Need advice as I’m getting no clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.mrsm

Reaction score
I just need a little help to see where I might be going wrong. I have a Facebook page, Instagram and website which is in google. I offer luxury mani/pedi, gel nails and callus peels. I was really careful with my pricing so I’m not too cheap but not too expensive for my area. I’m just slightly cheaper than my competition. For example I charge £25 for a set of gel polish. Most techs in my area charge £25-£30. But I’m getting no clients at all. I’ve tried promotions with discounts, boosting Facebook posts, selling sites and people are recommending me, sharing my page, but I have not had one person ring me for an appointment. Apart from doing friends nails I have no one else interested. Am I charging too much? I add in nice little extras likely luxury hand cream and cuticle oil, just not sure where I’m going wrong? Any help would be appreciated x

Aw sweetheart you must be really frustrated!
Now I really don't think your pricing is bad at all I charge the same in my salon.

What's your set up? Salon /cabin/renting a room? X

I just need a little help to see where I might be going wrong. I have a Facebook page, Instagram and website which is in google. I offer luxury mani/pedi, gel nails and callus peels. I was really careful with my pricing so I’m not too cheap but not too expensive for my area. I’m just slightly cheaper than my competition. For example I charge £25 for a set of gel polish. Most techs in my area charge £25-£30. But I’m getting no clients at all. I’ve tried promotions with discounts, boosting Facebook posts, selling sites and people are recommending me, sharing my page, but I have not had one person ring me for an appointment. Apart from doing friends nails I have no one else interested. Am I charging too much? I add in nice little extras likely luxury hand cream and cuticle oil, just not sure where I’m going wrong? Any help would be appreciated x

How long have you been in business?
Some people are quiet at the moment, end of spring early Summer is normally a pretty busy time for most techs when it will really pick up x

Aw sweetheart you must be really frustrated!
Now I really don't think your pricing is bad at all I charge the same in my salon.

What's your set up? Salon /cabin/renting a room? X
I’m mobile, so I’ve tried to push the ‘comfort of your own home’ thing. It’s really frustrating, I’ve had a few enquiries from people who know me but no ones actually bothered booking. I think sometimes if they know you they expect heavy discounts and freebies, but my good friends always pay me. I’ve got so many lovely products I just wanna use them! Lol x

How long have you been in business?
Some people are quiet at the moment, end of spring early Summer is normally a pretty busy time for most techs when it will really pick up x
Not long, only a couple of months before that I just did my friends and sisters. I thought I might get a client a week when I started but I’m getting no one at the moment x

Not long, only a couple of months before that I just did my friends and sisters. I thought I might get a client a week when I started but I’m getting no one at the moment x
Ahhh that's no time!

Honestly its pretty quiet at the moment for us too (Easter and August are our least busy times)

Have you run a competion? Try doing something such as" tag a bride this year and you could win a pedi in time for the big day"

Like and share always attract social traffic and really work!

Pictures .....lots of (even if it's your toes 10000 times it looks like clients ) ...try different backgrounds though us women notice the small detail

Also have you tried pamper parties for little girls? This works great for mobile. Just make sure you have your CRB check xc

Ahhh that's no time!

Honestly its pretty quiet at the moment for us too (Easter and August are our least busy times)

Have you run a competion? Try doing something such as" tag a bride this year and you could win a pedi in time for the big day"

Like and share always attract social traffic and really work!

Pictures .....lots of (even if it's your toes 10000 times it looks like clients ) ...try different backgrounds though us women notice the small detail

Also have you tried pamper parties for little girls? This works great for mobile. Just make sure you have your CRB check xc
Oh really I thought that would be the busy months lol. No I haven’t run a competition yet, that’s a good idea. I will try and get more likes and shares on my Facebook page. Thanks for your ideas they are really helpful, have been feeling very lost x

Keep your social media pages active. Even if you are adding pictures of designs you have done on colour pops or advertising any new products you have ordered. Send a newsletter out to people using mailchimp or something similar. Don't give up. It can be very frustrating. When I was mobile signage on my car got me a lot if business. People used to stop me when I was at the petrol station or even at the supermarket x

Oh really I thought that would be the busy months lol. No I haven’t run a competition yet, that’s a good idea. I will try and get more likes and shares on my Facebook page. Thanks for your ideas they are really helpful, have been feeling very lost x

Please don't ....we all have these days! That's why we are here. We vent and just get some reassurance that we aren't going crackers!
(Especially when you get a horrible client)

For a comp, I would offer a free treatment even for two people. If you look at the cost for you £50 (for pedi ) and that clients comes to you over the course of a year even 3 more times you have made 150!
They don't always work & sometimes you will just get someone who wants freebie.

What other services do you offer?

Just wanted to wish you luck as I know it must be disheartening. Keep plodding in and you’ve been offered some great tips! X

Are you posting something every day on your social media? Photos of your nail art on pops, before and after pictures on clients (if you don't have anyone at all, you could get someone in for a free set or charge them only for products, then at least you will have something to show). For the photos, check out some different poses online, to best showcase the nails. And post letting people know some times and days you are available might encourage people to make contact. People won't take notice unless you are active. It's how I get customers anyway, I'm 3 months in. Good luck :)

How about trying the old fashioned way with a bit of leg work :):):). Get some flyers printed and literally go walking, sticking a flyer in as many houses as you can . Ask shops such as boutiques , florists and hairdressers if you can leave flyers there too . It takes time and 2 months is not time at all . You cannot rely on social media alone to get your name out there

Also make sure that YOUR nails are the perfect advert for you at all times . make sure you have some cards in your bag at all times so if anyone comments on your nails ( as they often do on mine ) then go into sales pitch and give them a card ;-)

Keep your social media pages active. Even if you are adding pictures of designs you have done on colour pops or advertising any new products you have ordered. Send a newsletter out to people using mailchimp or something similar. Don't give up. It can be very frustrating. When I was mobile signage on my car got me a lot if business. People used to stop me when I was at the petrol station or even at the supermarket x
Thank you, car signage is a good idea. I’m trying to post a few photos each week xx

Please don't ....we all have these days! That's why we are here. We vent and just get some reassurance that we aren't going crackers!
(Especially when you get a horrible client)

For a comp, I would offer a free treatment even for two people. If you look at the cost for you £50 (for pedi ) and that clients comes to you over the course of a year even 3 more times you have made 150!
They don't always work & sometimes you will just get someone who wants freebie.

What other services do you offer?
I do luxury mani, luxury pedi, gel hands and toes, callous peels. I’m definitely going to run a comp. just put another promotion up and boosted it on fb so fingers crossed x

I do luxury mani, luxury pedi, gel hands and toes, callous peels. I’m definitely going to run a comp. just put another promotion up and boosted it on fb so fingers crossed x
Good luck xx

How about trying the old fashioned way with a bit of leg work :):):). Get some flyers printed and literally go walking, sticking a flyer in as many houses as you can . Ask shops such as boutiques , florists and hairdressers if you can leave flyers there too . It takes time and 2 months is not time at all . You cannot rely on social media alone to get your name out there

Also make sure that YOUR nails are the perfect advert for you at all times . make sure you have some cards in your bag at all times so if anyone comments on your nails ( as they often do on mine ) then go into sales pitch and give them a card ;-)
Yeah good idea, I work for the emergency services as my main job so having amazing nails on me is very hard lol.. and so dissapointinfgI can’t go to town on my own!!

Maybe try 'refer a friend, 20% off your treatment'? X

I tried doing mobile treatments and was promoting myself just like you are. I now work in a salon and starting to climb the ladder. I asked a few clients if they would get their treatments done from a Mobile/at Home Therapist and they all said no for the same reason - “you don’t know a persons hygiene eg if they change towels or sterilise equipment whereas in a salon you know they have to stick to regulations” some have said “it would an invasion of my Home privacy if someone came to my house”

It’s a really hard industry to start alone without a clientele! X

Latest posts

Back