nervous trendy wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jem87

Reaction score
new to doing nails got my first set of trendy nail wraps on wednesday any tips

Make sure you warm them properly before applying and get as close to the cuticle as you can. Pull from cuticle to tip and as you do, smooth any creases you may get as it nigh on impossible to do it once they are on.

Some TNW's are easier to apply than others. I have found the foil ones to be easiest to apply.

Don't get frustrated or start getting all hot and bothered if it doesn't go right first time, make a light hearted comment and carry on. :cool:

I done my first set on my daughter to try first before I offer to clients and only lasted till the next day! They had lifted all around the sides on her nails! But I have also done a set on my other daughter on her toes and they look really nice a bit of lifting about the 4 day on! I love the trendy but they are thick on the nail. Also I have just bought some from eBay not sure what make they are but I think they have come from china but they are really thin. Great to put on and I have done only 1 on my little finger to see how they go I have also put uv gel over the top this time to make it last and so far so good:) will show u a pic see what u think. The pink and blue is the foil one that I got from eBay with uv gel on top and the others are trendy nail wraps.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225499.092569.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225499.092569.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 200
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225545.390579.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225545.390579.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 111
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225563.953581.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225563.953581.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 107
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225582.567403.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307225582.567403.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 119
I prep the nail as you would as if you were applyin gels, sanitise, cuticle, buff etc. Make sure you measure up before heating them, as RedSadie said get as close to the cuticle as you can. I use a normal hairdryer on high heat until they go really flexi, this way I have never had any problems with lumps and bumps etc you can also seal the edges with resin but I have never found the need to do this :wink2:

I prep the nail as you would as if you were applyin gels, sanitise, cuticle, buff etc. Make sure you measure up before heating them, as RedSadie said get as close to the cuticle as you can. I use a normal hairdryer on high heat until they go really flexi, this way I have never had any problems with lumps and bumps etc you can also seal the edges with resin but I have never found the need to do this :wink2:
Just to add, with trendy wraps I also aim the hair dryer at the completed nail for a few seconds, keep your own thumb with in the heat area so you don't burn the client and then smooth and press with your hoof pick one last time, I find this stops the edges lifting.
You don't need to do this with minx, I think it's because minx are a little thinner. I have never used resin with either, not found the need to but on fingers, next time I'm going to finish with shelac, I've read on here that it makes them last a fair bit longer.

Latest posts

Back