Need some Ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancashirelass

Reaction score
I have just managed to get myself a little studio which I will be collecting the keys for first week in August.
I want some ideas on how to furnish and decorate the studio, its not a huge area. My service is hair extensions so I want to create a nice atmosphere, welcoming but not in your face type of decorating and furnishings.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I did mine on a shoestring but everyone whose come in says it looks nicer than the fancy spa down the road! I tried to keep mine streamlined & understated, with plenty of storage so nothing was out in the rooms. My place was small so I went for a neutral sandy coloured wall (matching my Decleor products) & put colour in with accessories, using burnt orange & chocolate towels, chocolate seat coverings with modern looking burnt orange cushions, brown framed mirrors & so forth. To make it feel spacious I used glass shelves, which you can pick up quite cheap if you shop around.

Furniture wise it's a lot cheaper buying from Ikea & it's not only comfortable but homely feeling. I bought towels and so forth from Matalan, and ceramic bowls from kitchen shops. Hope this helps!

Hi
Thanks very much for your response it was nice to hear about other peoples ideas. Mine will be done on a shoestring. I got a few ideas but just to hear others its good.

Hi hun

I have a very small room with a kitchen style unit along one wall, this has white calico curtains along where the cupboard doors should be. I have painted 3 walls in pure white emulsion and one wall (the smallest one with a doorway) mocha brown. I have white voiles over the back door and the entrance to my room and the entrance to my room which comes through a corridor from the hair salon also has a heavier curtain in a coffee colour which I can pull over (there's a door I can close at the other end of the corridor too)

Everything else is really minimalist and uncluttered, store stuff in the kitchen units not on the side and I removed a large shelf on the wall which has given the room a lot more much needed height. I have accented with duckegg blues and a couple of hot pink/fuschia cushions that I can easily change if I want to. I am going to get a long ceiling mounted spotlight unit too so I can get directional light.

Good luck with yours and I hth's. xx

Oh that sounds lovely.
I have got a theme in my mind and I have been to pick some fabric samples today and some colours to go with the white.

I am not sure if you can post pictures on here but I intend to get some before and after pictures done.

Thanks for the input its very much appreciated.

Years ago when I had a studio, I got a futon couch that looked
good during the day but was a comfortable bed at night. I
used a bookcase to make a divider between the futon and
the small table I used for eating or studying. Next to the futon
I had a steamer trunk that my comforter and bedding fit into
during the day, it also held a small TV and odds and ends on
top during the day. I had a desk and small sewing table on
the wall across. I kept my dresser in the closet (the place
had 2 just outside the bathroom, so there was room to hide
it in there. It was a cute place, I really felt comfortable there
but after I got married my landlady thought it was too small
for 2 people, so we found a one bedroom place which worked out even better. Ikea has a lot of cute inexpensive
furnishings, figure out what you need and try a few different
layouts, you will find out what works best for you and the kitties.

Hi, we did it recently on a budget. Lovely turquoise flowery wallpaper on one wall and the rest of the walls are sandy coloured. Original wooden floor was already there so we just varnished it. Accessories are brown. We got some lovely tub chairs from ikea, they werent expensive at all and got some lovely cushions from wilkinsons and then got some posters (relating to products) blown up and they are on the walls along with a couple of shelves with products and the all important price list and certificates. Best of luck !!! xx

Latest posts

Back