New Shellac collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also watched Liverpoollashes video and liked what "hummingbird" can do. But you can't buy it as a single additive - is that right? X

Correct, all the additives come as a set

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have also watched Liverpoollashes video and liked what "hummingbird" can do. But you can't buy it as a single additive - is that right? X

I also wanted hummingbird but couldn't see it as a single option :(

Yippeeee. My order of Shellac Flora Fauna/and additives arrived up today.
Sorry if this has been covered previously in another thread, but has anyone seen an explanation as to why the size of the new spring/summer additives is so much smaller (on average 50% less per pot) than previous additive collections?

Last edited:
Yippeeee. My order of Shellac Flora Fauna/and additives arrived up today.
Sorry if this has been covered previously in another thread, but has anyone seen an explanation as to why the size of the new spring/summer additives is so much smaller (on average 50% less per pot) than previous additive collections?

From what I remember the pots are filled by weight, so the heavier the additive the less in the pot.

Karaxxx

Thing is they look alot smaller pots and same price as bigger pots 😔 i still had to buy them though 😝

From what I remember the pots are filled by weight, so the heavier the additive the less in the pot.

Karaxxx

Thank you for your response.
Yes that's what I thought.
I understand that the weight does vary slightly depending on whether the product was pigment, glitter or additive.
The 50% reduction question that I posed was based on looking at previous pots weight in g against those in the new collection. I looked at 10 old pots against the 5 new, comparing, additive, pigment and glitter and the average weight ratio in the new pots has reduced by approx 50%.

Oh wow that's amazing. If that's the case then it doesn't surprise me as it's the same with everything from shampoo to chocolate, smaller size for same or more money!!!

Karaxxx

I got my order on Saturday and I'm loving them all!!! Except for the green, didn't order it as greens a shelf sitters for me, but clients are going to love the rest 💋

Does anyone have any pictures of the new collection. I am not going to buy them all this time, but finding it harder than I thought to choose.
Thank you.

Thing is they look alot smaller pots and same price as bigger pots 😔 i still had to buy them though 😝

I didn't get them, they looked tiny! Nice but I'm sure I'll end up with them cause they looked so nice x

Does anyone have any pictures of the new collection. I am not going to buy them all this time, but finding it harder than I thought to choose.
Thank you.

There are some of the new shellac shades on this thread of you have a search through you'll find them - I don't know how to link it to you sorry!

Thank you.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420537909.767014.jpg

I only brought these two. Hth

For the first time ever i havent bought this collection, more pastel shades......my clients want more pinks and purples, more brights, more different colours!!! Not the same colour in different shades.....

I have had to look for another option to shellac as clients are bored with them even though i have all the additives and over 100 glitters....sometimes they just want a plain colour in a nice cream......after spending the last year looking for an alternative i found perfect match and gelosophy gel polish.....gorgeous colours incuding glitters, effects and colour changing and comes off even quicker than shellac!!!! I was a cnd girl and still love the product BUT cant keep using the same pinks and purples and trying to make them look different!!

I have had bio sculpture in salon for a few years and the new shellac colours are like a collection bio brought out a few years ago

I've not bought them either. I showed them to my clients who like some of them but not until nearer the summer so I'm waiting rather than having stock on my shelf that I won't use.

I've not bought them either. I showed them to my clients who like some of them but not until nearer the summer so I'm waiting rather than having stock on my shelf that I won't use.

Ive still got the last collection sitting on my shelf and some of the one before!! Ive got alk the oranges and pastels, cant use them. Definitely wish i hadnt bought last set

I liked the Forbidden collection and clients liked the Intimates collection. The Paradise collection was OK but I didn't bother with the yellow or green, but nobody wants/wanted the Open Road one which funnily enough was this time of year again!

Come on CND if you want to keep us/clients interested, give us what we're asking/begging for or we will go elsewhere!!!

Karaxxx

I liked the Forbidden collection and clients liked the Intimates collection. The Paradise collection was OK but I didn't bother with the yellow or green, but nobody wants/wanted the Open Road one which funnily enough was this time of year again!

Come on CND if you want to keep us/clients interested, give us what we're asking/begging for or we will go elsewhere!!!

Karaxxx

The last two have been my least popular collections apart from Plum Paisley and Crimson Sash...I'm now letting clients choose what I buy as at least then they'll be used!

The last two have been my least popular collections apart from Plum Paisley and Crimson Sash...I'm now letting clients choose what I buy as at least then they'll be used!

I agree, I've printed off the colours and no one was interested, they all said "Oh no not more pastels, yellows and greens!". However, I've bought Fox Field and Fragrant Freesia as I think some will like these nudes, not me personally LOL.

Amazingly Fine Vermilion has been a huge hit but I think its because it not a flat bright or pastel orange. Its much more substantial with being a rich metallic colour.

Karaxxx

I actually quite like all the colours,I ordered 4 of them but not dandelion or the green. Fragrant freesia is very pretty and has a sparkle to it. I ordered the additives,they are smaller pots but they were cheaper. My clients have loved the forbidden collection!
I would definitely like to see some more brights or neons 😊

Who distributes le chat?x

Latest posts

Back