 100 grit!

Claire: Andrea Sanderson is not far from you - Creative Academy x

Latest posts

Back