Neutralising green tone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairek80

Reaction score
Hello lovelies

A client has dyed her hair green .

She has bleached level 9/10 hair and she put a box dye golden blonde on it and now it’s ashy/ green colour . Only the top section (halo)

What I would like to know is should I ...

A. bleach bath the green tone out then pre colour With red - then put her to a 6.3 she likes in L’Oréal
Or

B. Just pre colour it (red ) then put 6.3 L’Oréal on without bleach bath ?

Thanks In advance

your could try bleach bathing but theres a chance the green wont budget...

if it doesn't then i would pre colour with red to neutralise it.

Have you seen it? Is it still quite green or just a light green hue?

What type of product was used to create green? I’m guessing she used a direct dye which needs a matching direct dye remover. Oxidising products like bleach and tint will often cause the green to stain the cuticle layer.

Rather than going straight in with red, I’d do some strand tests first. If it’s only a slight green-ish hue, a demi tint should cover it adequately, although you might need copper to pre-pig as it was bleached up to a 9/10. Adding red might deepen it too much and make the final colour a light brown rather than a warm dark blonde.

Have you seen it? Is it still quite green or just a light green hue?

What type of product was used to create green? I’m guessing she used a direct dye which needs a matching direct dye remover. Oxidising products like bleach and tint will often cause the green to stain the cuticle layer.

Rather than going straight in with red, I’d do some strand tests first. If it’s only a slight green-ish hue, a demi tint should cover it adequately, although you might need copper to pre-pig as it was bleached up to a 9/10. Adding red might deepen it too much and make the final colour a light brown rather than a warm dark blonde.
hello
its a mucky ash green .

she said she put a golden dark blonde box dye on it {over bleached hair}

your could try bleach bathing but theres a chance the green wont budget...

if it doesn't then i would pre colour with red to neutralise it.
thanks

Latest posts

Back