Natural nail treatments can be just as rewarding...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickle

Reaction score
When I realised that I would no longer be doing enhancements at my salon (for reason beyond my control regarding smell of product) I thought I would be left feeling dissatisfied with doing Manicures and Pedicures only; as I always thrived on the artistic side of creating a beautiful set of enhancements.

But I have to say now I am doing it all the time I love it! You still get the wows and genuine look of shock at the transformation you have made - even in a 30 min manicure, which for me makes the job all the worth while. Okay its not always a radical transformation (pun intended :wink2: ) but its enough to get them hooked and coming back for more.

I guess what I am trying to say is I didn't realise I could get the same amount of job satisfaction from doing purely natural nails until I tried it, and I have to say I'm glad I did as it has also turned out to be far more profitable! :)

Mind you, admittedly I still occasionally pine about doing a set of permanent french enhancements, and will be seriously considering using a gel system, once I've seen them in action at excel this weekend...

Natural nail treatment are just as rewarding as enhancements ok may not be instant results but when over time you get their natural nails looking fab you still get that feeling of acheiving something great.

why not get low odour, or better still... odourless

why not get low odour, or better still... odourless
Can you recommend one that is comparible with the CND Retention+ L&P system in terms of drying time and clarity of finish?

i know CND dont do one, neither NSI and even the lower end market products as star nails and claws dont do one. I get mine imported from nailite inc. I know that i aint supposed to mix products. Its a definite no no. But if you get the desired effect, and your clientS WANT odorless... Then it seems the only option.

Nails are still being produced the same.... Dont see why not
Iv had lots of friends say they go to salons rather than mobilers because of the smell!

Lisa x

i think someone has pointed this out before - that they cudnt rent part of a shop due to odours... pretty bad imo Id rather mix products and bring what clients want. I used my regular normal acyrlic tonite and my family made a point of openin all the windows an doors to the house and moaning sooo much about the smell. If i cant do it in my own home with MY family. imagine how the client feels when Iv gon and they have a stench!!

LJ x

i know CND dont do one, neither NSI and even the lower end market products as star nails and claws dont do one. I get mine imported from nailite inc. I know that i aint supposed to mix products. Its a definite no no. But if you get the desired effect, and your clientS WANT odorless... Then it seems the only option.

Nails are still being produced the same.... Dont see why not
Iv had lots of friends say they go to salons rather than mobilers because of the smell!

Lisa x

i think someone has pointed this out before - that they cudnt rent part of a shop due to odours... pretty bad imo Id rather mix products and bring what clients want. I used my regular normal acyrlic tonite and my family made a point of openin all the windows an doors to the house and moaning sooo much about the smell. If i cant do it in my own home with MY family. imagine how the client feels when Iv gon and they have a stench!!

LJ x

Right, forgive me while I go off on one a bit here.......

Firstly, according to your profile you aren't yet qualified. IMO, you have no place advising people on what products to use.

Second, mixing products leads to all sorts of problems - service breakdown, under curing and potential over exposure. The thing with over exposure is you don't realise that it's happening until it's too late and if you cause an over exposure reaction that clients can never wear enhancements again.

Third, L+P doesn't cause a 'stench' as you so politely put it. Working smart and sensibly means you can easily contain vapours and still use the system of your choice. If you want to be mobile when you qualify you better learn this sharpish!

Fourth, odourless L+P is the highest point on the sensitivity ladder so can casue more problems than it solves.

Finally, please refrain from giving advice unless you have the knowledge to do so.

I have to agree with Vetty, what she said is very true.
I'd suggest you get hold of a couple of books and fully absorb the info contained before you give advise. It's good to try, but I'm afraid you were just assuming (and you know what's said about that!) and not giving the correct info.
Try reading: Nail structure & product chemistry by Doug Schoon (The guy is a science god, what would I give for my son to get work experience with him?:green:) ans Nailclass by Gigi Rouse (our very own Geeg, and a nail god in her own right.)

Latest posts

Back