Negative Repping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
Do you think we have seen more honesty since neg reps no longer exist?
Do you think people are more outspoken or just bad mannered?
Do you say what you REALLY want to say now as oppose to what you wish you had said?
Just interested....:hug:

I think that there are so many new members who probably dont even know we used to have neg reps or even that we still have positive reps LOL.

I also think that a lot of the people who were worthy of the neg reps dont frequent here anymore LOL.

The best way to deal with rudeness and bad manners is to ignore it and report it and let the mods deal with it rather than rise to the bait and get involved in barnies!

Totally agree Fi. But are people more honest and speak their mind? However bad it is?
I get some negative vibes at times but as you know I can fight my corner.
Sometimes I feel atm that whatever advice you offer people...someone is waiting to put you down. Even if they have no idea what they are talking about.
It does sadden me.

totally agree although i haven't been a member for as long as you girls .i value any advice given to me and vice versa(even tho i do know what i'm talking about..sometimes and depending on the question) i have seen more honest responses than negative ones...but do agree the ones that get the neg are no longer around & thats a shame as it is a positive learning curve for them and a point in the right direction.

Last edited:
I think that sometimes there are negative replies from geeks no matter how little or long they have been on the site.

I still try to give a rep point when someone says something really good, however I think this has slowed alot.

Sometimes I think geeks ignore comments from people who they don't consider respected on the site, which is a shame. When you give someone advice and its just ignored it makes you not wnt to anymore!

Becki xxx

Tbh I'd honestly forgotton all about the reps!!:eek: I haven't made a positive rep for ages, until today when someone made such a lovely comment to me it reminded of that little green box!

Not quite sure what all that means but I think in general that people aren't repping as much and sadly there will always be rude people about.:rolleyes:

I didn't know about negative reps when were they on site what happened to them and what exactly did they do?:)

I didn't know about negative reps when were they on site what happened to them and what exactly did they do?:)

TBH they are not here anymore and wont be coming back so it is irrelevant to explain all the details LOL.

You could search in the site assistance forum for reputation and it will probably be in there somewhere.

Its far better to work on the posative rather than the negative so it's a good thing that neg reps are discontinued although i have once found out to my cost :eek: that mod's can still give negative points if you don't behave :Grope:

I also agree that not enough people give rep points out if they have been helped or just feel cheered up by a posting.

Come on guy's if someone helps you or makes you smile for a moment ....well...give them some encoragement and give them a rep point.

Once you get into it it is a nice thing to do for someone :hug:

Its far better to work on the posative rather than the negative so it's a good thing that neg reps are discontinued although i have once found out to my cost :eek: that mod's can still give negative points if you don't behave :Grope:

I also agree that not enough people give rep points out if they have been helped or just feel cheered up by a posting.

Come on guy's if someone helps you or makes you smile for a moment ....well...give them some encoragement and give them a rep point.

I smile and chuckle every time i see that avatar of yours lol That alone cheers me up:lol::lol:

sorry ive been a bit thick (must be a blonde thing)but i now understand what the term negative repping is ...it is these points you get added on inside the little boxes at the top of your profile :smack:

Sometimes I think geeks ignore comments from people who they don't consider respected on the site, which is a shame. When you give someone advice and its just ignored it makes you not want to anymore!

Becki xxx

I agree with this statement, however, if someone chooses to ignore my advice (even though it might be brilliant :lol:) because they think I don't know what I'm on about or I'm not a super Geek, then hey ho.

You will always find lots of different opinions on here, and you won't be able to please everyone all the time.

I try to give positive reps whenever I feel someone "deserves" it. That word sounds wrong but can't think of anything better at mo.

Not sure if removing the neg rep option has changed the way we post much. Sometimes I really want to tell someone that they don't have a clue or whatever (in a nice way of course), but I keep my mouth shut.

I don't always post what I want (even if it's nice :lol:) because I feel that some people might take offence and lately there seem to be a lot of those around ....

Mainly, I'm here to enjoy the site, learn new things and speak to my fabby geek friends.

I'm all for love :hug:

M.

I've never thought about it ....

I always say what I mean and mean what I say?

Although I am aware of some sensitive folk on here now (some newbies who don't understand me, or don't want/accept the truth)..... it's not because of the neg reps though (i quite liked getting them):)

But not from the mod squad (i've had some of the too).

The problem with the neg rep system was that it was abused.

There were always a number of people that used it because they didn't like the advice/opinions given. Any offensive remark should be reported and dealt with by the mods.

To give the ability to negative rep to people that just don't like constructive critisism can simply put you off posting however 'gentle' you may be.

I smile and chuckle every time i see that avatar of yours lol That alone cheers me up:lol::lol:

Do I get a rep point then :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here here Collin........nobody seems to give any rep points now !!!

Just wondering - how do you 'ignore' someone? I'm sure there is an option somewhere.

Thats very neagative if I get him to hum a tune at the same time would that qualify??? :lol::lol::lol:

No .... ! It's going to take more than that to make me give you a Pos rep :lol:

Just wondering - how do you 'ignore' someone? I'm sure there is an option somewhere.

Gelly,

Don't blame you for wanting to put Collin on your ignore list :lol:

JUST JOKING !! :hug:

M.

Latest posts

Back