Natural Nail Care & Product Chemistry Class

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kffbass

Reaction score
I just wanted to share about an awesome class I took this last weekend at the Vancouver, BC, Canada ESI show. It was about Natural Nail Care and the physical makeup of the nail. I know, kinda nerdy science like, but really interesting and helpful.

The class was instructed by Doug Schoon from CND, California. Doug has written a book (part of his class was based on this) called Nail Structure and Product Chemistry. Half of his class was shown in 3-D and brought you inside the nail plate itself! He explained a little product science and lots of nail makeup.

If you ever get the chance to see this nail scientist in person; DO SO. This by far was one of the most interesting and helpful seminars I have been to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug always makes the 'science bit' easy and ...

If we are going to call ourselves nail professionals then we'd better know as much about the natural nail and the science behind the products as possible.

I know your comment was in fun so don't for a minute think I am referring to you as non professional but ...

Anyone who is a true professional, wouldn't really think of a class like this as nerdy any more than a doctor would think learning physiology was nerdy. We would never go to a doctor who thought that human physiology was unimportant in his/her profession!!

Come to that, how many of us would entrust our hair in the hands of a hair technician who did not understand the science behind how her colour worked?? We all take it for granted that they know their business.

It does amaze me completely that many so called nail technicians think that nail structure and product chemistry is not of any interest to them or worse, unimportant.. :eek:

Anyone who has the opportunity should go and listen to Doug's presentations ... he's kind of cute too for a nerdy chemist!!

I just wanted to share about an awesome class I took this last weekend at the Vancouver, BC, Canada ESI show. It was about Natural Nail Care and the physical makeup of the nail. I know, kinda nerdy science like, but really interesting and helpful.

The class was instructed by Doug Schoon from CND, California. Doug has written a book (part of his class was based on this) called Nail Structure and Product Chemistry. Half of his class was shown in 3-D and brought you inside the nail plate itself! He explained a little product science and lots of nail makeup.

If you ever get the chance to see this nail scientist in person; DO SO. This by far was one of the most interesting and helpful seminars I have been to.
Do a search on Doug Schoon or Nail Structure and Product Chemistry.
You soon see people here won't think you're nerdy at all. I did the CND Roadshow & he was at that. Awesome. I read nearly the whole book on the train ride home.

I'm soo jealous !!!
I would love to attend one of Doug Shoons seminars, I missed the roadshows he did in the UK a few years back .. would be great if he came back again xx HINT HINT xx

There's nothing like sitting in the sun reading Dougs Book, sipping on kahlua and milk, bliss. I was lucky enough to have met him a couple of years ago, he also graciously signed my copy.

Latest posts

Back