Natural nail products training advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure444

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post ever on here so please be gentle. I have however been viewing the forum for a while as a guest. I'm trained in manicure and gel polish. However I am also studying holistic therapy as i'm interested in keeping treatments as natural as possible. I was unhappy at using certain gel polishes that required buffing the natural nail so have switched to shellac and have not looked back.. its amazing!! I am however interested in seeing if there are any enhancements I could train in similar to shellac that would not involve any damage to the natural nail. If so what are they, where can I get training and if so what are the pre requisites to the courses.. e. do I need to be already trained in enhancements and do a conversion course. Thanks in advance. xxx

You should look into Brisa Lite. They're by CND, same as Shellac, and also involve no buffing of the natural nail. The sculpting gel can be used to create enhancements, and the smoothing gel would be a great addition to your shellac treatment for those who have thin nails and need a bit of strength. Both of them remove just like shellac as well (with a bit more time of course). You should look into doing their brisa lite class just so you know how to use the products and understand them better. I think the fingertips centre is the place to call for training in Glasgow. http://www.thecentrescotland.com/

Last edited:
hi That was my priority when we opened a nail salon- Take care of the natural nails.- So I help my clients to keep nice and healthy nails- with there help of course (regular appointments, care taking of nails, cuticle oil itp) Non of enhancements should harm a natural nails if they done properly and they are respect by person wearing this nail enhancements. Often people pick they nails off or go to chip nail bars and get they nails badly damage. But there is no thing like a gel or acrylic nails with out of prep in the market. I think it is important to prepare them for enhancements- (it is kind of cleaning the nails so they ready for product) imagine dirty nails after spray tan- you have to buff them even if they would be a product which don't need that. Or nails full of germs and then acrylic going on top of them :). I learn that I have to mention- educate my clients about there nails they happy to receive this knowledge. xx

Great advice from Chickafish! CND's Brisa Lite Removable Gels would be the PERFECT addition to your service menu, and require NO surface shine removal from the natural nail.As a qualified manicurist, the classes you would need to look at initially are:* CND Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel (3 hours) - to learn Smoothing Gel
* CND Brisa Lite Build It! (Full Day) - to learn Sculpting Gel and gel sculpting techniques

I hope that helps? Enjoy! x

There's also the brisa lite removable gels class which is 6 hours and covers both sculpting and smoothing gels. :)

Thanks guys..great advice.. I'll give sweetsquared a call on Monday and see what classes in brisa I can get in Glasgow. Really looking forward to building my portfolio. xxx:p

Latest posts

Back