Need a website, havent a clue where to start

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the best start.

Apologies if I've offended anyone, especially yourself Ruth - or seemed arrogant.

Not the best start.

Apologies if I've offended anyone, especially yourself Ruth - or seemed arrogant.

Thank you Neil - apology accepted :)

With regards to web standards etc, I always strive to work towards producing valid XHTML and CSS (and often test my websites using the online W3C validator).

Although I'd consider myself more of an all-round developer as opposed to specifically just a web designer; I've worked for the last decade primarily with Java web application development, and am quite happy to concede that there will be people who are better than me on the graphic design side of things (which is why I am happy to collaborate with Carl (Extensionize) for example).

Given the amount of time, money and ag I have had getting my bloody webshop built, I wish I had asked Ruth to do it!

I seem to find exceptionally slow, lazy and expensive IT help!

Maybe it is just me expecting too much, too quick!

Given the amount of time, money and ag I have had getting my bloody webshop built, I wish I had asked Ruth to do it!

I seem to find exceptionally slow, lazy and expensive IT help!

Maybe it is just me expecting too much, too quick!

From what you said before, you did have some quite specific requirements though didn't you?

Does your IT guy have a lot of other projects on the go too? As that is often the cause for delays in the IT world...

No, he is just lazy!

Yes I have a big spec. But he knew that at the start.

My expectations are that he works as hard and as quickly as me.

I have sorted stock, packaging, premesis, product expertise and furnished a room.

He just had to connect up the computer and build a site.

Said he had a bad back Monday. Not sure how that stops you typing though!

No, he is just lazy!

Yes I have a big spec. But he knew that at the start.

My expectations are that he works as hard and as quickly as me.

I have sorted stock, packaging, premesis, product expertise and furnished a room.

He just had to connect up the computer and build a site.

Said he had a bad back Monday. Not sure how that stops you typing though!

I suppose he quoted you a sufficiently large sum for the work then? Did you pay him up front too?

no I didn't. Persianista here!

I put him on profit share once the site is running. He could potentially earn a fortune, once it is earning me money.

So it is his interest to get it done, working and earning. It's also whyI'm struggling with the laziness.

mr site is great as you can alter it whenever you want without any extra cost (so add promotions,new prices,new services add updates like news about products etc)
they have a beginners version for about £15 for 5 pages,a standard for £30 for 50 pages and a pro for £90(but pro is really for a retail shop i would say)
play.com offer them alot cheaper too (sometimes half price) and after the year its just the same cost broken down to monthly payments.
take a look at the example websites on
www.mrsite.com

Latest posts

Back