Need helpful advice about which tan machine to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shar4711

Reaction score
hi guys can ye recommend a gd hvlp tanning machine?i was interested in the shadez one but a guy put me right abut that one so im back to square one . i wil be tanning from home as im a beautician and will be doing beauty treatments also. and maybe going mobile doing tans as no one in my area is dng mobile tanning .anyone tried the hvlp5008 machine from la tanning? thanks guys

Hey,

The tanning machines from Tantrick are all very good machines, and the most popular ones. I personally ordered the HV5008 myself, but I got the TanPro850 and I wouldn't change it right now.

I found the most popular tanning machine is the Minimist T200, you can buy it here for only £*** which is good even if your budget isn't very high: tantrick spraytan

Dan
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info, when u said yu ordered the hvlp5008 did you actually use it and if so how was it ?its just the la tanning website have fab offer for getting starter kit but i dont wanna go rushing nto t if the machine is not good ?

It realy is a case of budget....most machines available are good.

The HV5008 is a good low budget machine and will serve you well if your budget is low.....if you have a bit more then you also cant really go wrong with the T200.

Good luck :hug:

ok thanks colin. sorry now agan for pickng at your brains but when they say for low volume use how many tans a week would they consider low ? maybe a compressor wuld b better in the long run . i used an iwata compressr years ago doing st tropez tans and they were fab . thats why im so nervous trying out these lvhp machines .

hiya

i trained with sienna on sunday but i bought the kit from La tanning, its the one you get the HVLP 5008 the tent and solution for £*** and i think its fab as a starter i'm hoping to go mobile, since sunday i've done 5 tans on family and they are all really pleased with the results &the colour from la tan has come up really nice, the machine has been really easy to use and its light to carry....when i phoned and spoke to la tanning the girl said they were out of black tents an only had the pink ones in stock an i could have a pink one at no extra cost :lol: i also had a free sample of the new la disco worth £*** an 2 £10 vouchers for my next purchase :lol:

when i did my training we used the T200 an to be honest you can tell the difference in the gun, i was reading so many threads on here an everyone was going on about the gun, (an i was a little confused and nervous when i finally comitted) but the gun on the t200 machine is much better quality i have to be honest but as i'm starting out an not sure how much business i'm gonna get i'm happy with my choice so far an everyone is pleased so it does the job ...good luck with your training and purchase :lol:
x x x x :Love:

thank you so much for that information. the t200 seems t be the one that everyone is talkng about .

thanks for the info, when u said yu ordered the hvlp5008 did you actually use it and if so how was it ?its just the la tanning website have fab offer for getting starter kit but i dont wanna go rushing nto t if the machine is not good ?

Hey,

I ordered the machine, but it was out of stock so I got the TanPro850 as an alternative.

Personally I think your best bet is to go with the T200 as you can't go wrong with that.

ok thanks colin. sorry now agan for pickng at your brains but when they say for low volume use how many tans a week would they consider low ? maybe a compressor wuld b better in the long run . i used an iwata compressr years ago doing st tropez tans and they were fab . thats why im so nervous trying out these lvhp machines .

The HV5008 and or the T200 will cope with spray tan parties without much of a problem...if a large party simply let the machine cool down now and again.

Stick with HVLP machines a much easier to use,less airborne over spray(less need for extraction) and faster on the client than an airbrush.

thanks fr all your help guys. beng on a small budget i ordered the hvlp 5008 today from la tanning . fingers x d now . ye guys have been soooooooo helpful. thank you

Hiya

I actually have a shadez hvlp pig machine and i can honestly say i have no problems with it. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and i have been very happy with it. This is a good machine to use if you have a lot of customers in 1 day, only takes 5-8 minutes to do a full body and long as you get the gun on the right setting it sprays good. Only disadvantages i would say is that it takes a while longer to dry compared to my Iwata Silverjet Airbrush compressor, which i have been using since May and this machine is superb but takes slightly longer to spray someone, advantages of this machine is that it dries instantly and gives a superb finish on the awkward areas. I've heard a lot of geeks bad mouthing the shadez machine and obviously if they have experienced a bad one, then fair enough. I use my shadez pig as an alternative for clients, i have some clients that would prefer the air brush, which i charge slightly more for because of the time and it uses more solution - which they are happy to do. I only paid £*** for the pig, and it was worth every penny. I am currently looking to purchase a hvlp converter gun for the Silverjet. So i will have many options for my customers then!

Hope this helps :confused:

yes i agree i have a shadez pig and i,m very happy with it. :) i,ve had no problems

i had a tanning party on sunday and sprayed 18 ladies with my pig! thats the most i've ever done in one go. got it out again for a regular last night and it was fine.

fabulous little machine. thanks to Rod and the sunshadez peeps! :green:

I have the t200 bought recently and although not used on clients yet just guniea pigs. It is very lightweight and fits nicely in my holdall ... I had a lot of problems with choosing my machine and very happy with my purchase just switch on and away u go... Its worth the wee bit extra x
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks a lot

xxx glad your happy :lol:

i had a tanning party on sunday and sprayed 18 ladies with my pig! thats the most i've ever done in one go. got it out again for a regular last night and it was fine.

fabulous little machine. thanks to Rod and the sunshadez peeps! :green:

i trained with sienna on sunday but i bought the kit from La tanning, its the one you get the HVLP 5008 the tent and solution for £*** and i think its fab as a starter i'm hoping to go mobile, since sunday i've done 5 tans on family and they are all really pleased with the results &the colour from la tan has come up really nice, the machine has been really easy to use and its light to carry..........

when i did my training we used the T200 an to be honest you can tell the difference in the gun.......................but the gun on the t200 machine is much better quality

I think this honestly is comendable and it's ceased by incessant searching of this site looking at opinions on HVLP machines.

The T200 is going to be mine! :lol:

Thanks Cezziebear

Last edited:
ahhh thats a very nice thing to say raindrops, thank you,

i hope your very happy with your gun :lol: cos it is the best :green:

I think this honestly is comendable and it's ceased by incessant searching of this site looking at opinions on HVLP machines.

The T200 is going to be mine! :lol:

Thanks Cezziebear

Hoping you ( and your gun) enjoy sprading the :Love:

Yes I've got to agree with some previous comments.

I've got a little shadez pig too and for the 5 months i've been mobile i've not had a bit of bother. Took me a few practises to get my setting just right with it, but apart from that I can't complain. :)

Latest posts

Back