New Shellac colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clareg

Reaction score
I was dissappointed today when I went to collect my new shellac colours. The green is less emerald and more dirty browny green. There is a couple of the others im not too keen but think they might grow on me. That said the overtly onyx and ruby ritz are amazing still waiting for vexed violet, what are your thoughts on the new colours.

I was dissappointed today when I went to collect my new shellac colours. The green is less emerald and more dirty browny green. There is a couple of the others im not too keen but think they might grow on me. That said the overtly onyx and ruby ritz are amazing still waiting for vexed violet, what are your thoughts on the new colours.

Actually Clare we have had terrific feedback - maybe you need to see them on. There are a lot of posts on here already and we sold out in 2 days (although we had them back in stock with only a day missing)... the colours are A/W so meant to be dark and sultry as opposed to bright... the Vexed Violette is the one I thought I would like the least - and think I like the best (although currently I am sporting Faux Fur)....:idea:

Yes seeing them on a full set of nails often shows them off and I have had colours I was not keen on before and loved them once they were on. Im looking forward to the vexed violet even more now. I am currently sporting sugared spice with black konad leopard print which are fabulous! I have the new shellac rack and am excited about putting the new colours on:lol:

Everyone of my clients love the new A/W colors, and are struggling to pick which color they want to wear, they love them all!!!! And when it comes to pretty poison, without exception, they've all said "Hmmmmm i wouldn't normally wear green, but that color is just gorgeous" :D x

ive had great feedback so far with vexed violet, midnight swim and pretty poison being the favourites. the layering and nail design possibilities are endless and as said they are winter colours

i have to say that every time new colours come out i feel a little disappointed until i see them on!!

Are you all doing just 2 coats of ruby ritz and tinsel toast? I've done 2 coats on the colour pops and they're not as opaque as I hoped so just wondered what everyone's been doing? 3 coats or layered over something?
Thanks x

What happens when you then put the colour pop against your nail?

I havn't got the duo yet, but you get a more realistic view when you are not looking at a colour that is painted onto an originally clear pop against a light background of a room.

I'm loving the new colours. I have to be honest and in the beginning when I first saw them I was a little disappointed but they have turned out to be popular with clients. I find the colours appear darker on the nail than they do on colour pops. Loving layering ruby ritz or tinsel toast on almost every colour. I'm currently wearing midnight swim with a layer of ruby ritz.

What happens when you then put the colour pop against your nail?

I havn't got the duo yet, but you get a more realistic view when you are not looking at a colour that is painted onto an originally clear pop against a light background of a room.
They're still not full opaque which is why I'm wondering if people are doing 3 coats of them instead of 2? or layering ruby ritz over red baroness possibly and maybe tinsel toast over iced cappuccino????

I've been layering ruby ritz over darks and reds and tinsel toast looks divine over hotski or iced cappuccino and also over darks. The two glitters are so popular I hope we have more in the future.

I have to say out of all the colours that have been released these 8 have been my favourite i love them all :) whereas before there has always been one or two i didnt like, but love love them all this time :)

I'm already worrying about when I run out of the duo!! My clients have absolutely loved them over the last week! Going to get some more from the show next week to keep some in stock :)

I'm loving the new colours. I have to be honest and in the beginning when I first saw them I was a little disappointed but they have turned out to be popular with clients. I find the colours appear darker on the nail than they do on colour pops. Loving layering ruby ritz or tinsel toast on almost every colour. I'm currently wearing midnight swim with a layer of ruby ritz.

Would love to see this if you have a picture

They're still not full opaque which is why I'm wondering if people are doing 3 coats of them instead of 2? or layering ruby ritz over red baroness possibly and maybe tinsel toast over iced cappuccino????

Try the ruby ritz over decadence..............gorgeous, gives a really deep blood red claret colour.

When I first saw the new colours, I was the first to moan about how boring and unexciting they seemed to be. The bottles do them NO justice what so ever and you must apply them to a person to see the correct colour. I have all 8 new shades and I can honestly say, I could not live without them.

LOVE Overtly Onyx, reminds me of wet look leggings, I wouldn't say that Pretty Poison was a "dirty" colour, I would say very rich and regal. I was disappointed with the faux fur at first but, it is fab and more like a milk chocolate colour. Looks fab with silver or gold VIP layered over.

Try the ruby ritz over decadence..............gorgeous, gives a really deep blood red claret colour.

Are you all just layering the duo then? Anyone using them on their own? 2 or 3 coats?
Thanks

I haven't used tinsel toast alone yet but this is 2 coats of Ruby Ritz
picture.php

I haven't used tinsel toast alone yet but this is 2 coats of Ruby Ritz
picture.php
Lovely! Thanks. Maybe it will look more opaque on the nail then and I'm just being a stress head x

I can honestly say all my shellac clients this week have all gone for one of the new colours and I haven't even had a chance to do any layering yet.

Favourites seem to be vexed violet, midnight swim and overtly onyx, although maybe thats because subconciously I rave about them as I am in love with them!! I've even just ordered a dress for christmas from phase eight because I think it would look lovely with Midnight Swim nails!!!

Least favourite of mine are faux fur and sugared spice, not because I don't like them, just because they seem very similar to fedora and iced cappuccino tho haven't done them on a full set of nails yet so may change my mind once I've seen them in the flesh.

That being said that, I have to agree with Cat with these being my most favourite set of released colours yet.

H xx

Everyone of my clients love the new A/W colors, and are struggling to pick which color they want to wear, they love them all!!!! And when it comes to pretty poison, without exception, they've all said "Hmmmmm i wouldn't normally wear green, but that color is just gorgeous" :D x

Exactly what I said about Pretty Poison :lol:

Latest posts

Back