Need some advice or organisations who can advise please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie-Liz

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm a mobile hair/beauty therapist and have been offered a self employed opportunity in a new salon, on a percentage of takings basis. I need to supply my own products before opening which is to be confirmed. I don't know what to do, I have my own equipment and some suppliers, where do I go to get some sound advice and a possible start up loan/grant? Help writing a business plan? Would doing a course help me? I know I am taking a risk as I lack knowledge with this side of things, it's been like feeling my through darkness since I went solo. But I am very keen. I just am hoping for direction and I can do the rest.
Thank u in advance very much xx

Thank you so much! I have a million small business books here and reading them is a little confusing. Those websites will be a huge help 😊 much appreciated x

Thank you so much! I have a million small business books here and reading them is a little confusing. Those websites will be a huge help 😊 much appreciated x
Hi Julie, fully understand your plight. As an industry consultant and someone that was once in your shoes, I know that there is a lot to do. I'll be speaking at PB North on the very subject on 20th so if you're in the audience we can have a convo.

Looks like the advice you've been given so far is useful but I know there is so much you'll need to do. My start up workbook isn't ready yet or I would have sent it to you.

Good luck.

You're welcome. If you need a template for your business plan let me know. :)

check with your local council.
mine has an organisation that provides business mentors, start-up work shops, one to one business coaching, work shops etc..all free!

check with your local council.
mine has an organisation that provides business mentors, start-up work shops, one to one business coaching, work shops etc..all free!

I will check with them, thanks for the advice. I only normally talk to my local council when the bins don't get emptied so would never have thought to ask them x

Latest posts

Back