New client a potential nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another message -

Oh and I forgot to say that day u canceled me an hour b4 you was due to Do them you was still doing other people's nails the next day and all that week cause I find things out so that proves it was just me you was judging and didn't like from the start and I'd love to no why Becki cause its so upsetting if I ever see u I will ask you why u dislikes me so much to your face cause its not nice been judged when u dont even no me it's proper got my back up cause in all my life getting stuff done I have never had this or come across this ever that's why I'm so shocked but anyways no sleep loss but cheers anyways

How old is this person? Sounds like a teenager

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

In her 40s I think!

Wait, this is a joke right? Someone is stitching you up? That CANNOT be a real email written by a REAL adult??!!! I'm literally astounded. I couldn't even actually finish reading her first email due to the lack of punctuation (I'd run out of breath in my head by the 8th line...) but I get the gist. I wouldn't even reply hon, just block her now and be done with it, don't give her the satisfaction of getting any more contact with you. Block from all outlets and chalk down to a very bad experience. :grr:

I would probably reply with a simple I'm sorry you feel this way take care Beckie, and then no more contact.

She obviously has some serious issues and is now very upset (not your fault in any way). I felt a bit sorry for her reading the message.
X

yeee-zus talk about her speaking like a broken record. Its only nails- not a full on relationship!!

Seriously you done well to not lose your lid against her! Good for you on sticking to your principles! xoxo

She sounds NUTS.

I wouldn't reply now, just block / ignore her on Facebook, phones, email.

Phew!

Wow, I'm actually exhausted reading the email/msg she sent you.

I think you will be wasting your breath if you carry on with the communication, regardless of what you say.

Block/ignore her love, like others have suggested. I think that's your best bet.

wow - good riddance!
if she types/responds like that and is an adult - where did she go to school?!

This lady is a troubled individual and my advice to you is to now act like she does not exist. It would be unfair of me to label her on an open forum, but alarm bells were ringing before you posted the message and the posting just about confirmed my suspicions.

Don't feel bad, you just got unlucky. She will process things differently to how another person with less issues would and therefore react differently too. I've worked with people with the same diagnosis that I suspect this lady has and it can be incredibly challenging when they are in crisis.

Block, ignore and return to your normality.

Her age, education, and manner of writing are of no consequence and I would prefer not to see our lovely geeks pass judgement on this lady's lack of ability. She may be expressing herself in perhaps the only way she knows how.

She seems very upset by your text ... understandably so, no one would like to receive a text saying you don't want them as a client.

You did the right thing to be honest with her, I agree with the geek who advised you to thank her, wish her well, and have nothing further to do with the matter.

xx

Her age, education, and manner of writing are of no consequence and I would prefer not to see our lovely geeks pass judgement on this lady's lack of ability. She may be expressing herself in perhaps the only way she knows how.

She seems very upset by your text ... understandably so, no one would like to receive a text saying you don't want them as a client.

You did the right thing to be honest with her, I agree with the geek who advised you to thank her, wish her well, and have nothing further to do with the matter.

xx

Well said

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am sorry that you have to go through this. But it is over now. Make sure that you learn the lessons of this difficult experience and apply them to the future. It's only a waste if you didn't learn anything.

I am really shocked to read that she's in her 40s but I do agree she sounds genuinely hurt.

I can completely understand why you didn't want her as a client even though I've said previously that I personally wouldn't have turned her away.

She reminds me very much of a client I have who drives me absolutely insane however, she's autistic. I only know this from someone who is friends with her mum and passed on this info before she came to me, presumably so I didn't write her off and could possibly be prepared to deal with her odd traits but yes, it's still hard.

If I hadn't have ever known this about her I also would have felt like I didn't need her as a client but unfortunately she can't help the way she is - to everyone else she's an odd ball but once you know, you recognise the signs, she has complete lack of social awareness and what's seen as 'normal' behaviour.

I am not diagnosing your client, she could just be a pain in the butt but I do think sometimes you've gotta look 'out of the box' and take on clients that you may not necessarily want as you don't know why she's like this. But hey that could just be me being a soft touch.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just an update. Had a message off another user on here who very kindly made me see it from her point of view and I've sent her an apology for the way I put my message but explained my reasonings in a much kinder way. I've wished her well and told her the last thing I wanted was to offend her. Hopefully she will accept and if she doesn't at least I've tried to apologise. I didn't want it to come to this..to be fair I feel quite upset myself that I've upset her even if she has been annoying. I don't expect a reply off her to be honest I'm not sure she'll accept but we'll see.

Thanks for all of your advice in this. Not been a pleasant experience but yes NancySyd, I have definitely learned from it. Thank you x

Latest posts

Back