New idea for Calgel French!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I just wanted to let you know that I came across a pretty cool idea for calgel french and I wanted to share it with you all. If you mix color 02 (clear pink gel) with some "ice" gel, it look beautiful over french. I actually mixed a few scoops of the ice into my pot of 02 and mixed it real good and it looks fantastic, almost like a pale, opalescent shimmer. Try it and tell me what you think!!

Terri

Last edited:
Hi , I will try this...did you cure for 30, 2 or 3 mins

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a wirl:)

Thanks for the tip. I would imagine you would need to do a full cure because of the pink.

Mmmm thats what I was thinking...its always abit hit and miss when you mix things

Hi ladies,
I just wanted to let you know that I came across a pretty cool idea for calgel french and I wanted to share it with you all. If you mix color 02 (clear pink gel) with some "ice" gel, it look beautiful over french. I actually mixed a few scoops of the ice into my pot of 02 and mixed it real good and it looks fantastic, almost like a pale, opalescent shimmer. Try it and tell me what you think!!

Terri
do you have any pics?x

Sorry guys I don't have a picture. But as far as how it looks, its still very clear so I only cured for maybe 1 minute. It looks like sheer pink with a touch of opal shimmer is the best way I can describe it. Of course it depends on how much ice you add. If you are too nervous about adding it to your whole pot of 02, just mix a little together on a little plastic 2x2 and see what you think. I even put it over the white tips and it is very sheer still. But I only did 1 coat also. Let me know if any of you try it and what you think. If I am able to get a picture and hook it up to my computer I will def. send in some pics.

Thanks and good luck
Terri

btw, I got the idea because I saw the akzentz line has a pink opalescent top coat gel that you can put on french that is beautiful, so I thought hmmmmm, why not take the clear pink calgel and mix some shimmer into it. I bet if you took a dollop of the 04 and put it in the 02 that would be pretty too, just maybe a little pinker. But I like the ice alot.

Terri

Hey,

What pink does anyone use for their french manicures?? I'm choosing at the moment (with the help of the lovely new colorpop type chart!!) - was thinking maybe A33?

Kirsty x

/Users/Terri/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/calgel french/DSCN2441_2.JPG

Ok Sorry guys....I tried to send a picture but not sure exactly how to do it yet!

Latest posts

Back