Negative Repping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the way people air their opinions is well??? in their paticular nature, for some they cant help the way they express themselves, i feel sorry for peeps who cant take negative comments either, i personally am not bothered lol ( thicker skin n all that :))
but there is no need for downright nastiness, ive only come across one thread so far that has made me feel sorry for the poster.( but i understood why she had so many bad comments)
what ive read so far EVERYONE is really cool and nice :hug:to all you nice geeks out there:hug: x

a fantastic site x

Some interesting replies and it all looks positive in this thread so that in itself is something good:hug:
Well that's my thought provoking thread for the week done now:lol:

question >> how do you give rep points>?

question >> how do you give rep points>?

On the post under the location, join date etc there is 2 box's the green one is to add to that posters reputation and the orange is to report the post HTH

On the post under the location, join date etc there is 2 box's the green one is to add to that posters reputation and the orange is to report the post HTH

ah i get the idea pips ..if a fellow geek gives you good advice you can click on their box mentioned and give them positive rep points..as a thank you ..am i right.

ah i get the idea pips ..if a fellow geek gives you good advice you can click on their box mentioned and give them positive rep points..as a thank you ..am i right.

Exactly chick, reps are given for a number of reasons, been helpfull, answering questions, replying to a thread, giving advise, starting a good thread etc:green:

thanks for that now i know...:) still after a pair of ur flipflops btw

Last edited:
I haven't been on this forum for very long, but already I feel part of a community. Many have been very welcoming and I have gained a vast amount of advice and support already.

I am on the site every day due to being unwell and not being able to doing much else.

May I ask what do you do when you read a post that you think is totally "out of order", do you report it to the moderators, or do you speak out loud and say what you think? I am asking this because tonight there was a post that I thought, personally, was an insult to all professionals who support this site. X

I haven't been on this forum for very long, but already I feel part of a community. Many have been very welcoming and I have gained a vast amount of advice and support already.

I am on the site every day due to being unwell and not being able to doing much else.

May I ask what do you do when you read a post that you think is totally "out of order", do you report it to the moderators, or do you speak out loud and say what you think? I am asking this because tonight there was a post that I thought, personally, was an insult to all professionals who support this site. X

Your best course of action is to report the post to the moderators by using the red button. If you speak out loud then you will end up in a public flaming situation which we do not like.

Im very new to this site and to the Nail Technician world, Im almost qualified but not quite!!!

Ive found that the good and neg responses Ive read, not on my posts so much because I havent posted much, but those Ive read have REALLY helped me in my techniques and abilities.

I think that those who take the negative comments to heart think they know it all already and that is not the case.

Now I know what the two coloured buttons are for I can use them!!

THANK YOU ALL :hug:

So far as I can remember I only ever negative repped once or twice in over a year, but it was quite satisfying do be able to do that for a nasty post.

Well I seem to be on my own here but actually I wouldn't mind them coming back (I know they're not going to lol). Maybe they were done away with because people neg repped for the wrong reasons. I never got any neg reps because I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say to someone's face and I'm not in the habit of being rude to folk.:green: And no I ain't perfect:lol: just try to be nice:hug:

The problem with the neg rep system was that it was abused.

There were always a number of people that used it because they didn't like the advice/opinions given. Any offensive remark should be reported and dealt with by the mods.

To give the ability to negative rep to people that just don't like constructive critisism can simply put you off posting however 'gentle' you may be.

I have to agree. I fully support neg reps when used appropriately. But when they used simply because someone didn't agree... that in my opinion was 'wrong' (assuming that the topic was one where it was opinions, and not 'facts'). Nobody likes neg reps but they were a tool to discourage rude behaviour and posting of 'wrong' information. For that, I supported them. No one wants anyone to get information that is wrong or potentially harmful.

As to whether people are more honest... or outspoken, I couldn't say.
Although I sometimes see the odd rude post and feel like hitting the red button and it's no longer there.

I appreciate when people speak their opinions, even when they differ with my own. BUT, there is a 'way' to say things, and there's a way 'NOT' to say them. And some people....... well....... just a little too free with their opinions sometimes.

My mom always said "if you haven't anything nice to say, then say nothing at all".
Best advice I ever heard.

Latest posts

Back