Nervous about this but here's my website.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its fab hun, i think you did a great good.

good luck:biggrin:

clarex

The site looks great. One other spelling error which I don't think others have noticed "dependant" is used a few times and it should be "dependent"

i.e.

Treatment is dependent on time
My son is only my dependant

Dependent is the US version of dependant which is UK

Jacqui xx

rockstar nails section and about us section - through out - throughout ... re-nouned - renowned.

This is a lovely web site ... very well done my lovely!!!!!

Jacqui xx

I really like it :D think you have done a great job, and as everyone has said just keep tweeking it :) but i really love it :) and I personally like the flashing and sparkles :)

Unfortunately I'm gerting a sandwich site too :-(

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

rockstar nails section and about us section - through out - throughout ... re-nouned - renowned.

This is a lovely web site ... very well done my lovely!!!!!

Jacqui xx

Thanku Jacqui my mother hen I'm still clucking away just channeling it to myself now! Thanku for the other day btw! I was questioning myself with the dependant thing i thought i was right but then wasn't sure. Will av a play bout with the website next week change some typos and pictures get more of my stuff on there. luckily its only a few friends that know bout the site an u guys. u wont really find it unless u know about it at the moment which is good cos in not really promoting. I like the sparkles and the flashing the names nail lab, a lab is somewhere full of sparks and brightness u create something there. Ive basically stuck to 5 main colours I don't want a plain lookin website it mite work for other people but not me it needs to b bold and represent who I am I don't want the same website image as everyone else minimal and same type of look they look nice but I ain't going to stand out much I've looked at people local to me n their sites all have the same look, I've Still got a lot of work on it to do but it's all work in progress. Thanks again for ur replies x

Hi honey x

I am the same as some of the other girls and still seeing sandwiches! I'm on an iPad though, think it may be something to do with apple software. Such a shame as I love lookin at sites xxx

Your site looks great for your first go, i agree with most of the comments above and just wanted to point out some others..

I noticed at the bottom left hand side it says "Please note not all pictures used on this page are my own work it is to give an idea of how the treatments look"

I would remove that and also remove all the pictures which are not your own, you have to be very careful with this as other nail tech's pictures are probably protected with copright and i wouldn't like it if i have went on to a website to find my photos being used.

'Gelish lasts 3 weeks', i would change this to 'can last up to 3 weeks'

Also when i clicked on the link to go to your Facebook page i saw the two pictures you have posted of Gelish, right away i noticed these are two totally different set of nails and different colours, which is a bit misleading, and also on your Facebook page the photo of the '14 days growth' doesn't look like 14 days growth, it looks as if they have been re-done, which again is quite misleading to clients, and on your website you have these two photos which says '21 days growth' again this is quite misleading as it doesn't look like theirs any growth at all.

Also on the Kooky nail wraps page it states 'Your fingernails should last up to two weeks' i would change this as i know nail wraps on fingernails don't usually last this long on most clients, i would change it to something like 'Can last up to 1-2 weeks'

I would also take a look at your prices as they are very very low, especially the after training prices, i would maybe take this off until you have calculated the proper costs after your training.

HTH

Thanku Jacqui my mother hen I'm still clucking away just channeling it to myself now! Thanku for the other day btw! I was questioning myself with the dependant thing i thought i was right but then wasn't sure. Will av a play bout with the website next week change some typos and pictures get more of my stuff on there. luckily its only a few friends that know bout the site an u guys. u wont really find it unless u know about it at the moment which is good cos in not really promoting. I like the sparkles and the flashing the names nail lab, a lab is somewhere full of sparks and brightness u create something there. Ive basically stuck to 5 main colours I don't want a plain lookin website it mite work for other people but not me it needs to b bold and represent who I am I don't want the same website image as everyone else minimal and same type of look they look nice but I ain't going to stand out much I've looked at people local to me n their sites all have the same look, I've Still got a lot of work on it to do but it's all work in progress. Thanks again for ur replies x

I can see that it reflects your personality and I think that is important .. lots of sites look very professional but just lack that little twist that shows who they are.

xxxxxxxx

Your site looks great for your first go, i agree with most of the comments above and just wanted to point out some others..

I noticed at the bottom left hand side it says "Please note not all pictures used on this page are my own work it is to give an idea of how the treatments look"

I would remove that and also remove all the pictures which are not your own, you have to be very careful with this as other nail tech's pictures are probably protected with copright and i wouldn't like it if i have went on to a website to find my photos being used.

'Gelish lasts 3 weeks', i would change this to 'can last up to 3 weeks'

Also when i clicked on the link to go to your Facebook page i saw the two pictures you have posted of Gelish, right away i noticed these are two totally different set of nails and different colours, which is a bit misleading, and also on your Facebook page the photo of the '14 days growth' doesn't look like 14 days growth, it looks as if they have been re-done, which again is quite misleading to clients, and on your website you have these two photos which says '21 days growth' again this is quite misleading as it doesn't look like theirs any growth at all.

Also on the Kooky nail wraps page it states 'Your fingernails should last up to two weeks' i would change this as i know nail wraps on fingernails don't usually last this long on most clients, i would change it to something like 'Can last up to 1-2 weeks'

I would also take a look at your prices as they are very very low, especially the after training prices, i would maybe take this off until you have calculated the proper costs after your training.

HTH

Thanks hun all noted will look into sorting all this. X

Hi there
I noticed a couple of errors: on your Contact Us page, it says "Contact Us via *blank space*" ? Not sure if "via" shouldn't be there, or if it's missing a link? Also, when on that same page your "treatments" and "nail aftercare" links aren't working, tho they are throughout the rest of the site
Good luck with it all, the site looks brilliant :)

Hi there
I noticed a couple of errors: on your Contact Us page, it says "Contact Us via *blank space*" ? Not sure if "via" shouldn't be there, or if it's missing a link? Also, when on that same page your "treatments" and "nail aftercare" links aren't working, tho they are throughout the rest of the site
Good luck with it all, the site looks brilliant :)

I'm playing with the site at the moment which is why u can't get on those pages lol x

Actually, my definition is correct and the spelling on the website is not right. They are two different words with two different meanings. "Dependant" is a noun and "Dependent" is a adjective.

According to my Oxford English Dictionary, "Dependent" is used by Americans for "Dependant".

Have a look at this grammar website.
The difference between dependant and dependent (grammar lesson)

Thank you for your information.

Because I have an interest in the English language I checked the oxford english dictionary.

definition of dependant from Oxford Dictionaries Online

I don't use an e-file but seriously doubt it's illegal to use it on the natural nail as Greg from young nails does it all the time in his videos! As all th others have said correct information, grammar and spelling go further than expensive pictures to most people who are looking for a professional treatment.

I don't use an e-file but seriously doubt it's illegal to use it on the natural nail as Greg from young nails does it all the time in his videos! As all th others have said correct information, grammar and spelling go further than expensive pictures to most people who are looking for a professional treatment.

My tutor told me this I've just searched on the net and this came back from a government organisation website u cannot use a electric file unless it's a buffer on a natural nail u can only use it on an artificial nail.

Here's the uk gov website I found it on. It also states this in the habia code and conduct book that it should not be used on the natural nail anyone unsure on anything should refer to this handbook.

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/index.jsp?articleid=19360

Last edited:
From what I read there, my understanding is correct and the "a" should be changed to an "e" on the OPs website. Is that what you are saying too?

I will change this thanks for the confirmation.

My tutor told me this I've just searched on the net and this came back from a government organisation website u cannot use a electric file unless it's a buffer on a natural nail u can only use it on an artificial nail.

Here's the uk gov website I found it on. It also states this in the habia code and conduct book that it should not be used on the natural nail anyone unsure on anything should refer to this handbook.

London Borough of Hillingdon - Artificial nail treatments

I believe that is only hillingdon borough's code of practice not uk law x

Latest posts

Back