Need some advice from mobile geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbunny28

Reaction score
Hi guys... I'm feeling really rubbishy. I just got home from doing a couple of treatments on a new client and I don't know if I'm being silly but I just felt really unwelcome in her home and I was trying to be really friendly giving her advice on creating a website etc (who am I to give advice like that lol) but I just felt like she couldn't wait for me to leave. :(

Does anyone else ever get this?

I don't know if it's just because all my other clients have been really happy to see me (bless them they're so sweet) but like I said, felt so unwelcome.

How can I not get this feeling? Or is it normal for some clients? I'm fairly new to this, only been doing it a few months so not got many clients.

I know I did a really good job too so I should be really happy! Help please :(

Sorry for moaning x

I think some clients try using a mobile service but actually prefer being pampered in a salon, it works like this for beauty, hair or nails. Maybe she was just one of those? Try not to worry, if you are confident in the service you provided then try to just leave it there. Thankfully there are all types of clients and some hate going to salons and love having it done at home. There are enough to share!!:Love:

Hmm I think you may be right. She also said she goes to the 'Chinese shops' for file and paint so maybe she didn't like all the extras really even though she booked for a luxury mani :s x

I think be professional and do a good job. You are not trying to be their friend, as they are paying you to do their nails. Thats not to say dont be friendly to them - just do the job in hand. (excuse the pun) :rolleyes:

Dont take it personally, hth

Julie

I find this with a couple of my customers, but I just stay quiet and just speak when they ask me questions, i don't think they want you to go I think they may be a little shy or maybe having an off day! Sometimes it's a blessing to stay quiet for a little while!

Dont take it personally. Everyone is different. Not everyone invites a mobile tech around so they have a chat and what not too. Some hnestly see you just as a service provider like a plumber or electrician and would rather you got on and did it and left.

Just the way people are. When you've been at it a while you get to sense fairly quickly which type of client you have

Yep, some clients like to get you in and out as soon as possible...then there's the one's who make me coffee, get the biscuits out and have a good old chat. Don't let it get to you...you might find she comes round once she get's to know you. X

Latest posts

Back