Nails Inc products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe D

Reaction score
Does anyone use Nails Inc? I have tried to speak to someone at the head office about a trade account but they have not got back to me. I know I can order them through Beauty Express - is there anywhere else I can get Nails Inc products at trade prices?

Chloe x

It would seem after another week of trying to get hold of a good range of these products that Beauty Express is the only trade supplier.

Does anyone else use Nails Inc polishes on their clients? I have searched the forums for any chat about this brand and no one seems to use it. I know the products are good as I have bought them for myself in the past. They retail at around £10 but you can buy them for about £x.xx at trade prices.

It is just making me think that if there are no nail techs on here that use them/retail them, there must be a reason. Could anyone help me out please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally wouldn't use them or retail them. Not because they're not good polishes, they are. However I think you will have difficulty retailing them when they can buy them direct from the nails inc counters and sometimes get special offers on them which you might struggle to keep up with.

Most therapists tend to want to get a brand in that places like boots and other big retailers dont sell so you know that if you paint a clients nails and she loves the colour she HAS to come back to you to get it

Not sure what everyone else thinks but thats my view on it

I have been thinking this through and I am pretty sure that in the area I plan to open my nail bar in that those women want to buy into brands that they know. Boots sell this brand on line but I have never seen it in store, Harvey Nichols sell it and they never have any special offers as they don't have to.

I have read other posts about nail techs struggling to sell some brands of polish as their clients don't really know about them, although they are premium professional products. This may be down to selling skills, or maybe because people often like to buy brands they know or have heard of or seen in magazines. Nails Inc claim they get over 20 mentions a month in glossies and newspapers. Before I trained in nails I would rather have spent a tenner on a nails inc polish that I had heard of than say Jessica that I hadn't.

What do you think?

I trained as a manicurist / nail tech with CND back in 2005. For five years I used CND but was disappointed when they changed their entire colour range back in 2009.
I opened up a trade account with nailsinctrade.com last year and although thei customer services are sometimes a bit slow (!) I've been happy with the colours.
Since then, I have found that clients are purchasing colours and top and base coats from me, much more than they did with CND. They know the brand, it seems highly respected amongst clients and it has a visible high street presence - one of the things about Creative was I had to try to win them over from their current high street brand, and never did as much retail as I did actual manis / pedis. Although Creative's solar oil used to be really popular.

I haven't had any issues with their brushes or varnish chipping - the only thing is they have a very small range of handcreams / extras and, unlike Creative, no tiny, 5ml bottles of top coats or handcreams that you can give clients as a little gift to encourage loyalty etc. But the enamels I retail slightly under high street price to provide an incentive and the colour range is proving really popular too. :smack: Hope that helps!

Personally, I would not use Nails Inc in the salon. I hate the shape of the bottle handle and find it really difficult hold and to paint nails professionally with it. The fact that Nails Inc polish seems to be given away free quite often in magazines really turns me off too. I think it cheapens the brand. JMO.

I sell and use OPI polish. I personally think this gives you the best of all worlds. Clients have heard of it because of the amount of ordinary press coverage. Not only fashion type coverage, but OPI themselves advertise in fashion and women's magazines. As nail techs we have all heard of the main manufacturers but our clients rarely have. Very few of the large manufacturers advertise in places where our clients will see and get to know them, at least in the UK anyway.

Yes some of the big retailers like Selfridges, Harrods & John Lewis sell OPI, but they are all high end stores who clients associate with quality and they tend not to do promotions or offers. This allows someone like me to knock a few pence off a bottle and beat them on price! The fact that these quality stores choose to stock the brand helps me sell more really.

Hi, where do you buy your OPI at Trade prices? Do you use Lena White? I contacted them about a trade account, but they didn't get back to me.

How much are you paying per bottle? And what kind of minimum order quantities do you have to order?

Sorry for spamming you with so many questions.

Personally, I would not use Nails Inc in the salon. I hate the shape of the bottle handle and find it really difficult hold and to paint nails professionally with it. The fact that Nails Inc polish seems to be given away free quite often in magazines really turns me off too. I think it cheapens the brand. JMO.

I sell and use OPI polish. I personally think this gives you the best of all worlds. Clients have heard of it because of the amount of ordinary press coverage. Not only fashion type coverage, but OPI themselves advertise in fashion and women's magazines. As nail techs we have all heard of the main manufacturers but our clients rarely have. Very few of the large manufacturers advertise in places where our clients will see and get to know them, at least in the UK anyway.

Yes some of the big retailers like Selfridges, Harrods & John Lewis sell OPI, but they are all high end stores who clients associate with quality and they tend not to do promotions or offers. This allows someone like me to knock a few pence off a bottle and beat them on price! The fact that these quality stores choose to stock the brand helps me sell more really.

You should ring Lena White again, they are usually very good. Their minimum order is £50 (I think). If you have a trade card for Sally's Hair and Beauty you can buy OPI from them at the same price as Lena White. I will PM you with trade prices.

Latest posts

Back