Need some answers on UV Polish Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is meant as a normal top coat that dries in uv light rather than a gel so no dispersion layer just dry x
But as I previously said I found it too be rubbish at drying !!!

Oh, blimey, didn't know that! Well it obviously weren't dry after 2 mins coz the whole lot wiped off! How many mins did you have it under the light for in total? Did you find that it took the polish off when you first applied it??? I have told the nail supplier and he is going to email me the phone number to speak to somebody at Millenium so I'll keep you postedxxxx

I tried it upto 3 mins and still not dry x don't think u should wipe it after xx I just think it's not a hood product xx

Hi Geeks, just updating you on how I got on with the Millenium UV Topcoat over polish. Well, it was a load of old rubbish:eek:. Firstly, I had problems applying the polish (opi) over the top of the thin basecoat of cured s/o gel (cuccio) as the polish was literally being absorbed instantly, and drying instantly too, making it unable to push/pull like applying normal nail polish. Anyway, I perservered and then applied the Millenium topcoat. Well, as soon as the topcoat touched the dried polish, it took off some of the colour, which resulted in it being patchy. I then literally floated the topcoat over the polish and did manage but the result didn't look immaculate. Cured the topcoat for 1 minute as per instructions and when I wiped the dispersion layer, the whole lot of polish came with it! I then decided to cure for another minute to see if that helped but it didn't. So,in the end the whole lot of polish wiped off and my poor daughter ended up with crap nails lol. I removed any last traces and ended up giving her a normal manicure/polish with a LLW topcoat and they have chipped already!. God knows what I'm gonna do with this elderly lady who doesn't want gels but just a polish lasting at least a week (she doesn't want to come back for soaking off). Any ideas geeks??? xxxx

I tried nsi glaze and go over my daughters regular polish once, it cured pretty much ok. Within a few days though it had cracked all over the place. Little hairline cracks. Looked awful!
BUT I'm glad I tried it as now I know :0)

Have you considered using one of the gel/polishes on the Market now ? If she is very adamant she doesn't want to come back for a soak off I'm sure you could help her to remove them herself on this occasion ?

Although some of me clients usually think this is what they will do, but change their minds when they fall in love with their Gelish and book back in soon enough!

I believe it is meant as a normal top coat that dries in uv light rather than a gel so no dispersion layer just dry x
But as I previously said I found it too be rubbish at drying !!!
Hi all, just updating this. I phoned Millenium nails and the lady was (apparently) surprised that the UV Topcoat was not working over nail polish. I explained that upon application it took away some of the colour(OPI) and she said that they use Millenium Nail Polish with it and it works fine and will send me a sample of their nail polish to test it with. I also asked if there is supposed to be an inhibition layer and she said yes, and I told her that when the inhibition layer is wiped the nail polish went with it!. So, I will test this out when the Millenium nail polish arrives, not that it will help me much in the long run with all my OPI nail polishes!. I will let you know how it fares, but in the meantime I am still looking for a UV Topcoat that cures in the lamp, makes polish last a bit longer, and is removed with acetone - not too much to ask surely? hehe xxx

Hi geeks, last and final update here!. Phoned Millenium nails to say I still hadn't received the nail polish sample to test the topcoat with and a different woman was so very rude and said there is no way they would ever send out samples!!. This topcoat is a waste of time and money if you want it to go over nail polish but I have discovered that it works ok over soak off gels but I have yet to soak it off. I will never buy from Millenium again as they were so rude and unhelpful. xxxxx

hiya, beautyexpress.ie have a gel called chroma gel that can be put over ANY polish once completely dry andlasts lke a 3 week mani/pedi :)

Latest posts

Back