Need to cancel two clients, how do I go about it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPB

Reaction score
I fell really bard after Saturday evening, I'm still weak and not feeling on top form, I am mobile and have two clients booked in, one half 11 the other 1 clock, I'm already cheap enough being mobile and didn't really want to knock money off, is there another way I can do it? I wanted to contact them this morning to let me know and see if I can rebook them in, I go back to my part time job Thursday and have clients booked in over the next 3/4 days also, I am hoping ill be better by Thursday to get into work as I hate booking off and never have. Ugh I can't think out of the box right now.

Their appointments are tomorrow

I would just be honest and say you are really sorry but you have hurt yourself after a bad fall and won't be able to make their appointment. I would call them up to tell them and rebook them straight away :) You could offer an add on treatment as a gesture of goodwill if you feel you would loose them as a client otherwise?

Hi sorry you feel unwell - but i would definately phone them - DO NOT txt, this is my biggest pet hate ( even clients who have my personal number txt to cancel and re-arrange their appointments)

are they regular clients?? new clients?? what are they booked in for??

xxxx

I have been throwing up all weekend and feel like poo. I managed to keep my dry toast down last night though. My tummy is really sore and feel a bit run down.. wanted to stay in bed this morning BUT I have a full column today of clients who have booked right through till xmas. I would litterally have to be on my last legs to let them down, "not feeling 100%" isn't really a good enough excuse in my honest opinion x

just me ;)

I have been throwing up all weekend and feel like poo. I managed to keep my dry toast down last night though. My tummy is really sore and feel a bit run down.. wanted to stay in bed this morning BUT I have a full column today of clients who have booked right through till xmas. I would litterally have to be on my last legs to let them down, "not feeling 100%" isn't really a good enough excuse in my honest opinion x

just me ;)

Agreed, unless you physically can't do them I would keep their appointments and crack on its only 2 clients,

You might feel better tomorrow, why cancel today? What treatments are they booked in for? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So the fact I'm drained have no energy to even get dressed, plus I feel sick if I move a lot, plus pressure constantly in the back of my head, isn't a good enough reason to cancel? I hate turning work down, and I'm only asking how I can only cancel tomorrow on two of them, the one was a friend and she was fine, I haven't got through to the other, and I didn't text I phoned, I don't know if said about texting but I wouldn't I phoned them.

So the fact I'm drained have no energy to even get dressed, plus I feel sick if I move a lot, plus pressure constantly in the back of my head, isn't a good enough reason to cancel? I hate turning work down, and I'm only asking how I can only cancel tomorrow on two of them, the one was a friend and she was fine, I haven't got through to the other, and I didn't text I phoned, I don't know if said about texting but I wouldn't I phoned them.

You only stated you were not on top form, if you are feeling so ill you should see your gp

Would not worry about cancelling appts hun, us therapists get cancellations alot with any excuse, your only human and if you feel your not up to it cancel their appointment.

The fact of life is, we all get sick from time to time. If someone is genuinely too I'll to work, its best to rest and rebuild strength. No one wants to cancel a clients appointment, we do not want to let them down, plus its our livelihood. But if someone is vomiting, has diarrhoea etc, it just makes since to cancel/reschedule. There's the chance, of spreading germs to our clients, and not working to the best of our ability. Im sure your clients will be truly understanding, and would be happy to rearrange, if your honest and let them know the situation. I found myself at A&E last week, so things can take an unexpected turn. These acts are not deliberate, we are only human after all. One Love xxx

Reactions: TPB
I have no idea what happened on Saturday evening or why you are still ill today Tuesday, but I do know I would really need to be hospitalised or have a major emergency before I would cancel clients and let them down.

As for how to go about it, well surely that is just common sense....phone them, tell the truth and rearrange if you can. I don't see what other answer there would be to that :confused:

The fact of life is, we all get sick from time to time. If someone is genuinely too I'll to work, its best to rest and rebuild strength. No one wants to cancel a clients appointment, we do not want to let them down, plus its our livelihood. But if someone is vomiting, has diarrhoea etc, it just makes since to cancel/reschedule. There's the chance, of spreading germs to our clients, and not working to the best of our ability. Im sure your clients will be truly understanding, and would be happy to rearrange, if your honest and let them know the situation. I found myself at A&E last week, so things can take an unexpected turn. These acts are not deliberate, we are only human after all. One Love xxx

Yes but some people's work ethics differ, not feeling 100% and being ill is very different,

Some people say they are ill if have a runny nose and some people feel bad calling a dr when they are seriously ill.

Not so long ago I was seriously ill, ct scans lumber punctures, blood patch in theatre twice and still cracked on until I physically couldn't

I'm not being rude, but the ones who rather work if your ill fair enough, your choice, I'm telling you how I personally feel and if I'm not up for it I'm not, end of, I'm only asking how I can compensate these clients?? I don't even want to share with you why I am I'll because I can see many people will just say harsh comments!

I'd knock 10% off to say sorry

I would phone, apologise and rearrange.

I don't offer a discount unless its exceptional circumstances.

Everyone gets ill sometimes, I just wouldn't make a habit of it.

Hope you feel better xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes but some people's work ethics differ, not feeling 100% and being ill is very different,

Some people say they are ill if have a runny nose and some people feel bad calling a dr when they are seriously ill.

Not so long ago I was seriously ill, ct scans lumber punctures, blood patch in theatre twice and still cracked on until I physically couldn't

I agree with you, but like I already mentioned, having a bug that can spread , is not good practice. If your constantly visiting the bathroom, how are you to continue with treating a client? I would not feel comfortable being treated by someone who has a tummy bug. If I get sick, my children get sick, then that's a whole other dilemma.

I was in A&E last week , which I would never do, unless absolutely necessary, ( would rather not go into it) ,luckily I was quiet that day, but had a client booked later that evening. I too cracked on and got on with it, but deep down, and looking back I should have taken the evening off. I did not perform any less however, as my focus was my client and her needs,and she had absolutely no idea what I had been/going through, but if we do not take time out when needed, it could have an impact on our health in the long run.

I would like to say if I was a client and receive treatment from someone who had been throwing up the previous day or had d&v bug, I would be far from happy.
This would just expose me to catching the bug along with my husband and 3 children! Not a good idea!
You should actually leave 72 hours after a d&v bug to have any close contact with people.

If you are unwell then it is not good for you or your clients to do treatments. I always put on my client consultation forms that sickness or diarrhoea within 48hrs means I can't do the treatment. Goes both ways - your clients won't thank you for passing on a bug.... Simply rebook them. I wouldn't discount as you will be doing your usual work/standard when you have recovered....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back