Need help!! Possibility of renting table...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
My mum has phoned me to tell me that where she gets her hair cut they have just lost their nail tech and may be looking for another one.
What my mum has been told is that the nail tech only worked one day a week (by choice) and had quite a good client base and lots of people wanting their nails done but because she never stuck to the same day a week clients didn't know when they could book in, so started to lose interest.
....So this leads me to believe that she was renting the table otherwise she wouldn't be able to choose her day.

It also got me thinking that it was a possibility for me because I could commit to 2 days and maybe more if the clients wanted more in the future.

I have phoned the lady literally moments ago and told her that I had spoken to one of her clients and they had mentioned the possibility of renting a table, she said there was.
She asked if I had an exsisting client base to which I was honest and told her no that I qualified last September and was in the process of setting up at home but thought that this may be more beneficial to me.

She was cashing up to go home for the night so she has taken my number and said she will call tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I should be asking or whether I should be telling her that my sets aren't top notch salon sets yet. I have no confidence in myself but taking this leap would push me in to it and improving on my sets.
I think she needs to know that my nails aren't fantastic and my timinngs but how do you say all that without putting her off?:rolleyes:

Help geeks please I'm panicking about this phone call now.
Hubbie said why do you do it to yourself if you're going to put yourself down??:smack:

Thanks guys xx

My mum has phoned me to tell me that where she gets her hair cut they have just lost their nail tech and may be looking for another one.
What my mum has been told is that the nail tech only worked one day a week (by choice) and had quite a good client base and lots of people wanting their nails done but because she never stuck to the same day a week clients didn't know when they could book in, so started to lose interest.
....So this leads me to believe that she was renting the table otherwise she wouldn't be able to choose her day.

It also got me thinking that it was a possibility for me because I could commit to 2 days and maybe more if the clients wanted more in the future.

I have phoned the lady literally moments ago and told her that I had spoken to one of her clients and they had mentioned the possibility of renting a table, she said there was.
She asked if I had an exsisting client base to which I was honest and told her no that I qualified last September and was in the process of setting up at home but thought that this may be more beneficial to me.

She was cashing up to go home for the night so she has taken my number and said she will call tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I should be asking or whether I should be telling her that my sets aren't top notch salon sets yet. I have no confidence in myself but taking this leap would push me in to it and improving on my sets.
I think she needs to know that my nails aren't fantastic and my timinngs but how do you say all that without putting her off?:rolleyes:

Help geeks please I'm panicking about this phone call now.
Hubbie said why do you do it to yourself if you're going to put yourself down??:smack:

Thanks guys xx

Do you know what hun.....i think this is brilliant for you.....the lady worked 1 day yet you could do 2....you passed your nail course so you CAN do this.....

You need practise hun and i think this is perfect for you.....you can still work at home but having 2 days in a salon will give you clients.....your timings will get much better the more practise you do....you go for it.....you just gotta tell yourself you can do it because i know you can xxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you know what hun.....i think this is brilliant for you.....the lady worked 1 day yet you could do 2....you passed your nail course so you CAN do this.....

You need practise hun and i think this is perfect for you.....you can still work at home but having 2 days in a salon will give you clients.....your timings will get much better the more practise you do....you go for it.....you just gotta tell yourself you can do it because i know you can xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you hun "I can do it, I can!":lol:

Thank you hun "I can do it, I can!":lol:

You will regret it huni if you dont do it......i KNOW you can do it.....its just nerves and thats normal ......they will pass once you have done your first one....just think once she has gone your going to get better and better xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well im in a similar position but with only a couple of months behind me, although i have completed plenty of sets of nails and re-balances.

Go for it, what have you got to lose?

You need the experience, they need a nail tech ..........

Life is too short.

Good luck x

Thanks guys:hug:
What sort of questions should I be asking?

Now that i dont know but i DO know someone else will !!!!!!!!!!! ....all the best to you huni xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rent or commision, do u get any free weeks/days to start off with.
Products, do you provide, storage for your products.
How many days could you work.
Reception, is it provided for you.
Clients, will you have access to existing clients.
Insurance.

Im sure there are plenty more but they are the ones that spring to my mind.

Latest posts

Back