New logo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm, honestly, I prefer the first set of logos I have to say.

The wisp of hair that goes across the face on this one, reminds me of a muppet face!

beaker-muppet2.jpg

And, the hair on this logo, doesn't say extensions to me either. More before-extensions.

Thanks for your feedback, as I said after my exams I want to offer all hair services so I don't want something too extension specific. :)

Hmmmm, honestly, I prefer the first set of logos I have to say.

The wisp of hair that goes across the face on this one, reminds me of a muppet face!

View attachment 44214

I've just realised what you were looking at. It's not a wisp of hair, that's the outline of her shoulder :D

Sent from my HTC One mini using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just realised what you were looking at. It's not a wisp of hair, that's the outline of her shoulder :D

Sent from my HTC One mini using SalonGeek mobile app

LOL! I've just twisted my head round and kind of think I see a shoulder, but all I can see is Beaker's face. I'm so sorry! :)

At the end of the day you must go with whatever logo you like best.

The first one for me, was edgier, and funkier, and I agree with some other comments that I would like to see it in a different colour way as well.

This one is a bit old fashioned. I don't know, but it doesn't work as well for me as the first ones. That was just a little bit special I thought :)

I think the first set look like a football emblem

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

All I can see in the second design is a sad face rather than a shoulder. My favourite is the last of the first lot.

The second design looks like a sad face. I like the first set, particularly the last one.

Jemima :)

From a techical point of view I prefer the latest version. Took me ages to see the "face" but once I'd seen it I couldn't UN-see it :)

Have you thought about doing something more abstract? As I said before, just because you'll be doing hair doesn't mean you have to a pictorial represension of hair. The logos purpose isn't to explain what you do- its purpose is to quickly communicate the "ethos" of your brand.

Have a look around the web, have a look on my site and my FB page and you'll see lots pf techniques for communicating different messages.

We can do that via colour, font choice, embellishments (or lack of) etc etc.

When people come to me for a logo I ask for three words that they'd choose to "sum up" how they want to be portrayed and very importantly who you're trying to attract. You might want to do that, and work backwards from there.

Hope that helps :) Got your pvt message for me to pop back on.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your response. We both really appreciate it. I think you're right, I'll do some more research and try to pin down exactly what I want from my logo. :D

I love the last one of the first set. Just maybe a diff colour as you have already said. Good luck

I definitely prefer the first design as opposed to the latest, i don't want to be mean as your boyfriends obviously been working hard on it but i think i looks really old fashioned.
Xxx

Just thought I'd update on this, we ditched the picture logo for now and went for just text. This is what we came up with and I love it!

Attachments

• Leaflet 03-01.jpg
    Leaflet 03-01.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Back