New Shellac collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
Aww not really feeling it.

The colours look like those from the nude collection and open road collection with an azure wish thrown in.

Love shellac in terms of working with it and it being hypoallergenic but it's been a while since I've felt inspired by any new colours. Would love to see something a bit more whacky....like a purple type version of ruby ritz. I dunno just something more irresistible really.

I knowwww we got additives etc but surely if a new collection is released it's worth giving us something a bit different.

Still love you cnd. Just sayin!

I thought the same when I seen them earlier all so similar to what I already have

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is the new collection called and when is it scheduled for UK release?
Thank you.

It's flora and fauna and we get it in January.

It's flora and fauna and we get it in January.

Thank you. I am not sure about the Green or Blue, I will have to wait and see, but I do like the others, and the additives look great.

Last edited:
I will only be ordering 4 of the six. The green and Blue are too close to Sage Scarf and Azure Wish.
As with the last collection, two were much the same! In Gilded Dreams, Chiffon Twirl and Grand Gala are very similar. Grand Gala can be layered though as it is translucent.
I am thrilled that they ARE coming out with new colours!

Hi are there any Shellac / sweet squared people out there in the know.... The big shellac starter kit with 2 lamps has vanished over night. :/ xx

Yep I'm not feeling it either. Literally looked at it & thought 'oh. Definitely don't see the need for the green one & the rest look like a mixture of Open Road/Gilded Dreams

Hopefully when swatches are posted they will look more exciting :)

Sadly nothing that particularly enticed me.

I agree that a ruby ritz style purple and other colours of that ilk would be much more what I was looking for but I will wait to see if they jump out at me in the flesh before I commit or decline to buy.

A purple version of ruby ritz would be amazing also an emerald green? Or a teal!!! Everything's a bit safe and sameish will still buy a couple of them though :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using SalonGeek mobile app

I groan everytime I see a new shellac colour collection!

I so just want some cream block colours.... Teal, peach, barbie pink etc.

On the plus side, my mum and nan will be well chuffed lol
X

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I would never leave cnd but I feel my loyalties are being tested by other ranges being so adventurous and I can't help but feel jealous of salons using other brands for that reason. :( come on cnd! Keep at the top of your game! New ideas, new colours please x

I'm cnd through and through because I depend on not getting an allergic reaction but I look at some of the gellish colours released and can't help feel envious of those lol!

Feel very much the same... Was just a "meh" from me about the new colours.
I'm more excited about the Cinderella gelish colours coming next year.... And I don't even have any gelish.... Yet!
Come on CND be more adventurous next time round!

They've listened to our pleas of peach :) but I'm not really enthused.

The additives do look nice, just wish they'd stop doing limited additions though. :(

In saying that, the bottle images don't always add up to the colour inside. Chiffon Twirl and Locket Locket didn't inspire me, but they are very pretty in the flesh.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmmm ho hum more samey colours... the only ones I'm looking forward to are Salmon Run and Pressed Peta... A bit disappointed, I would have loved some really sparkly ones, or bright neons, or bright teals and purples! Does anyone have a link to the pics of the additives?

Attachments

• 1417482343722.jpg
    1417482343722.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 744
Wild moss looks like frosted glen in that picture. The blue looks to similar to azure.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I actually really like them, very chic and understated. Not everyone wants really bright, glittery nails all of the time. I'm hoping that one of these will be my wedding colour next year.

I would love a tiffany blue! I think the peachy colours look nice but the others son't jump out at me.

Latest posts

Back