new salon needs help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bohemianbeauty

Reaction score
i am opening my salon in a week and have no product ranges or insurance etc done - nothing, not that i am lazy only i have just signed the papers today. If you know of any products - face - body - nails and rnages that are good please let me know. thank you.#
ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
Gemma

1 week is not long enough to do thorough research into which is the best products around. What products are you using now?

Everybody will have different opinions on what is the best so the advice I would follow is for you to try lots of different products and perhaps go along to the beauty trade shows and speak to the suppliers there and see who you like and who you dont like.

The next one is in Excel, London in early March - I know it doesnt help you in the short term but I dont want you to waste money on buying products and finding that you dont like them in a few weeks time.

hi congratulations!!!

well there are so many you could do a search on here as alot of geeks including myself have covered your questions before.
personally i love creative & opi polish
and im looking to start using the eve taylor facial range, quite well priced.

let us know how you get on and post some pics of your new salon.

good luck!

Insurance should be your first priority as without it you shouldn't be opening the doors, so try and get that sorted asap.

As far as products, you can use the products you trained with for the first while as a week isn't too long to get a new brand.

Try as the other girls mentioned and play with other brands and see what you like. Phone some of the companies and ask for some of their brochures and details.

Congrats on the new salon and I hope it's a great success.

Well done,

You're in for an exciting time.

Keep us updated on how it goes

Cheers

Pete

As has already been said, the first job is to sort out your insurance. I use Professional Beauty and I know the Guild will offer insurance too.
Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Insurance
Beauty Guild : Home

As for product ranges, that is going to depend an awful lot on what budget you have. What products have you used previously, what did you like/dislike about them? Do a search on here for skin care and you'll find lots of threads asking the same question.

As Teresa said, I fear that 1 week isn't going to be long enough.

Good luck though, it's an exciting time! :hug:

Hey there!!
Im opening my own salon shortly not (April i hope)

It`s all a fab learning curve i`ve already made a few mistakes with product purchases but bear in mind many salons change their products as they go along as they gain understanding of their own market and demographic and what they are good at doing!!!

Dont expect to get everything right first off just learn from it all!!

Best of luck hun i too would love to look at any piccies of salon i`m incredible nosey!!!
Love scratch pads !! (Subscribe to scratch if you dont already you get loads of ideas from that!!!)

Why don't you have a look at the SpaRitual stand when you are at Professional Beauty (If you are going!:lol:). They have a gorgeous manicure/pedicure range which doubles up for body treatments too as its a multi purpose ramge. Their nail lacquers are nice, they have a wide range and they are DBP free.
Good luck! xx

why you dont you just stick to what your currently using. If your happy with your current brand, theres no need to start changing!!

Surely starting new product ranges may only add to the list of 'things to do' and i'm guessing you already have plenty to get on with!! lol.

you might not want the stress or having any hiccups with new ranges aswell.

So how did your salon opening go?

D'oh, didnt even look at the date this was started lol. :smack:

i am opening my salon in a week and have no product ranges or insurance etc done - nothing, not that i am lazy only i have just signed the papers today. If you know of any products - face - body - nails and rnages that are good please let me know. Thank you.#
any help would be much appreciated.
Gemma

hi

if you have a small budjet you could try and look into algologie skin care and body treatments.

Last edited:
well guys thanks for all your help but had major problems with my orevious employer threatening to bad mouth my name and salon so i had to cut it lose. Something like that you just cant shake off so have moved locations and now open in 3 weeks but still back to square one lol.

As for the SPArituals I personally think they are a waste of money and not even that good to be honest, only the packaging is worth it!

For my facial range I have tried loads but now as I lost x amounts of pounds pulling out of the last place I am on a budget but the lowest start up price i can get for a face range ( i need a body range also) is £2500 with Gerards.

Are there any other with cheaper start up prices?

Eve Taylor is another very respected skincare range which has a superbly reasonable start up cost.

https://www.eve-taylor.com/Index.aspx

good luck with everything, I hope it works out for you. :hug:

Germaine De Cappuccini is great I have been using it for 10 years .

Ruby

Look Around For Your Face And Body Products. I Know Algologie Set Up Is A Lot Less Than That .pm Me For Details

Latest posts

Back