New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited! Can't wait to meet our little girl. Not fed up yet but fed up of everyone asking if she's here yet xx

It gets a little frustrating doesn't it!! Well try to rest as much as poss before she arrives!! Good luck with the birth and keep us posted!! Xx

I hated when everyone would ask me if she's here yet! I was 7 days late and they were the longest 7 days ever! Lol x

So frustrating. Mother in law is checking in on me twice a day. There's not a chance we are going to be able to get through labour without anyone knowing, I just want peace and quiet and to not be pestered constantly asking if she's here yet. [emoji30] I'm sure Im going to end up way over xx

So frustrating. Mother in law is checking in on me twice a day. There's not a chance we are going to be able to get through labour without anyone knowing, I just want peace and quiet and to not be pestered constantly asking if she's here yet. [emoji30] I'm sure Im going to end up way over xx

Poor you. Sounds like your partner needs to be on 'door duty' when you're in hospital. That's a bit too much unless you've invited her to attend the birth?

She sounds the complete opposite of me. :)

We waited until our son & daughter-in-law contacted us to let us know when our grandson was born. I wouldn't dream of being a pushy mum-in-law and I wait until we were invited to visit which was at the same time as daughter-in-law's parents, which was nice.

At least she's interested lol my mother in law couldn't be bothered coming to see when my first was born, never wants to see her now and when she found out I am now pregnant again rolled her eyes and said oh I thought you wouldn't have any more. Could see her brain working thinking great another child I have to make excuses that I don't want to see- I know you find it annoying but would love someone mithering me if the baby's here yet etc lol

Husbands sister had her little one last June but only had a 4 hour labour- midnight til 4am. Mum in law didn't find out til she woke in the morning and she keeps saying to us that she doesn't want to be left in the dark again. She wouldn't turn up til we tell her she's born but I just hate been checked on constantly.
Not a chance she will be coming to the birth. My own mum hasn't once asked me if any things happening yet, I wish everyone would just leave you to it xx

At least she's interested lol my mother in law couldn't be bothered coming to see when my first was born, never wants to see her now and when she found out I am now pregnant again rolled her eyes and said oh I thought you wouldn't have any more. Could see her brain working thinking great another child I have to make excuses that I don't want to see- I know you find it annoying but would love someone mithering me if the baby's here yet etc lol

Aww I don't know how anyone could be that bad!

I sound really ungrateful but I'm only 2 days over and she's been pestering for the last 2 weeks [emoji30] xx

30 weeks tomorrow and can't remember the last time I slept properly [emoji30] so uncomfortable.

Need to have the whooping cough injection next week & another blood test. I've Been putting it off for ages, I'm so scared of needles [emoji24]

How are you all getting on? x

Just seen this post, I'm a bit late on it as I'm due on the 7th!
I feel like a whale now :( and had to take it easy after about 25 weeks as I can't stand most smells so I have been working less and had blood pressure issues so was ordered to rest more [emoji17]

Whooping cough injection was fine, I didn't feel a thing! I dislike blood tests though and if baby isn't out before Thursday then I have to have another blood test to check my iron levels [emoji27] x

I'm so jealous of the ladies that are so close!! I'm 32 weeks and it feels a life time away! I'm not big but the baby is so low it feels so uncomfortable!! I can't walk without bringing on really strong BH and just wish I could speed time up a little so it's time for her to come!! Chasing two other girlies around feeling like this one is about to fall out is horrid!! Xx

Due on the 17th! [emoji51] hope they don't keep me waiting too long!

I need help ladies!! 20 week scan on Wednesday, and after consistently telling everyone we will not be finding out the sex I have now found myself soooo tempted to know!
Both our families started out saying they didn't want us to know and now they have all changed their tune, which is making the decision so much harder [emoji30]
So my question is.....whether you found out the sex or not, what were your main reasons or what swayed you to make the decision?
All opinions are welcome [emoji5]️ xxx

I need help ladies!! 20 week scan on Wednesday, and after consistently telling everyone we will not be finding out the sex I have now found myself soooo tempted to know!
Both our families started out saying they didn't want us to know and now they have all changed their tune, which is making the decision so much harder [emoji30]
So my question is.....whether you found out the sex or not, what were your main reasons or what swayed you to make the decision?
All opinions are welcome [emoji5]️ xxx

We're having a surprise! It was very tempting to find out at the 20 wk scan and we also had a 4D scan at 30 wks and it was tempting then too, but we thought we've come this far and it would be disappointing to find out so near the end. (38 wks now)
I also think pregnancy is all about the woman so I really want my husband to know what the sex is first and to be able to tell me so it's something for him. Hope that helps, it'll be worth the wait and may even spur you on through the birth to finally find out what they are! Xox

I was desperate to know the sex, im very impatient and i wanted to buy pink or blue! Neutral colours dont overly excite me and i still find with unisex stuff they can be more suited to a boy or girl. If you can't decide why don't the person doing your scan to write it on a bit of paper and you can put it in a sealed envelope. That way you can hold out on finding out the sex but if you get really desperate then you can open the envelope and find out. Would be awful if after your scan you wished you had found out and you couldn't.

Well scan day is here!
I ended up letting my hubby have the final decision, as it's been a bit of a crappy week (we lost his grandad [emoji17])

and here HE is......
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462387696.497146.jpg

Even if we hadn't wanted to know, baby made the choice for us, he was definitely not being shy and showing off in all his glory so you couldn't miss the little thing [emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:
Our little girl arrived on Saturday at 40+3. She is 7lb 12oz.
A perfect 13 hour labour. Woke at 5.40am and went for a wee, got back in bed and felt a pain from hip to hip. 10 mins later I got another and realised what it was after 3 pains. Stayed in bed dozing til 9. Had paracetamol and got in the bath at 10am and waters went in there at 11am. Got to hospital and was assessed at 1.15pm 3-4cm. Sent for a walk and dinner. More waters went before getting out of hospital grounds so back in. Paracetamol and dihydrocodiene at 2.30pm. Got in pool at 3.30pm by 4.45pm I was 9cm. And she came into the world at 6.27pm.

The best feeling ever

Attachments

• received_10208044167094727.jpeg
    received_10208044167094727.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 50
Our little girl arrived on Saturday at 40+3. She is 7lb 12oz.
A perfect 13 hour labour. Woke at 5.40am and went for a wee, got back in bed and felt a pain from hip to hip. 10 mins later I got another and realised what it was after 3 pains. Stayed in bed dozing til 9. Had paracetamol and got in the bath at 10am and waters went in there at 11am. Got to hospital and was assessed at 1.15pm 3-4cm. Sent for a walk and dinner. More waters went before getting out of hospital grounds so back in. Paracetamol and dihydrocodiene at 2.30pm. Got in pool at 3.30pm by 4.45pm I was 9cm. And she came into the world at 6.27pm.

The best feeling ever
Congratulations shes gorgeous!!! Xx

Congratulations!! [emoji7] xx

Latest posts

Back