New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to give up work today! My bump is constantly really sore when I'm carrying all my boxes and leaning over baths and sinks! Been getting bad lower back pain and shooting pains down my legs. So I think enough is enough now. Still got 8 weeks to go but Iv still got lots of stuff to keep me busy! X

Hi I've just found out I'm pregnant, so excited. I'm 5 weeks at the moment so early days but just wondering if there any treatments I should avoid doing in early pregnancy? Not sure about spray tanning etc. Also I'm due to have my hair highlighted next week and was going to have olaplex for the first time any hair geeks no if this is safe? Many thanks Katie xx
Anyone?? Xx

Anyone?? Xx
Hi Katie, congrats on your pregnancy and hope you are feeling good! Can't comment on the hair but re beauty treatments I decided to give up spray tanning when I fell pregnant. I did speak to Sienna X about it and they assured me that as the products are natural it would be safe to continue using them throughout pregnancy I just didn't feel comfortable with it. If they advice against spray tanning a client for the first trimester than why don't they have the same recommendations for the therapist. The other treatment I stopped was pedicures as my back was suffering with the bending too much and bump was going to get in the way. I'm now 33 weeks and will be working up to 35 weeks, waxing is getting to be a struggle now but didn't want to give up work too early as I'd only be bored.
Hope that helps
Xx

Congratulations! Not sure on olaplex but having colour done will be fine. They just say your hormones can effect the outcome of your colour xx

Fab thank you xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444916519.857024.jpg

I'm now 12+3 with our first baby. Due on 27th April. We find out sex in December the day before my birthday :) xx

Anyone?? Xx
Hi
Your main concern is your posture when providing treatments, heavy lifting etc
Avoid over exposing yourself to any hazardous chemicals you work with, that means inhaling & skin contact.

If you continue to do spray tans I'd limit the amount you do in a day, whilst the spray may be totally safe & natural resting on your skin it's the inhaling that causes potential hazards. You should wear goggles & a mask & the room should be well ventilated.

Enjoy being pregnant [emoji4]
Hth
Kt

Finally stopped work I am exhausted. Hopefully get a few days of rest before baby comes. (Due in 3 days ) eek! x

Wow Shaz you did so well to work right up until the end of your pregnancy! Any signs of baby coming yet?

Wow Shaz you did so well to work right up until the end of your pregnancy! Any signs of baby coming yet?
Thankyou it wasn't easy, especially the last two weeks as haven't been sleeping well but had to work as late as possible so as not to lose too much income. No signs,Not that I have noticed other than feeling a bit heavier n slowing down. Please don't be late baby! (Well I will allow one or two days lol) how long do u all have left now x

Last edited:
I have 14 weeks and 5 days left [emoji30] suffering with SPD so that feels like a long time!

I have 14 weeks and 5 days left [emoji30] suffering with SPD so that feels like a long time!
Oh I feel for u! I have it too but only got bad recently. Hope it flies in for u x

Oh I know your pain, I'm 31 weeks on Wednesday and the pain is awful, have you started physio yet? I start mine this week xx

I had it in my last pregnancy when i was carrying twins, but this time its much worse, I started getting pain before I was even 12 weeks and it has got worse and worse since then. I am still waiting for a physio appointment.

It took my midwife to chase my appointment up! I've been told of the pain gets worse you can ask to be induced at 38 weeks only if your consultant seems fit, it gets to the point where walking is just a no go and you can't get out of bed it that's painful X

I'm 32 weeks and 3 days with back pain just on the right side which is driving me crazy! With the odd pain at the top of my legs which stops me walking sometimes ! I woke up today just feeling down and ended up crying for about 10 minutes for no reason I just want to finish work now I feel so crap x

I posted a couple of months ago that and and the OH were going to try again after trying on and off for 3 years.

Well I got the biggest shock of my life yesterday. Period was 1 day late so did a test and it came back positive so I'm 4 weeks 2 days!! I knew I was because how awful I feel.

I start a new job next week so that should be fun. Not sure how I am going to tell them.

I find it strange thinking about a baby being in the house again. Doesn't feel real yet!

Me too! Feel like I'm leaving it all last minute but just doesn't seem real!

Last edited:
I posted a couple of months ago that and and the OH were going to try again after trying on and off for 3 years.

Well I got the biggest shock of my life yesterday. Period was 1 day late so did a test and it came back positive so I'm 4 weeks 2 days!! I knew I was because how awful I feel.

I start a new job next week so that should be fun. Not sure how I am going to tell them.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So pleased for you re the new job...:: not sure on that one but take it easy. Keep us updated xxx

I'm 32 weeks and 3 days with back pain just on the right side which is driving me crazy! With the odd pain at the top of my legs which stops me walking sometimes ! I woke up today just feeling down and ended up crying for about 10 minutes for no reason I just want to finish work now I feel so crap x

This sounds like sciatica, perhaps see your GP or Midwife, pain like that is no fun

Latest posts

Back