New Programme - The Nail Technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connoisseur

Reaction score
I was sitting watching Lee Stafford on 'The Hairdresser' and suddenly had an idea for a new reality TV show...'The Nail Technician.'

It would run along the same lines as Lee Stafford's show and The Apprentice. Ten hopefuls battle it out to follow a top nail technician for a year (Leighton Denny perhaps??)

Now this, of course, is all just my wild idea, but it could work and I'm sure there would be no shortage of techies willing to apply; and even top techs wanting the exposure.

So, I'm gonna get in touch with some friends in high places (well they will be friends soon enough!) and see what happens...watch this space.

why mr denny so many better techs out there

ksmoores said:
why mr denny so many better techs out there

Being a fairly new technician, he's the first one that I thought of. I'm sure we could think of others...suggest some names

connoisseur said:
I was sitting watching Lee Stafford on 'The Hairdresser' and suddenly had an idea for a new reality TV show...'The Nail Technician.'

It would run along the same lines as Lee Stafford's show and The Apprentice. Ten hopefuls battle it out to follow a top nail technician for a year (Leighton Denny perhaps??)

Now this, of course, is all just my wild idea, but it could work and I'm sure there would be no shortage of techies willing to apply; and even top techs wanting the exposure.

So, I'm gonna get in touch with some friends in high places (well they will be friends soon enough!) and see what happens...watch this space.

What a great idea:idea:

i think its a good idea aswell:)

Well, I've just sent out an emails to programme makers. One of the ladies at my church works for Freemantle media (the makers of The Apprentice), so I'm gonna have a word with her as well.

Leighton is great but I would rather shadow GMG :)

Think it's good idea this, but the problem is that the average Joe bloggs on the street won't know who any of these top techs are.
And from previous reality shows, they have recognizable names (with the exception of Big Brother), so whilst I would love to see it happen, I don't think it will, well not yet anyway. Hope I will be proved wrong on this.
God, aren't I a PESSIMIST!!!!

well saberina from ez flow has done it before........ ummmm and she was good

I think its a heck of a good idea:!:

Why not? It has to be better then some of the crap, they call a "show" out there. All you have to do is advertise for auditions, for either just UK or post it, worldwide. Have a trial competition, then so many of them make it to the semi's or whatever, kinda like American Idol. You could get a hold of all the major nail magazines, and pick judges from their top techs. Maybe the grand prize could be, money, a job with a major magazine, or something along those lines. Heck, if they have major dance competitions for ballroom, why not for nails. Has to be better then that stupid show they have out called, "so you think you can dance" or "big brother". I've even seen shows on bartending competitions. Just my opinion, don't kill me if you like the show.

I say GO FOR IT!!! What have to got to lose? Absolutely nothing!

You have my support!

ok it sounds good but why a nail technician what about a beautician or both and i am sure other beauticians on here would agree with me as they also have qualifications in nails and beauty

michelle monks said:
Think it's good idea this, but the problem is that the average Joe bloggs on the street won't know who any of these top techs are.
And from previous reality shows, they have recognizable names (with the exception of Big Brother), so whilst I would love to see it happen, I don't think it will, well not yet anyway. Hope I will be proved wrong on this.
God, aren't I a PESSIMIST!!!!

I'd never heard of Lee Stafford (The Hairdresser) or the Speakmans (A life coach less ordinary), but that didn't stop me from watching it both programmes. I don't think it realy matters about 'who' the top tech is, so long as the provide good entertainment for the viewers.

jenny34 said:
ok it sounds good but why a nail technician what about a beautician or both and i am sure other beauticians on here would agree with me as they also have qualifications in nails and beauty

Why a nail technician? Because there havent been any programmes about nails. The 'beauty' aspect was kinda covered (albeit in brief) by Jade's salon and the Hairdresser.

And the behind the scenes aspect of it isn't something the average joe would know about. It's a good opportunity to educate the public. Get them in the know about NSS and the like.

And because this is a 'nail forum', hence the reason I posted it on here

it's a fab idea, providing it can be screened on 'terrestrial tv' as opposed to just Sky, or maybe the free Sky channels as most peeps have that now, if it's on a subscription channel then less people will be able to watch it and learn from it!

connoisseur said:
Why a nail technician? Because there havent been any programmes about nails. The 'beauty' aspect was kinda covered (albeit in brief) by Jade's salon and the Hairdresser.

And the behind the scenes aspect of it isn't something the average joe would know about. It's a good opportunity to educate the public. Get them in the know about NSS and the like.

And because this is a 'nail forum', hence the reason I posted it on here

This is exactly my thoughts too, why not a programme just for nails? We are skilled and passionate about what we do, so why can't we have a programme exclusively about what rocks our boat??! :)

Marian Newman
Andrea Fullerton

They could make the Professional Nails catwalk competition a highlight of it as Marian and Andrea are involved in that and fashion week involved as well London & Paris..

What a fantastic idea...how exciting, it must happen!

i think its great and it should definitely be all about nails ONLY!

Beauty is on overkill constantly now with all these programmes.... Jade Goody... 10 years younger... etc etc...

Nails Only would be great - after all, so many people get their nails done and so many people are nail technicians. Would appeal to loads of women and you don't have to be stick thin to have nice nails!

Latest posts

Back