New Girl To Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamTam2012

Reaction score
Hiya,

I came across this site on google after trying to search for some new products to try.

At the moment i am fully qualified in Acrylic Nail Extensions and have been experimenting with glitters.
I also do Nail Wraps.

I have been looking into doing some form of Gel polishes as they seem to be quite popular also rockstar nails, can you give me a few ideas and some advice? Where is best to get products? I have been using Naio for the time being but find their Acrylic liquid not as great as the one from Nail Zone which is who i trained with.

I am hoping to complete some more training in the next few months.
And just wondered really what other exciting things i can add to my business! I currently am mobile x

Hi tamtam2012, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but nobody will reply on here unless ur Nvq or thereabouts qualified, if u only do acrylics, that sounds like u only did a little one or two day course. I've been in those boots but a loooong time ago, tell us more about ur nail history and we'll do our best to help :)

I see... I was just looking for a bit of friendly advice and also some tips to help me.

I have always had an interest in all things beauty, i have attended relevant training and college courses and gained certificates, i intend on completing more but have just had a little girl so didnt really want to commit myself to something full time when shes still so young.

Hi tamtam2012, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but nobody will reply on here unless ur Nvq or thereabouts qualified,
this is a little harsh, I've seen many a reply to folk training or enquiring about training by all sorts of geeks.

Tamtam, it seems that Most folk really recommend CND products and you can get these from sweet squared, as you are fully qualified you have to provide certificates to become a member but as I'm still in training I haven't got there yet, I'm sure once some more of our more geekily geeks log in they'll be able to offer more information.

Thanks Victoriabar, i really am genuinely here to to find out some good advice and tips to widen my experience and improve myself and my service, and im sorry but everyone has to learn dont they!?

Hi TamTam ... My suggestion is that you spend some fun time exploring this wonderful site and all it has to offer you, particularly in the articles and tutorials section; it is just full of factual great education if you are wanting to further your nail knowledge.

You will also be able to 'search' many subjects using the search facility. Loads to learn here.

Teaching is what we are here for on salon geek and particularly with background topics that you rarely get taught on college courses. We have all the time in the world here for genuine dedicated would be or established technicins .... We pretty much have zero tolerance for the 'Messers' (which I am sure you are not lol). Have fun! I'm sure no one meant to sound harsh. Sometimes the witten word can sound tougher than the writer meant ... You are most welcome here.

Last edited:
Hiya,

I came across this site on google after trying to search for some new products to try.

At the moment i am fully qualified in Acrylic Nail Extensions and have been experimenting with glitters.
I also do Nail Wraps.

I have been looking into doing some form of Gel polishes as they seem to be quite popular also rockstar nails, can you give me a few ideas and some advice? Where is best to get products? I have been using Naio for the time being but find their Acrylic liquid not as great as the one from Nail Zone which is who i trained with.

I am hoping to complete some more training in the next few months.
And just wondered really what other exciting things i can add to my business! I currently am mobile x

Your a professional so I am sure you will get many reply. I see most suggest Cnd and shellac.

There are people that train for years and are rubbish and sometimes there is a gem in the one day courses who have a flair. Don't presume anything!

I find spray tanning and eyelash extensions very popular at the moment. Maybe something u could consider.

I love to be the bearer of good news.... I'm sure most of us wish you luck and success in your future choices and training cx

Thanks Victoriabar, i really am genuinely here to to find out some good advice and tips to widen my experience and improve myself and my service, and im sorry but everyone has to learn dont they!?

Exactly. Everyone has to start
somewhere. Like Geeg has said... There's so much on here t

this is a little harsh, I've seen many a reply to folk training or enquiring about training by all sorts of geeks.

Tamtam, it seems that Most folk really recommend CND products and you can get these from sweet squared, as you are fully qualified you have to provide certificates to become a member but as I'm still in training I haven't got there yet, I'm sure once some more of our more geekily geeks log in they'll be able to offer more information.

I was just trying to say politely that a lot of people on here like to start arguements with people who arent fully qualified and it's not fair on them, we have all been there training and trying to learn, but nails has been the weirdest venture I have ever dipped into, full of dodgy courses and useless info, it's nice to c what level people r at before blinding them with science.

we're all still learning at any point.

Listen to geeg, brill info x

Since you already have an L&P qualification (I assume you also have manicure), it might be worth looking directly at gel polish/hybrid brands. Lots of us are finding that more and more clients are heading away from extensions and going for natural nails and a gel polish or hybrid.

There is absolutely loads to read here and everyone has their favourite. Top choices seem to be Gelish and Shellac. Personally, I love Gelish and Gelicure. If you can get yourself along to a beauty show its a great way to try everything out for yourself and then decide who to train with. Expect the initial investment to be quite high, but you should see a very quick return.

Once you have chosen a gel polish/hybrid you can experiment with rockstar.

Good luck

Just to add.. that i am a qualified Gel technician.. and havent yet done acrylics.. it took me over 9 months to do the basics.. not everyone decides to do all 3 systems in one go !!!

Sarah xx

Latest posts

Back