New client-advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clamoopa

Reaction score
Hi everyone .... Just after a bit of advice/reassurance
I have been spray tanning using Suntana since February. Been going well .
I did a new client on Saturday in an area far away but I did it as anyway ... The girl was still in the bath when I got there , I was waiting 15 mins for her ! When she got into my tent she still had patches of make up on ! Got her to remove it and did 2 coats, and she was pleased and txt me sat nite to say she loved it! Now tonight, she txt me to say her arms and face a mess . I apologised .... And offered to redo , give partial refund or half price tan nxt time .... She said she will book me again and thanks .... Your thoughts please lovely ladies xx

NEVER offer anything without seeing the tan for yourself.
I would have been tamping for her to still be in the bath for 15 minutes when you arrive and then to still have make up on - what was she doing in the bath, not washing clearly as she wouldn't have had make up on if she was, this means she was probably shaving and that's a big no just before a tan.
When she rang with complaints I would have told her it was most likely a result of her NOT following the preparation advice I had given (fully listed on my website). Having a tan straight after a bath before the skin's PH has settled with unknown residues still on the skin would definitely affect tan and that stuff is out of your control.

I definitely agree with Baggy bear - as soon as I'd have heard she was in the bath, I'd have thought - no! ie...Pores open etc.
When I go to patch test I give the client a sheet of skin preparation instructions and explain the importance as to prolong tan etc and then that covers me too. X

Thanks ladies .... I told her to shower the night before .... She didn't follow any advice I gave ... Grrrr
Thank u for your replies xx

You just can't have a spray tan after being in hot water!! Why do some clients never listen lol!!!

I don't do much tanning but when I do I always remind clients that my job is to apply the tan and it's their job to maintain it.

When someone books in for any tan treatment make sure you always give advice on what to wear and how to prep skin and what not to do etc (I'm sure you do!) definitely a good idea to have a check list on a website or something you can send/give them as proof that you advised them. Some clients will never listen though!

Xo

Thanks for your reply
I did run through it all and it's on my FB page .... Think it all went in one ear and out the other !!
I should have just left when she kept me waiting so long !!!

Latest posts

Back