natural nail seperation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
had my nails done yesterday and i have got natural nail seperation on a few of my nails - could someone please tell me why this is happening

A few things in combination are usually the culprit in this situation.

Thin nails plus too wet a mix ratio causing excess shrinkage of the product when polymerizing, causes the thin nail plate to be 'de-railed' and to part from the nailbed.

The real fault lies in the nails being thinned or in poor condition in the first place.

It will grow out but the technician should look after those nails more carefully in future. Use SolarOil both on and under the nail while the damage is growing out.

geeg said:
thin nail plate to be 'de-railed' and to part from the nailbed.

The real fault lies in the nails being thinned or in poor condition in the first place.

hi geeg , sorry i dont think ive worded my post right. what i meant was that my nails are separating from the tips that were applied

So in other words, the tips that are glued on are not sticking to YOUR natural nails? Just to make sure I am clear on this.

geeg said:
So in other words, the tips that are glued on are not sticking to YOUR natural nails? Just to make sure I am clear on this.
thats right geeg - they seemed to be ok when they were first done (friday nite) but i noticed yesterday that a few of my own nails are coming away from the tips

It could be that too much adhesive was used to adhere the tips. The less adhesive the better --- or maybe the adhesive has gone off?? It can you know.

It is hard to say with out knowing all the whys and wherefores, but too much adhesive is usually the problem if this happens.

Peter Pan said:
thats right geeg - they seemed to be ok when they were first done (friday nite) but i noticed yesterday that a few of my own nails are coming away from the tips
I've had this with some of the nails that I do, but not all, so I'm a bit confused! With mine, they seem to come away at one side only. Do you think that my adhesive may be uneven then? I also got this with a natural overlay though. Maybe I'm not removing the shine near the edge?

Latest posts

Back