New business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
I have recently decided to start up my own business going mobile offferin body massage, aroma, ihm & facials but got no interest at all. I've got my own website, handed out business cards, placed adds on websites but still nothing ive been thinking of giving up, so i thought i would try to get into a salon as am a hairdresser as well but have no experience so they dont want me :( . If anyone can give me any advice on how to get on with my mobile business or get back into hairdressing would be greatly appreciated.

Hi hunni

I'm not in the same situation as you exactly, but I have just opened a nail salon a month ago. I have found that my business so far as come from the following sources:

1) Yell.com - clients have done a search for nails in the area and I am first on the list
2) They have seen the sign and number above my door - obviously with you being mobile you don't have this advantage
3) Word of mouth
4) Self-promotion - ie. I do Minx, so I have my toe nails Minxed and I wear my sandals everywhere ;0)
5) I am just doing a 5000 leaflet drop - the leaflets cost me £60, and I have got someone to drop them with the papers for me
6) Facebook. I am new to Facebook, but I set up a group for the salon and invited everyone I know, and this seems to have generated some business as I put photos on there of the services I offer - Minx, Shellac etc

I don't know if I have been any help, but this is where my business is coming from at the min xxx

Hiya, where did you get 5000 leaflets for £60 from? I am wanting some doing :)

Hi

I got mine done from an independant printers in my town - Mike Neumann in Denbigh. I don't know whether he would post them. They were black and white A5 x

I have also gained quite a few clients from advertising on netmums :)

I did a leaflet drop back in March, 5,000 leaflets it was my best source of advertising,worked great cost me £69 and £30 to have them designed, they were a6, colour and double sided. I have recently done the same again and I'm in and dated. I work from home and do mobile.

Please don't give up :D - i started my own business 3 months ago and i'm now starting to get a bit of interest. Stay in there and it will start picking up. I didn't think it would but it has. I haven't even given my leaflet out yet. Email nurseries, schools... ask if you could help out at a school fayre. I have one coming up that will help with getting your self noticed!

hth and i hope everythink picks up really soon xx

Latest posts

Back