Need Some advice on nails and renting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly_Nails

Reaction score
Hi All

I need some advice , ok here we go!

Iam quilfield to nvq level 2 in Manicure, Pedicures and Nail Art and Fibreglass Nails. I have also done the Creative Nail Induction course in L&P.

I havent had that much pratice since doing the L&P course.
I have a friend at college (im studing beauty therapy this year) who work as a manager in a well know tanning shop, they have renting out upstairs for nails and beauty 5 nail station and 2 beauty room i think.

Well they are looking for someone to rent 1 station she says it about £25.00 per week which i think is cheap,

Problem is not having enough pratice on L&P Nails,
This is what i thought i could do, Offer Manicures and Pedicures at full price. And what ever the other Nail techs charge a set off nails i would give it half price as im training and get them to sign a client card to state they know i am training.

What do you guy think?

Like i said im only thinking at the moment just getting idea's

thanks

Hi
This is my first post - so here's hoping this all works right!!

I think that £25 week is weeeeeeell cheap!

In our town a place I know charges £40 a day for a table.
I'm at pretty much at the same stage as you - I have my l & p with The Edge and also NVQ manicure/pedicure.

I've been running my own home salon for the last few months - but was thinking of renting a space in town to gain more experience at a more intense level and to get my time down on my l&p.

I would definetely charge the full amounts for mani & pedi's, but be careful your half price on sets are not too cheap.

I would say for around my area, you wouldn't charge less than £25.00 when practising. Esp as they charge around £50 in the salons!!!

Hope this helps a little.

Jenny xx

Think the rental price is really cheap...go for it! Don't say you are TRAINING say you are newly qualified and wanting to gain experience:idea: ...just check with the owners and other techs first re your prices, you don't want to get anyone's back up! Good Luck!

Hi Guys:biggrin:

I haven't been on here for ages although i read the threads all the time i'm looking for help with my nails i recently trained in IBD and did a set about 2 weeks ago but they were terrible firstly the girl didn't have much nail to put the tip onto (advice please)? they were very bumpy at the end aswell i tried to file them but they still looked awful it made me feel very dispondent as the gel nails invariably do i don'y do acrylic yet but want to train to do them ata at a later date

More advice needed too when you do the french finish on IBd when you've filed to finish do you put more bonder on at this stage to put the white builder gel on? then cure it? + then put pink builder gel on do you paint this on the nail or form a bead confused?? then how long do you cure this for? and then do you file it again to smooth it out

Please Help me!!!:sad: will i ever be an expert at these nails i wonder

Any advice appreciated:biggrin:

Kate

Hi Guys:biggrin:

I haven't been on here for ages although i read the threads all the time i'm looking for help with my nails i recently trained in IBD and did a set about 2 weeks ago but they were terrible firstly the girl didn't have much nail to put the tip onto (advice please)? they were very bumpy at the end aswell i tried to file them but they still looked awful it made me feel very dispondent as the gel nails invariably do i don'y do acrylic yet but want to train to do them ata at a later date

More advice needed too when you do the french finish on IBd when you've filed to finish do you put more bonder on at this stage to put the white builder gel on? then cure it? + then put pink builder gel on do you paint this on the nail or form a bead confused?? then how long do you cure this for? and then do you file it again to smooth it out

Please Help me!!!:sad: will i ever be an expert at these nails i wonder

Any advice appreciated:biggrin:

Kate

Latest posts

Back