New(ish) mobile beauty business-any advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza Doolittle

Reaction score
I am looking to hear from anyone with advice on setting up a new mobile beauty therapy business. I started my business in October 2005 (whilst also working full time) and whilst I have had some new clients-there is no rush to book me!! I have left some brochures in hairdressing salons and this has been fairly effective. Does anyone have any good business ideas(as I am not a business woman!) to help me along so that I have a thriving business, eventually. Thank you.:rolleyes:

I am looking to hear from anyone with advice on setting up a new mobile beauty therapy business. I started my business in October 2005 (whilst also working full time) and whilst I have had some new clients-there is no rush to book me!! I have left some brochures in hairdressing salons and this has been fairly effective. Does anyone have any good business ideas(as I am not a business woman!) to help me along so that I have a thriving business, eventually. Thank you.:rolleyes:
Hi and welcome,try doing a search on mobile beauty therapy,there's loads of info that is really helpful,above all be super organised,try creating a web site advertising your business,a magnetic car advert(seems very popular)yellow pages.HTH's

I think when setting up as mobile you need to be very patient as it can take quite some time for you to feel like you are getting any where.

Keep trying with all your different types of adverts and it will happen eventually - alot seem to be built up on word of mouth so keep trying to perfect what you do and you will get there eventually.

p.s forgot to add - have you done any skills updates/developments lately, it is amazing how much more motivation and new wind this can give you - especially if you have been trained for a long while.

For me it had to be word of mouth, when i first started out i did loads of offers, and either had no response or had one time clients that I never saw again ! It puts money in your pocket (not much) but its not very often you get a returning client and any money you do make usually covers your advertising cost.

Oh and the clients i did keep from special offers always ask for a discount on retail products or even services if they book more than one !! They don't get of course

Thanks for your replies everyone! I have done a lot of new courses in the last 3 years, to update my skills. I guess I should be patient and continue to increase my clientele.

It takes time to build up a new business (still at it) but word of mouth is so important. Have you thought of going into leisure centres, church groups etc. and doing a demo and a talk? People can see what you do and also have the opportunity to come chat to you afterwards about any problems or concerns they have. Its a nice way of reaching alot of people in the minimum amount of time.
you could also join the Pamper party company, they've put alot of work my way and encourage you to leave your cards etc. so another nice way of reaching new clients.
The Pamper Party - Home Pampering: Hen Parties & Girls Nights In
Make sure your listed on all the internet sites to do with beauty, local sites, weddding sites, therapy sites, Yell, thompsons etc.
Hope it all goes well for you xxx

It takes time to build up a new business (still at it) but word of mouth is so important. Have you thought of going into leisure centres, church groups etc. and doing a demo and a talk? People can see what you do and also have the opportunity to come chat to you afterwards about any problems or concerns they have. Its a nice way of reaching alot of people in the minimum amount of time.
you could also join the Pamper party company, they've put alot of work my way and encourage you to leave your cards etc. so another nice way of reaching new clients.
The Pamper Party - Home Pampering: Hen Parties & Girls Nights In
Make sure your listed on all the internet sites to do with beauty, local sites, weddding sites, therapy sites, Yell, thompsons etc.
Hope it all goes well for you xxx

the pamper party company sounds fab!
I'm gonna look into it!

I think you'll find quite a few geeks work for them here. They're very organised and always pay as soon as they receive your invoice.
Plus, they pay for your breaks:) Yup, manicure, break, manicure, break, so cool:)

I think you'll find quite a few geeks work for them here. They're very organised and always pay as soon as they receive your invoice.
Plus, they pay for your breaks:) Yup, manicure, break, manicure, break, so cool:)

I do loads of work for them to, they also don't just take on beauty therapists. Nail techs, holistic & massage therapists also included. Infact im doing a party Saturday and im the only beauty therapist the rest do nails only :)
Also if you have to go further that 15 miles (i think) they pay travel expenses to.

Latest posts

Back