Nails not growing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I have a client who's had enhancements for approximate 3 years, finally got her onto shellac only to find her nails aren't growing.
I'm really stumped by this, her thumbs and little fingers are showing some growth but the rest there is no growth whatsoever. Can anyone suggest any reasons why the sudden halt in nail growth? she uses solar oil twice a day.

usually if it's systemic, all the nails will be affected. I personally barely have any growth on my one hand, but thats because I shattered my bones in it a few years back.

ask her to keep track of all her acticities for a week and then share them. if nothing else, always refer to a physician.

How long has she been wearing Shellac?

If it is just a week or two then you may find that when you applied the Shellac you went slightly nearer the cuticle on the fingers which dont appear to be growing. I hope that makes sense LOL.

LUCKY her!! Mine grow so fast I can see it in a week and two is almost my limit. I find afte 18 days I just have to wrap off and start again. She wil probably do well for 3 weeks.

What age is the client? Not everyone's nails grow like weeds ... and Shellac is not a growth accelerator!

She's in her 60,s, she's very heavy handed and always cleaning, without gloves I guess. She's wanting to have enhancements put back on so she can have a bit length. Her thumbs and little fingers are great, just the others

She's in her 60,s, she's very heavy handed and always cleaning, without gloves I guess. She's wanting to have enhancements put back on so she can have a bit length. Her thumbs and little fingers are great, just the others

She wants her enhancements back on because she wants to be able to do a load of things that her natural nails won't cope with :biggrin:

It's logical ... Enhancements are so strong ... Everyone who wears them gets used to doing things with their nails that simply no one can do with natural nails. Once these people have enhancements removed they carry on doing the same things as if their natural nails will stand up to the same kind of abuse and of course they Won't! This precisely why I never offer Shellac as a service to my enhancement clients. Precisely why we have dozens of completely NEW clients who love their natural nails and adore Shellac.

Give her the enhancements if that is what she wants. It certainly shouldn't worry you to enhance her nails should it?

Latest posts

Back