New acrylic system "Dip it" by Parley Innovative- Has anyone used this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stayed out of this til now because Victoria can hold her own but I must support everything she says, because I know it is true from my own experience.
I gave T&D a whirl back in the dark ages and didn't rate it at all.

Tip n dip sounds exactly like what it is! A supposedly quick, easy option for those who can't. There ... I've said it. When a person really knows how to do nails with skill and artistry and most importantly, nails that last without breakages etc then that is what breeds client loyalty which is the 'name of the game for those serious about making a living out of nails.

The system has been around for ages ... No one rates it as a first class option for enhancing nails, any more than they rate Dashing Diva as a first class option to do a French Manicure; it does the job for those who can't.

The person who was rude to Victoria seems very defensive of the system as if there is a vested interest there ... If not then she is defending because she does not have the necessary skills to do a fab set of gel or L&P. Either way I think that there is very little to commend a system that has been around for about 15 years and which has yet to prove itself and made zero impact on the industry.

Victoria took that system as far as she could go with it and knows all its limitations and if anyone could make it sing then she could ... But the limitations of the product means it does not have the X Factor Necessary to make it in our industry!

THANK YOU:!:

If old threads weren't archived, we could probably dig up a thread where you and I went head to head on this very subject (before I learned Gel, and L&P) where I staunchly defended tip-n-dip just as a certain poster is doing, saying everything that she's saying.
OMG did we ever have some doozies hahahahahahaha

NOW a few years later, I know different.
What a good laugh that thread would be aye?
The things that change when we LEARN.....................

:hug:

THANK YOU:!:

If old threads weren't archived, we could probably dig up a thread where you and I went head to head on this very subject (before I learned Gel, and L&P) where I staunchly defended tip-n-dip just as a certain poster is doing, saying everything that she's saying.
OMG did we ever have some doozies hahahahahahaha

NOW a few years later, I know different.
What a good laugh that thread would be aye?
The things that change when we LEARN.....................

:hug:

We did ! Lol

Still back in those days you didnt have allot of choice did you? There were some weird things commin out of Canada in them days!! Do you remember that woman who was selling some system where you made a mould of the persons nail and then made a nail from l&p on the mould and then stuck it on the client with adhesive? I wonder where she is now?

We did ! Lol

Still back in those days you didnt have allot of choice did you? There were some weird things commin out of Canada in them days!! Do you remember that woman who was selling some system where you made a mould of the persons nail and then made a nail from l&p on the mould and then stuck it on the client with adhesive? I wonder where she is now?

I need to get some sleep. I read this as mould being the green fuzzy stuff that grows on cheese yikes!!! :Scared:
Can't even say I've been drinking, which is a shame:biggrin:

Vicki xx

Actually, I always have trouble remembering if it is mould or mold for the fuzzy stuff :biggrin: so I could have confused you if I've got it wrong !

Nope it's me. I thought Louis Walsh had gone into the beauty business a few weeks ago
Vicki xx

We did ! Lol

OMG I forgot about that!!! :lol:
Yeah, we sure do get some weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiird stuff here in Quebec!

Ohhh the standards would make you cry Geeg... if you could see the tech that tried to 'add me' on FB today... claiming to be educator/tech/distributor from this lovely province, Quebec.
If you saw those nails, you'd flip out.
Tip-n-dip, product on sidewalls, french tips glued down to almost the lunula.... and selling junk she bought on ebay :rolleyes:

We had some good fights though!! hahahahaha "never the twain shall meet" I believe, is the quote that sticks in my head. That was your way of saying our opinions would never be the same.
hehehehehe
xo

OMG I forgot about that!!! :lol:
Yeah, we sure do get some weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiird stuff here in Quebec!

Ohhh the standards would make you cry Geeg... if you could see the tech that tried to 'add me' on FB today... claiming to be educator/tech/distributor from this lovely province, Quebec.
If you saw those nails, you'd flip out.
Tip-n-dip, product on sidewalls, french tips glued down to almost the lunula.... and selling junk she bought on ebay :rolleyes:

We had some good fights though!! hahahahaha "never the twain shall meet" I believe, is the quote that sticks in my head. That was your way of saying our opinions would never be the same.
hehehehehe
xo

Well ... Glad to see you are coming around nicely now!! Rofl. It's maturity you know! Ha ha

Actually I don't care if people have different opinions as long as they have 'intelligent' different opinions. :Lol:

well ... Glad to see you are coming around nicely now!! Rofl. It's maturity you know! Ha ha

actually i don't care if people have different opinions as long as they have 'intelligent' different opinions. :lol:

ditto!

Don't believe there was any reason for anyone to get p***ed off. V and I were having a discussion about what we believe is good or bad about a system. Isn't that what forums are about? I didn't attack anyone, just pointed out that a particular system that she made reference to being inferior isn't.

V - I'm not going to continue this discussion by commenting on all your points that you pointed out on my points because we are just repeating what we said before.

It's a matter of opinion and based on facts, it is a good system and can do a lot to build your business. There is no overexposure because all the product stays on the nails and as far as sanitary, if done properly this isn't anymore of an issue than using the same brush on every client. It is your choice as to what you use but it should be an informed choice and not just based on a couple of people's opinion. :wink2:

see below

Don't believe there was any reason for anyone to get p***ed off. V and I were having a discussion about what we believe is good or bad about a system.
It stopped being a discussion when you said "V - Also it seems that you evidently didn't learn how to use the system properly if you think that all is required to use this sytem is what you listed"
The only things evident are that you turned the 'discussion' personal by insulting me, and that YOU are the one that's ill-informed. In fact, you seemed to think Backscratchers invented it.

Isn't that what forums are about? I didn't attack anyone, just pointed out that a particular system that she made reference to being inferior isn't.
see point above.

V - I'm not going to continue this discussion by commenting on all your points that you pointed out on my points because we are just repeating what we said before.

It's a matter of opinion and based on facts, it is a good system and can do a lot to build your business. There is no overexposure because all the product stays on the nails and as far as sanitary, if done properly this isn't anymore of an issue than using the same brush on every client. It is your choice as to what you use but it should be an informed choice and not just based on a couple of people's opinion. :wink2:

No, it's not a matter of opinion. I can back everything up with facts, evidence and experience. You failed to answer my question and provide a table drawing up parallels proving it's equal to L&P and UV Gel.

As far as the shared brush, PERSONALLY, I clean my brushes between clients. how do you plan on cleaning the powder??.

Dipping IS unsanitary. If a client has been nicked with a new file perchance and that open cut is dipped into the powder? Nasty! For both the client getting acrylic powder into her cut and for the next client that would possibly be exposed to her blood.
NASTY.

An informed choice is not what your offering to the OP Samiam, not by a long shot.
You're making false claims about the product which can lead an unsuspecting tech to choice that may not be best for her.
Just look at the fact that tip-n-dip is more porous than acrylic or uv gel. RIGHT THERE, the system is weaker and more prone to issue because of that. That's a fact. Not an opinion.

Yes this forum is for sharing opinions BUT NOT WHEN those opinions are confused as 'facts' leading aspiring techs to making uninformed choices.
The primary task of this forum is to EDUCATE. Education requires facts, not opinions.

So again, if you truly want to prove that it is on equal footing with L&P and UV Gel, PLEASE be my guest and draw up the table as I suggested with ALL that can be achieved with all 3 systems and comparisons of their ingredients as well etc etc ....
Until such time as you've done so, then you haven't proven your case.
Good luck, you'll need it.

On another note, my name is not "V", it's Victoria.
Thank you.

Never said your name was V, it is an abreviation just like so many other abreviations done on internet. It wasn't meant to be hateful or mean, so not sure why you are taking it that way. And how was I suppose to know your name is Victoria? Did you introduce yourself to me?

I am at a total loss as to why you are being so insistent, defensive and now rude to me. It just seems to me you are just wanting to argue, so I am done with trying to have a nice, friendly discussion.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Julz, where are you in NZ? I've never heard of anything but tip n dip....

A couple of reasons by ESTABLISHED EXPERTS why Tip-N-Dip is not equal to L&P or UV Gel.

From Doug Schoon:
"Thinner adhesives set faster, but this is not always good because extremely fast setting adhesives give lower strength."
"Since these adhesives are not cross-linked, they are affected by moisture. Clients who frequently wet their hands should be warned that all cyanoacrylates {from which resins are made} are moisture sensitive, and should be instructed to wear gloves whenever possible."

Since tip-n-dip is produced by using resin adhesives (made of cyanoacrylates), then they are moisture sensitive.

From Milady's Textbook:

"Did You Know... Nail enhancements are not designed to be taken off frequently (more than twice per year). Product removal is the most potentially damaging service than can be performed. Even when done carefully, complete removal can damage and dry the nail plate. It is best to leave the enhancements in place and only remove it when clients no longer want to wear them. Even removing them three or four times a year can be damaging. It is better for the nail tech to leave them i place and keep them properly maintained"

Since tip-n-dip must be frequently removed, they are not great for the nails.

Feel free to dig deeper into those books yourself, to learn more.

Now pray tell, WHERE have I been rude?
That can be arranged if you like.

Wasn't going to coment anymore, but I just can't let incorrect information be passed around. Who said dip system has to be taken off 3 or 4 times a year? This proves the lack of knowledge of this sytem. Each client is different, some can go a year w/o removal, some a little more often. And it takes less time to remove then l/p products, only takes 20-30 mins. If you have someone who is going to be in water a lot, then you would apply a product that would work for that person. But there have been hairdressers who have worn dip systems who do just fine with it. As I've said before it is all about knowing your product, how it works and knowing the basics of application of nails.

If this was the case, then Shellac or any soak off gel polish should never be used because of removal every 2-3 weeks. This statement is truly unfounded IMO!!

Last edited:
Wasn't going to coment anymore, but I just can't let incorrect information be passed around. Who said dip system has to be taken off 3 or 4 times a year? This proves the lack of knowledge of this sytem. Each client is different, some can go a year w/o removal, some a little more often. And it takes less time to remove then l/p products, only takes 20-30 mins. If you have someone who is going to be in water a lot, then you would apply a product that would work for that person. But there have been hairdressers who have worn dip systems who do just fine with it. As I've said before it is all about knowing your product, how it works and knowing the basics of application of nails.

If this was the case, then Shellac or any soak off gel polish should never be used because of removal every 2-3 weeks. This statement is truly unfounded IMO!!

Sam you are pretty much deliberately muddying the water and I really think it should stop because otherwise this thread is going to be closed.
I was just waiting for your reply re Shellac and even predicted that you would mention it in your next post ,in a private mesage to a member here ... you did not disappoint me. And of course your remarks are completely irrelevent because you can't compare Shellac removal to the removal of any enhancement product. (By the way, My L&P removes in 15 - 20 minutes and always has done but then I do know my product and how to remove it quickly and I don't make my nails like bricks.)

Regarding Shellac removal ... CND has produced a removal wrap (patents pending) that holds buffered Acetone in a small amount on the spot, and that spot is on the SHELLAC, not slopping all around the clients skin.

The buffered acetone takes exactly 8-10 minutes (depending on the number of coats) to penetrate through to the base coat which is designed with quick release polymers so that it loosens from the plate for easy removal.

CND Taking the time to produce these products to be used with Shellac is what ensures minimal contact of Acetone to the skin, and Actone to the nail .. in fact, Acetone cannot be in contact with the actual nail plate for more than 1-2 minutes at a time. I would venture to say, that when a consumer uses an acetone remover to remove ordinary nail polish, she will have more saturation of Acetone in her nail than a Shellac removal.

I notice you have not rsponded to any of my posts and I sincerely hope you do not feel the need to do so on this occasion because I can truthfully say, that not many technicians know more about Shellac and how it works than I do ... and the same goes for L&P and Gel product chemistry; it is my area of expertise.

Enjoy what you use but please don't try to convince me or others that "know their onions" that T&D is in any way comparable to Liquid & Powder or gel systems because it isn't. If it services your particular niche of clients then great, some people have only FG clients and they do OK because they service that small niche, but for those of us that are Full Service technicians and use all systems fluently T&D comes way way at the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
see below

Wasn't going to coment anymore, but I just can't let incorrect information be passed around. Who said dip system has to be taken off 3 or 4 times a year?
When a dip system comes on the market that doesn't have to be, let me know. I have tried SEVERAL brands, I'm well familiar with them. They do not rebalance/refill well as L&P and UV Gel do, and after some time, tend to look shoddy. Whereas, L&P and UV Gel do NOT look shoddy and can be rebalanced/refilled over YEARS always maintaining a nice crisp look like a new set.

This proves the lack of knowledge of this sytem.
Again, you go too far. I'm growing tired of being polite while you cast stones at my knowledge and skills. You STILL haven't proved it's equal to L&P and Gel, you haven't prepared the table as I requested. You haven't backed up anything.

Each client is different, some can go a year w/o removal, some a little more often. And it takes less time to remove then l/p products, only takes 20-30 mins.
I don't know how you do L&P, but my L&P removal is 20-30minutes. So no, it's not less time than L&P.

If you have someone who is going to be in water a lot, then you would apply a product that would work for that person. But there have been hairdressers who have worn dip systems who do just fine with it. As I've said before it is all about knowing your product, how it works and knowing the basics of application of nails.
Isn't it convenient how you skipped certain facts that clearly indicate it's WEAKER than L&P.

If this was the case, then Shellac or any soak off gel polish should never be used because of removal every 2-3 weeks.
One can't compare a 10min removal in a gentle soak solution to the standard removal solutions of tip-n-dip/L&P and 30min required to do such. There is HUGE difference between the two.
IN ADDITION, with each new set of tip-n-dip, tips must be applied (unless an NNO) and since tips need to be blended, nails are filed which over time is not great for the nail.
There is zero filing/buffing required with Shellac.
Again, QUITE different!!

This statement is truly unfounded IMO!!
The only thing unfounded is your claims to know better and that tip-n-dip is equally strong. You're quick to state it's just as strong and on par, BUT HAVE YET TO PROVE IT. You haven't proved a single thing to date.
Until you can do so, quit being such a bother. Else I might be tempted to dig out my fly swatter.

I've been reading through this in, well, amusement if I'm honest. I just have a small question. SamIam, would you be kind enough to tell me if you are trained and experienced in Gel and L&P application? Xx

I have to agree that I to have been reading this thread in amusement...however I can't help but feel slightly irked when I see Geegs knowledge disregarded nor Victoria's help and experience be knocked when both have stated truth and fact.

Samlam I have to ask have you even bothered to take a look at victorias profile? You would find her name there and also see that she is very experienced in the dip system.
I have to agree with both geeg and Victoria that there are far more superior systems out there that once mastered are as easy to apply and remove with much better appearance, more durable and long lasting. I don't think I need to state which and why as they have been throughly covered.

To the op I personally wouldn't go for the tip and dip system.

There are better systems (and companies) out there that require more skill and provide better looking, long lasting durable nails.

Xxx

Backscratchers tip n dip saved my business 6 years ago!! Best stuff i've ever used (after using ibd gel, the edge fibreglass and odyssey acrylic) backscratchers fibreglass is strong stuff too!! Although this past year I have started using gel polish, now that stuff saves anyone's business!! :)

100% correct... gel polish/power polish has saved everyone a** since it came out... what a gift..and in the middle of a recession... a total and utter God send IMO!!!

Latest posts

Back