New Client Taking the Michael?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caro

Reaction score
I had an enquiry via my website about spray tanning and every day since I've had a text asking really obvious questions.

The first question was the usual. I've been on your website and want to know how much spray tanning is, how does it work, is it any good, are you mobile - ok, first time had a spray tan - good to ask questions.... but it continues...

Once I confirmed the booking I sent out a preparation sheet advising on exfoliating and shaving beforehand, nail polish on, next day more questions ...." I don't get it "- "why do I have to paint my nails and why do I have to shave before or after? "Will it make a mess?"

now tonight.... should I pluck my eyebrows.... then .....how much room do you need.... oh about 6ft square.... oh I haven't got enough room.... can you do it outside?

??????

I don't mean to sound rude but things are only obvious to you because you know about tanning, sometimes giving someone new to tanning an information sheet on something they know nothing about can be too much to take in, it depends on how the advice is written/given. Probably best to call and speak to the client rather than messaging as its easy to get the wrong end of the stick

Sent from my U20i using SalonGeek

That's funny, I had a series of bizarre questions from someone wanting lashes recently. Her emails were so ridiculous I smelled a rat straight away but gave her an appointment anyway. I thought well if she turns up I'm about to meet the stupidest person on earth. Needless to say she didn't and was just a timewaster. Her emails gave me a good laugh though, bless her!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thanks for your replies...

Shel - the sheet is really basic information and I've never had any queries with it before? All week I've kept thinking the same, giving the benefit of the doubt. I tried ringing her - she never picks up, hence the text.

I've been reading the text out to my husband tonight who suspects she is a timewaster?

Why would you bother though?:irked:

I think they may just be really ditsy! I know as this is the sort of situations I get into. The electric company was on the phone to me the other day and she had to explain to me four times as I was getting confused by the charges, I swear by the end she thought I was retarded! And the other day on the phone to the salon I kept getting confused about the days, and then had to change it again as I'd booked in June when I had a voucher off for July! So she is probably just really ditsy like myself, and a little nervous and wanting to check everything so she gets it right. I know my first spray tan was really daunting! I was terrified I would look tangoed! So just be patient with her. :)

I once had someone called me asked me a million things about tanning , down to the really simple , booked in then didn't turn up, since found out she is learning how to tan :) I'd rather she was honest and just rang for advice and was upfront , if she starts up herself she will know how frustrating now shows are :) x x x

Thanks for your replies...

Shel - the sheet is really basic information and I've never had any queries with it before? All week I've kept thinking the same, giving the benefit of the doubt. I tried ringing her - she never picks up, hence the text.

I've been reading the text out to my husband tonight who suspects she is a timewaster?

Why would you bother though?:irked:

Some people are just unfortunately time wasters, why they bother I have no idea... Nutters lol

I would message saying you need to speak to her to confirm appointment and if she doesnt get back to you I would just cancel it. Never book things without actually speaking to the person, especially being mobile. :)

Sent from my U20i using SalonGeek

I once had someone called me asked me a million things about tanning , down to the really simple , booked in then didn't turn up, since found out she is learning how to tan :) I'd rather she was honest and just rang for advice and was upfront , if she starts up herself she will know how frustrating now shows are :) x x x

I 've kind of had the same thing tonight, from a friend. I'm doing spray tan training on monday and she was asking me questions about every little detail from how I booked my training, what the course will cover, to how much it has all cost- everything! Even when we were moved on to different topics of conversation she would ask another tan related question... its left me feeling a bit uneasy, she'll probably be spraying next month :(
To the OP, hopefully your lady is not a timewaster and is just a wee bit ditzy lol! xo

Latest posts

Back